The 50th Anniversary of Star Trek Las Vegas Convention 7th Annual Stonewall Meetup (IMPORTANT TICKET INFO!)

Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

The 50th Anniversary of Star Trek Las Vegas Convention 7th Annual Stonewall Meetup (IMPORTANT TICKET INFO!)

January 24 2016
I was looking forward to coming, but between having to give up my hotel reservation and having to fight disability still it's a no go. Sad, but maybe for the best at this point. Maybe I'll go to Foxwoods that week to simulate being there with all of you.
Unknown Person liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

January 24 2016
Quote by xochild
I also don't feel safe enough going to the U.S.A.

Is Las Vegas like the Gaza strip now? :P

or Fallout:New Vegas

I know a load who have gone there, and keep going back its really family friendly
2 people liked this

Unknown Person

January 24 2016
Quote by xochild
I won't have the free schedule to fly back to America for the convention, but, I also don't feel safe enough going to the U.S.A. as well. I know it's going to be loads of fun though, and I hope everyone that goes enjoys themselves B)

I'm sorry you wont be making it, it would've been nice to meet you and we all have such a good time each year. But with hypercritical neuroses fueling such an erroneous parti pris, I'd probably fear for my safety as well, lol. :laugh:
2 people liked this
Edited January 24 2016 by Unknown Person
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

January 24 2016
Quote by xochild
I won't have the free schedule to fly back to America for the convention, but, I also don't feel safe enough going to the U.S.A. as well. I know it's going to be loads of fun though, and I hope everyone that goes enjoys themselves B)

Well the mob no longer controls it, the marauding bands of thugs have been contained... All you have to worry about is the plague, getting lost; and ending up in area 51, sand people, Trump attacks, and giant radioactive ants... Damn you nuclear testing!
3 people liked this
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

January 24 2016
Quote by xochild

I guess one of us will have to say it... if you are afraid we'll just give you some protection. Just have to get the guns out first. Would you prefer big, explosive, or purse size? I'm guessing the latter and if all else fails I'll use my teeth to rip any "danger" apart. :)

P.S. The Bat'leth will stay at home for safety reasons. Can't have homicidal immortal Klingon hybrids running amuck in Vegas. Oh wait yes we can. :lol: :silly:
Edited January 24 2016 by medgirl1025
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

January 24 2016
Quote by medgirl1025
I was looking forward to coming, but between having to give up my hotel reservation and having to fight disability still it's a no go. Sad, but maybe for the best at this point. Maybe I'll go to Foxwoods that week to simulate being there with all of you.

Saddness there is still a bit of time. We need to prove a Romulan and a Klingon can work together. Lol
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

January 24 2016
If my disability pulls through I would have enough owed to come down. I'll stay where ever, but the tickets to get into the con would be the problem.
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

January 25 2016
Would be awesome to see you there, Jamie! Hope you can make it!!
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

January 26 2016
I'm dreading the sun! Must cover up from head to toe and stay in the darkness.
Heli

Narciso

February 02 2016
I'M GOING!!!!!!!!

VACATION APPROVED AT THE LAB!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!
2 people liked this
Sam

Gravitos

June 23 2016
I shall be there along with the hubby and 3 others! 2 of which play but are in other Fleets. >.>

Hope to have a drink with some of you. :)
2 people liked this
A.J.

xochild

June 30 2016
Quote by Jacien
I'm sorry you wont be making it, it would've been nice to meet you and we all have such a good time each year. But with hypercritical neuroses fueling such an erroneous parti pris, I'd probably fear for my safety as well, lol. :laugh:

I completely agree with the first part, but, I think Medgirl's joking comment quoted below perfectly demonstrates exactly why I don't feel comfortable going. Maybe the one good thing that's come out of the Brexit referendum is that I no longer have a work trip to New York City.

I do hope those that go enjoy themselves.

Quote by medgirl1025
I guess one of us will have to say it... if you are afraid we'll just give you some protection. Just have to get the guns out first. Would you prefer big, explosive, or purse size? I'm guessing the latter and if all else fails I'll use my teeth to rip any "danger" apart. :)
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

June 30 2016
With all of the violence that we're seeing across the globe, I don't think that there's any one location that's much safer than the next. From terrorist attacks all across Europe, to extremist linked hostage takings in Asia, to the apparent increase in racism related encounters throughout the UK following the Brexit vote, to the nightclub shooting in Orlando... We can go on and on, leaving no individual country untouched in terms of potential dangers, I'm sure.

I totally appreciate where you're coming from. I was very hesitant to go to Jamaica last year, especially because I was sharing a hotel room with my boyfriend. I was pretty worried that being obviously gay there would cause some issues for us, and while I'm sure that it could have under the right circumstances, it didn't, and it turned out to be one of the best vacations and experiences that I've had in my life.

I suppose that from that and other experiences, my line of thought has become that if I start letting fear dictate what things in life I choose to experience, that it's going to be a pretty unfulfilled life. If not this year, maybe think about coming in the years that follow!

Besides, I think that the worst danger that likely exists at a Star Trek con is finishing the last bottle of Merlot at the bar when ten nearby Klingon cosplayers are under the impression that it's actually bloodwine.
3 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 30 2016
Quote by Voleron QUOTE OF 2016
Besides, I think that the worst danger that likely exists at a Star Trek con is finishing the last bottle of Merlot at the bar when ten nearby Klingon cosplayers are under the impression that it's actually bloodwine.

framed, shared, liked, retweeted, pinned, double tapped love, revined, subscribed button.
#Lovethis
3 people liked this
Jamie

tuvak

June 30 2016
I always wondered, too, if these kinds of things didn't always happen some a degree of regularity anyway but as individual, isolated events across the globe...and that we only see and hear about them now with such fanfare because of the advent of social media, the empowerment of people who like to become personal journalists, and the eagerness of the media to exploit disaster for corporate gain. There are probably people being murdered and discriminated against in countries right now (Like North Korea) but we don't hear about those things because of their isolationist attitudes. I'm not discounting that these other events like Orlando did occur and were tragic. On the contrary, just saying that we've become much more an integrated, global society now than we ever were before, and in this day and age, I can write something, send an email, or make a Facebook post that is then seen across the globe in mere seconds when in the past it took, well, maybe just too long for people to give a damn.
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

June 30 2016
Anyway on a significantly more positive note... Today marks a month to my birthday and the start of my two weeks vacation.... Who's going to Vegas?
Jamie

tuvak

June 30 2016
Quote by SaintPlazma
Anyway on a significantly more positive note... Today marks a month to my birthday and the start of my two weeks vacation.... Who's going to Vegas?

me me me me me. :-)
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

July 01 2016
Woot! Did you get tickets or do I have to spend time with my boyfriend?
Jamie

tuvak

July 10 2016
Quote by SaintPlazma
Woot! Did you get tickets or do I have to spend time with my boyfriend?

this sounds strangely funny. LOL.
Chris Elliott

Spelljammer

July 12 2016
Me and my boyfriend will be attending for the first time this year. Hope to meet up with others attending! :)