Lars_Zandor

Character Biography

July 27 2016
Personnel File Number #20160624

[attachment=3643]ZandorFED.jpg[/attachment]

Name: Pizzagasm, Zandor
Race: Human
Place of Birth: Unknown
Date of Birth (Human calender): 2375, October 25th (age: 35)
Family & notable close aquintances:
- No blood relatives
- Krunoslav Dragovic (mentor, father figure, First Officer)

Posting: U.S.S. Leviathan (T6 Tactical Star Cruiser) (stardate 20160810); U.S.S. Valkyrie (T6 Science Star Cruiser) (stardate 20160810) (warship outfitted for extreme, high-risk missions - meaning PvP and the more difficult space PvE-queues)

One winter morning of 2383 a starved girl walked to the gates of the Starfleet base in the Netherlands, asking for food. Although the girl spoke perfectly Dutch, no family members could be traced. She had no memory save for wandering the streets that night and that her name was Zandor. The guard in charge of security that night, Lieutenant Commander Krunoslav Dragovic, was assigned to help her get her memory back. Nothing helped however, not even a Vulcan mind meld, and eventually Starfleet could do nothing for her anymore. Ltn-Cm Dragovic was ordered to bring Zandor to the nearest orphanage.

Dragovic however had bonded with the little girl by now. They kept in touch and developed a father-daughter relationship. Dragovic went to the orphanage every week to spend time with Zandor. She was bored at the orphanage. The schooling she got there was all old news to her. Although the orphanage tried to force her to follow the lessons, Zandor creatively managed to skip most of her classes. So Dragovic gave Zandor extra books to learn from. Mostly stuff that cadets get in their first year on the Academy. She went through them quickly and after Dragovic was sure she had actually learned it all, began training Zandor in his spare time. By the time she was fifteen, Zandor wanted to join the Academy. Dragovic appealed to the Academy to let Zandor enter early. After a lot of debating the Academy eventually let Zandor do a standard admission exam. Although she did not do it entirely perfect, she did better than a lot of other students who entered at a later age. Zandor was accepted and finished the Academy with honours.

Zandor (at this point having chosen the somewhat inappropriate “Pizzagasm” as a surname) joined Starfleet at the age of nineteen. By the time she was twentyfive, she was promoted to Captain, after saving the lives of over a hundred Romulan refugees in an almost fatal fight with the Tal Shiar. In the battle for Earth Space Dock several years later, Zandor acted swiftly when the Undine showed up and saved the lives of several Admirals, resulting in her own promotion to Admiral and more recently even Vice Admiral.
Unknown Person liked this
Edited August 11 2016 by Lars_Zandor
Varil

Sentient_Gumball

Character Biography

August 17 2016
KEAIRA VARIL

"When I was still a young girl I remember waking up one night to my father crying. It was after the supernova, we were refugees on Coridan and he had too much ale. It is a rare thing for a girl to see her father in tears so I knelt beside him to ask what was wrong. Captain, that night my father confessed to me the things the Tal Shiar made him do as a physician, he put his head in my lap and sobbed until he fell asleep. It came out of nowhere. I was ten years old, more than old enough to remember that my people did not speak so freely of the Tal Shiar. I swore that I would never let them have a hold on my family again. I thank Starfleet and the Federation for every opportunity they have provided me, it is not that I want to resign my commission but that I must. The dissidents rallying around D'Tan need skilled officers and my ultimate duty must be to my people, I cannot stand by and watch the Tal Shiar press Romulan citizens into slavery."

- Lt. Cmdr. Keaira Varil to Captain Omero,
on her reason for resigning.

BASICS
SPECIES: Romulan
SEX: Female
DOB: Stardate 56951.2 (2379)
HEIGHT: 1.72m
WEIGHT: 61.8kg
HAIR: Black
EYES: Brown
BIRTHPLACE: Rh'Halor
MARITAL STATUS: Single

FAMILY HISTORY
MOTHER: Jylaes Varil (Stellar Cartographer)
FATHER: Tabor Varil (Physician)
SIBLING(S): None
SPOUSE: None
CHILDREN: None

PROFESSIONAL RECORD
STARFLEET
SERIAL NUMBER: SP-9775-4195-11
ACADEMY ENTRANCE: 2397
GRADUATION: 2401
MAJOR: Security
MINOR: Command
PREVIOUS ASSIGNMENT: Tactical Officer, USS Grishom NCC-92711

REPUBLIC NAVY
ENLISTMENT: 2409
CURRENT RANK: Commander
ASSIGNMENT: Commanding Officer, RRW Vesrix

HISTORY
Keaira Varil was born on the Romulan colony of Rh'Halor and was eight years old when the Hobus star went supernova and obliterated Romulus. The destruction of the Romulan government pushed the colony, already strained by Reman coup from several years prior, to the brink of collapse. Her family was among countless others who arrived at the border of Federation space as refugees seeking food and some form of stability. She lived on Coridan with her family until 2397 when she became one of the first Romulans to complete the preparatory program and enter Starfleet Academy.

