The 50th Anniversary of Star Trek Las Vegas Convention 7th Annual Stonewall Meetup (IMPORTANT TICKET INFO!)

The 50th Anniversary of Star Trek Las Vegas Convention 7th Annual Stonewall Meetup (IMPORTANT TICKET INFO!)

July 23 2016
All my reservations are confirmed. Looks like I'll be seeing you all in Vegas!
2 people liked this
Brandon Felczer

CapnBranFlakes

July 23 2016
Looking forward to seeing you (and everyone) in Vegas in 2 weeks, Nick!
Edited July 23 2016 by CapnBranFlakes
Jamie

tuvak

July 23 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16

Yay. I'm bringing all my gradient towels, clothes, and paraphernalia just for you!
nicholasjohn16 liked this

Unknown Person

July 23 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16

Yay! See you there, Nick!
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

July 23 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16

Cool! See ya there!
James DGr

Tpox22

July 23 2016
Hey all,

I'm so excited to hear that so many of you are coming to Vegas for the convention.

I've been awfully quiet since picking up and moving from North Carolina to Las Vegas for my family medicine residency. I will be on my psychiatry rotation during the most of the convention. However, I would love to take part in the activities during the evening if possible and meet you all in person.

Jot down my contact information below. Shoot me a text with your planned meetups. If I have free time from residency, I can even help drive some of you around (and save you some Uber/taxi fees).

James Denisar-Green
6816 Rancho Santa Fe Dr
Las Vegas, NV 89130
SEVEN-0-TWO, 530-4983
Edited July 23 2016 by nicholasjohn16
Chris Elliott

Spelljammer

August 02 2016
Me and my other half arrived yesterday. Is there a day/time that fleeties are planning to meet up for dinner/drinks/etc. ?? If there's an organized thing that's going to happen, someone give either of us a text at the numbers below. I'll check on the boards here to look for info as well. Looking forward to meeting you all :)

Chris 859.608.3119
Jason 859.351.4310
Edited August 02 2016 by nicholasjohn16

Unknown Person

August 02 2016
At present a few people are gathering at El Burro Boracho near convention way.
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

August 02 2016
Have fun everyone!

*is silently very jealous of you all* :P

August 09 2016
On this trip to Vegas, I lost my luggage, broke my tablet, had a gout attack and had to go to Urgent Care for medication and forget my phone in an Uber, (I generally consider myself a pretty lucky person, but Vegas seems to be the antithesis of this.) and it was all damn worth it to meet you wonderful wonderful people. I'd love to list all of you by name, but I still can't remember everyone.

Losing my luggage actually taught me a valuable lesson in humility. The name Nicholas means virtuous or “the virtuous one”. I've always tried to live by that. The Seven Heavenly Virtues are chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness and humility. Pride has always been one of my downfalls. I've avoided going to Vegas for years because I don't like the way I look. Being forced to wear the crappy clothes I grabbed from Walmart and seeing you all accept me as I am made me realize that my appearance wasn't ever important. I thank you all for accepting me and that idiot who took my luggage for helping teach me this lesson.

Over the years. I've been told over and over again how grateful people are that I created this community and I've always appreciated that, but I had no idea the extent of what this community was until this week. I am deeply humbled and proud of what we've all created.
6 people liked this
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

August 09 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16
On this trip to Vegas, I lost my luggage, broke my tablet, had a gout attack and had to go to Urgent Care for medication and forget my phone in an Uber, (I generally consider myself a pretty lucky person, but Vegas seems to be the antithesis of this.) and it was all damn worth it to meet you wonderful wonderful people. I'd love to list all of you by name, but I still can't remember everyone.

Losing my luggage actually taught me a valuable lesson in humility. The name Nicholas means virtuous or “the virtuous one”. I've always tried to live by that. The Seven Heavenly Virtues are chastity, temperance, charity, diligence, patience, kindness and humility. Pride has always been one of my downfalls. I've avoided going to Vegas for years because I don't like the way I look. Being forced to wear the crappy clothes I grabbed from Walmart and seeing you all accept me as I am made me realize that my appearance wasn't ever important. I thank you all for accepting me and that idiot who took my luggage for helping teach me this lesson.

Over the years. I've been told over and over again how grateful people are that I created this community and I've always appreciated that, but I had no idea the extent of what this community was until this week. I am deeply humbled and proud of what we've all created.

