Seven Gays of Christmas - Winter Whirl lead-in

December 21 2019
Hello everyone, I hope you're all doing great this December? 

With these dark days, I thought it could be a good idea to accentuate the positives and brighten up our lives by practicing gratitude.
Starting today and throughout the week leading up to the Winter Whirl, try to post at least one thing that you're grateful for each day. I doesn't have to be anything ground breaking or transcendental, it can just be simple things - Like not having to shovel snow in the morning :)

It's said that doing this over time can help you develop a more positive outlook in life and be happier... It can't hurt, at any rate!
7 people liked this
Joey Holweger

Jspectre

December 21 2019
Today I’m grateful for Bowie cause dogs are amazing.
8 people liked this

December 21 2019
I'll start! I'm very grateful that we managed to find a place to live
8 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

December 21 2019
I am very grateful for the career change I made a year and a half ago; less stresful, better work atmosphere, more pay.
8 people liked this
Edited December 21 2019 by Chipz416
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

December 21 2019
I’m grateful that I live in a relatively stable country, with a decent roof over my head and that I don’t have to worry about where my next paycheque is going to come from 

*knock on wood for all of the above*

9 people liked this
Cal

calx

December 21 2019
I'm grateful I got to see uncle palpy again today

9 people liked this
Ted Hembach

TLara

December 21 2019
I'm happy for modern medicine and that painkillers were invented. Tonight they saved my day (meaning night) as my aching neck was driving me crazy and hindered me from sleeping. Long live the red pill - or was it the blue one?
9 people liked this

December 21 2019
preamble: I think this is a very cool event!

I am grateful for PEACE.

Where I live, we hadn't had a war in more than 70 years and I think that's amazing and I consider myself very lucky to live in this part of Europe. Although one might argue that the opposite of war isn't peace - it's creation I think peace is very important and a good starting point for creation.
Love, Peace, Peace, Love and Peace, Salaam, Shalom -

hippie out.
9 people liked this
Edited December 21 2019 by hippiepunk
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

December 21 2019
oooh we need to do one each day? .. well here is my first.

Im grateful for my Cat who runs to the door and greets me, with purrs and fuss each night.

11 people liked this
Edited December 21 2019 by GXV3

December 21 2019
Quote by GXV3
oooh we need to do one each day? .. well here is my first.

That's the idea! It'll help us get into the habit.
4 people liked this
Patrick Aka Trick

trick

December 22 2019
I'm grateful that my wife is as introverted as I am and likes to stay home and relax on weekends, and that we are apparently the only two people in the world who can stand each other enough to do it without driving each other nuts.
10 people liked this

Unknown Person

December 22 2019
I am grateful for my citizenship.
That I no longer have to worry about my right to stay in Finland and that I can vote. I'm grateful that I am part of a country where a shop worker from a rainbow family can become a prime minister and talk openly about her life (in a 5 party government alliance all led by women). I am grateful for the progress made in equal rights and I am hopeful that more can still be made
10 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

December 22 2019
I am grateful for that lovely husband of mine, accepting me for all my good and bad traits. And he is also way funny.
8 people liked this
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

December 22 2019
In grateful for all you in Stonewall who are my friends or who put up with me :)
9 people liked this
Cal

calx

December 22 2019
Today I'm grateful for the holiday break to enjoy a bit of gaming hopefully

7 people liked this

December 22 2019
I'm grateful for being able to hear. It's such a fundamental thing, but I'm really grateful for being able to experience music in my life, the howling winter wind, the splash of rain. Life would be so hard for me without those things.
8 people liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

December 22 2019
Quote by Balduranne
I'm grateful for being able to hear. It's such a fundamental thing, but I'm really grateful for being able to experience music in my life, the howling winter wind, the splash of rain. Life would be so hard for me without those things.

Ohhhh, that's a good one!  Yes, I agree with you completely.

Let's keep the train rolling...
I'm going to keep it simple for day #2: I'm thankful for having the day off (the full day, I hope).  Enjoying some early morning tea, incense and a meditation session in Playne

8 people liked this
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

December 22 2019
The past year has been massively difficult, I'm grateful for this  community, and to my department colleagues for providing  an escape, and an ear. 
6 people liked this
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

December 22 2019
The past year has been massively difficult, I'm grateful for this  community, and to my department colleagues for providing  an escape, and an ear. 
8 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

December 22 2019
Quote by Saintplazma

*Hugs* I love you man
7 people liked this