At the Academy she earned honors in her security coursework. She was given distinctions in martial combat, marksmanship, squad tactics and starship tactical systems. She expressed an interest to her instructors about being the first Romulan to command a Federation starship. After graduation her first posting was on Starbase 111 as a security officer where she served for a year before transferring to the USS Grishom as a security officer. She served aboard the Grishom for seven years; there she became the ship's Tactical Officer, eventually earning the rank of Lieutenant Commander and seniority as the ship's second officer.

In early 2409 before the sacking of Virinat and the destruction of Vega Colony the Romulan dissidents rallying around D'Tan began to gain traction. Word would eventually spread that the fledgling movement began challenging the Tal Shiar with the ships at their disposal, outdated though some where more members of the Romulan military would join the fight. Keaira would make the decision to resign her commission from Starfleet and seek out D'Tan's group.

She was awarded a commission as a subcommander and initially commanded a security squad on board the flotilla. Varil and her squad were among many helping provide security for the Republic delegation at Khitomer. Her experience as Second Officer aboard the USS Grishom would earn her a spot as Executive Officer aboard the RRW Vastara under the command of Admiral Jalen just prior to the Defense of New Romulus. As the Republic fleet continued to grow she attained the rank of Commander and earned her own command of a Republic warbird by 2410.

AWARDS/DISTINCTIONS
Star Cross
Medal of Commendation
Defense of New Romulus Veteran
Battle of New Romulus Veteran
Iconian War Veteran

CHARACTER NOTES
Her years in Federation space, specifically her time at the Academy and on board the Grishom, exposed Keaira to a vastness of culture she otherwise wouldn't have experienced in the xenophobic Romulan Star Empire in which she was born. Because of this she enjoys such things as Vegas Rummy (which was played heavily by the security department aboard the Grishom), an old Earth staple known as a bacon cheeseburger, Samarian Sunsets and hasperat. She has a pet lunarian caracal that despite the reportedly even temperament of the species displays an enormous dislike for a Ferengi delegate who once tried to court Keaira. She has an interest in botany and an appreciation for theater.
3 people liked this
Edited August 17 2016 by Sentient_Gumball
Rich Ryan

thunderfoot1007

Character Biography

January 05 2019
NAME: T'Cael Ael'hollis
FACTION: Rihanh
FACTION ALIGNMENT: tlh'Ingan Hubbeq

Separated from his family during the evacuation of Romulus, T'Cael was handed off to the first adult, a retired Centurion, the authorities could find. Who was childless. Neither T'Cael nor T'Saris was satisfied with this arrangement. In time, the two of them learned to tolerate each other sufficiently for T'Saris and T'Cael to further his education. 

T'Saris had been First Engineer aboard a Warbird until an accident left her badly crippled. Unable to serve the Empire in her preferred way, at first T'Saris deeply resented, "looking after someone else's brat". T'Cael intensely disliked the strict discipline and numerous rules T'Saris required him to live under.

As a matter of course, T'Saris began preparing T'Cael for service in the Imperial Fleet. That there was no longer an Imperial Fleet to serve in mattered not at all. T'Cael's objections were wasted on deaf ears and he struggled hard to learn the large amounts of lore and wisdom T'Saris burdened him with. In time, he learned the fastest way to get her to let him do as he wished was to perform the tasks she gave him as quickly and efficiently as he could. Before she died, T'Saris managed to give T'Cael the equivalent of the first two years of the Engineering Scholia at the Imperial War Academy.

T'Cael has one very old hologram of his family and has never given up the thought he would find them someday. He has come tantalizingly close on a few occasions but the search has more often resulted in one bitter disappointment after another. He keeps all this to himself. But he cannot give up the search. 

After seeing firsthand the things which the Tal Shiar and the Empress Sela have done to retain power, T'Cael has committed himself wholeheartedly to the Republic. He will go to any length to defend the Republic since its enemies have no scruples or honor. He gives them no quarter because he feels strongly the Republic can only be made safe with their death.
Unknown Person liked this