You were always welcome to join us and I was overjoyed that you finally made it :) It was awesome to finally meet you in person after all these years (and you looked great, so I don't know why you were depriving us) and indeed, this is what I have always loved about our Stonewall/Vegas group, they are all accepting and embracing -almost like a crew on a space station or starship :) -had it not been for you and your hand in creating Stonewall I wouldn't have meet anyone years ago. I was aware of your lost luggage but I had no idea about everything else, my word, I hope that you get your luggage and that you were able to find your phone. We still have a few people at the Rio that can make some calls to have your phone delivered to them and then shipped to you, etc.

I am so happy that overall despite the obstacles that you faced, you were able to experience the convention, gain insight into one of the toughest virtues (humility) and enjoy everyone else. You're forever part of the Vegas gang now, so now you'll be expected to return next year for TNG's 35th anniversary at the Con :)
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

August 09 2016

[attachment=3651]image_2016-08-08.jpeg[/attachment]

"So. Five card stud, nothing wild, and the sky's the limit."
Unknown Person liked this

August 09 2016
I was really lucky and the Uber driver saw my phone in his car and came back to drop it off or I would be been stranded with no way to contact anyone. It all turned out okay, but I flipped out.
Edited August 09 2016 by nicholasjohn16
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

August 09 2016
Both the boyfriend and I truly enjoyed ourselves. We lookforward toseeing you next year.
Shawn Birch

Parker

August 09 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16

I saw a picture of you and Jacien and you are totally adorable!!! Despite all the trials I am very happy you had a good time! You live up to your name sir! (although drop the Chastity bit... ;) )

Unknown Person

August 09 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16

Nick, I can't tell you how happy I am that you decided to come this year. I love that you had such a good time and that so many of us got to meet each other in-person for the first time. This was a record turn-out for our group, roughly 20 Fleet members give or take. It was an absolutely amazing week of special memories and epic fangirling.

It's a very bittersweet thing, these conventions ending. The time seems to go by in a blink, proving the old adage that time flies when you're having fun. For those of us who are veterans, this is a feeling we're all too familiar with. But we know that we'll see each other again next year because that's what we've done for 7 years now.

I want to take a moment to explain why our annual meetup in Vegas is so special. It's not just because of the convention which is truly EPIC and always well done, Creation Entertainment sure knows how to put on a show, lol. It's about the people and the friendships new and old that we forge each year and we maintain through social media and when we get together it's like an extended family reunion and we keep adding new family members each time. That's the magic of STLV and if you go, it'll cast its spell on you too. ;)
3 people liked this
Sam

Gravitos

August 09 2016
Sad I didn't get the chance to meet more of you or make it to the meet-ups but with 6 people traveling I had to keep the hubby and others content. *I'm painfully introverted unless I know you. So I stuck to my safe place*

I did get to say hi to Zander at the Millennium bar before a couple friends fell ill *5+ lemon drops in an hour not a good idea*

I'm pretty sure I saw a lot of you in the hallways. Awesome outfits.

Hope to make it to another Con in the future just my gaming friend and I!

Hope everyone had a fantastic time!
Jamie

tuvak

August 10 2016
Quote by Jacien
Quote by NicholasJohn16

Nick, I can't tell you how happy I am that you decided to come this year. I love that you had such a good time and that so many of us got to meet each other in-person for the first time. This was a record turn-out for our group, roughly 20 Fleet members give or take. It was an absolutely amazing week of special memories and epic fangirling.

It's a very bittersweet thing, these conventions ending. The time seems to go by in a blink, proving the old adage that time flies when you're having fun. For those of us who are veterans, this is a feeling we're all too familiar with. But we know that we'll see each other again next year because that's what we've done for 7 years now.

I want to take a moment to explain why our annual meetup in Vegas is so special. It's not just because of the convention which is truly EPIC and always well done, Creation Entertainment sure knows how to put on a show, lol. It's about the people and the friendships new and old that we forge each year and we maintain through social media and when we get together it's like an extended family reunion and we keep adding new family members each time. That's the magic of STLV and if you go, it'll cast its spell on you too. ;)

So eloquently put! And...it's exactly how I feel too. It was such a terrific experience. It does feel a bit surreal too and now that it's over, I want it to begin again.