The 50th Anniversary of Star Trek Las Vegas Convention 7th Annual Stonewall Meetup (IMPORTANT TICKET INFO!)

Ben

Gravity

The 50th Anniversary of Star Trek Las Vegas Convention 7th Annual Stonewall Meetup (IMPORTANT TICKET INFO!)

August 10 2016
Well i just got home and have been reading this and wanted to add my thoughts. I am going to be more honest than i perhaps normally would be but i think this is one of those times that deserve it.

I have seen people going to Las Vegas for years now and people have been telling me to go. While this was the first time i had the money to go i have actually been very reticent about going for similar reasons to Nick. I am quite shy and nervous with new people and new situations so the idea of going on holiday alone with people i had never met in person was a very scary prospect to me. Coupled with my own insecurities about body image and the like it meant i was incredibly nervous heading out there.
My experience was just like Nick's everyone was so kind and welcoming. While we officially go for the convention it is clear that really we go for each other. I enjoyed the convetion immensely (alot more than expected) but it paled in comparison to meeting these people in person.
I only wish the holiday could of been longer.

If there are fleeties out there thinking they might want to go to vegas for the convetion i really hope that you do, you will have a fantastic time :)
5 people liked this
Mark

sparkz88

August 15 2016
I just want to add my little gushy thanks too! I've been in and out of the fleet (hopefully more in now) and last year was my first year going. You guys made me feel at home so quickly, part of a family of a large group of friends. That is something I don't get in my little corner of the world.

The first year, you pulled me out a dark place. The second year, you all elevated me to new heights and allowed me to come home with a confidence I haven't felt in years.

I admit, I have 'ugly cried' each time I have left. I leave best friends behind, new and old, in the hopes to see them again next year.
2 people liked this
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re:The 50th Anniversary of Star Trek Las Vegas Convention 7th Annual Stonewall Meetup (IMPORTANT TICKET INFO!)

August 15 2016
Quote by sparkz88
I just want to add my little gushy thanks too! I've been in and out of the fleet (hopefully more in now) and last year was my first year going. You guys made me feel at home so quickly, part of a family of a large group of friends. That is something I don't get in my little corner of the world.

The first year, you pulled me out a dark place. The second year, you all elevated me to new heights and allowed me to come home with a confidence I haven't felt in years.

I admit, I have 'ugly cried' each time I have left. I leave best friends behind, new and old, in the hopes to see them again next year.

Awww, we'll you've got us now 24/7 :) hugs