[PRIDE10: WEEK 4] Fit to Be Pride

Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

July 07 2019

STARTS MONDAY 8th JULY

Hey Stonewall,
July 8th thru July 14th I’ll be hosting Stonewall's Run up to pride (Week 4) event “Fit to be Pride”. A Step Event that will walk through various milestones in LGBQ+ history. Join your fellow Stonwallers, learn some of our shared history, and earn some easy Stonewall credits (SWC). The requirements are simple, for every 20k you walk you get 2 credits.

20k - 2 SWC

40k - 2 SWC

60k - 2 SWC

80k- 2 SWC

All you need is a pedometer app (Google Fit, Apple Health, Step Counter, your favorite app).
Starting Monday. at the end of the day just screenshot your step count for that day. (I always do it as I'm going to bed). Once your done, message them to me on our stonewall discord server ( @saintplazma#4099 ), or email your results to SaintPlazma@gmail.com.

Below is a reference map to see how many steps through LGBT+ history you can unlock.

HINTS & TIPS FOR GETTING THE STEPS IN:
- Keep your phone in your pocket to register your steps
- Take your Dog or cat out for a walk
- Walk around your local park
- go out jogging
- Play some Pokemon Go or Harry Potter  in your neighbourhood
- Walk around Ikea

Quick Rules:
- No Cheating, dont photoshop your steps
- Try and get your steps for that day to me in a message, if not send 2 screen grabs the next day
There is no daily Step allotment, just do what you can no matter how big or small, send them to me and i will total up all your steps through the week.

In Brief:
- Download Google Fit / Apple fit / Or use your own Fitbit type tracker
- We all start our steps together on Monday 8th July
- Send me a screen grab of your steps each night before your set for bed.
- There is NO limit to how many steps you can do in a day, The more steps you do the more you progress to gaining SWCs..

Good Luck!
I look forward to recording your steps on monday!

#FitToBePride
#Pride10
11 people liked this
Edited July 07 2019 by GXV3
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

July 07 2019
Ohhh! A step challenge I can take part in! Cant wait for monday to join in now!
Sign me up!!

#FitToBePride

2 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

July 07 2019
Oooh this got me excited, I want to start walking already!
#FitToBePride
Unknown Person liked this
Edited July 07 2019 by Chipz416
Ian M. Walker

Michlo

July 07 2019
Hiya,

to be more inclusive, I would suggest lowering the thresholds.  Not everyone is similarly abled or has the time.  For myself, personally, I'm usually at 6-7k a day (when I remember to carry my 'phone or wear my smart watch) and since I work from home and have back problems, I may not even get to your lowest threshold of 20k.  I doubt I'm the only one in that situation.

Cheers.
Edited July 07 2019 by Michlo
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

July 07 2019
But with 6-7k a day, you will be at the threshold in about 3 to 4 days, right? So you would pass by at least the first three hexagons on the roadmap, and even win 2 SWC! :)
2 people liked this
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

July 07 2019
Ah dang I did 20k on Friday I was too early! Can't wait to rack up my steps 
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

July 07 2019
Looks like a fun challenge!  

Technical question: Can I count “steps” that I get from swimming backward on my bicycle on the back of a dolphin while on my elliptical while soaring underneath a petrodactyl? Or do I have to get steps by walking only?  Asking for a friend!

3 people liked this

July 07 2019
Quote by Voleron

Technical question: Can I count “steps” that I get from swimming backward on my bicycle on the back of a dolphin while on my elliptical while soaring underneath a petrodactyl? Or do I have to get steps by walking only?  Asking for a friend!

It didn't count my bicycle step last year so I guess not;

Sign me and Julie (Allehandra) up o7 #FitToBePride
Let's hope it actually works for me this time
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

July 07 2019
Quote by Michlo
Hiya,

to be more inclusive, I would suggest lowering the thresholds.  Not everyone is similarly abled or has the time.  For myself, personally, I'm usually at 6-7k a day and since I work from home and have back problems, I may not even get to your lowest threshold of 20k.  I doubt I'm the only one in that situation.

Cheers.

We’ve had a few of these step challenges over the years and I can say that the 80k hasn’t been out of reach for a lot of people, so I imagine that the results of the previous challenges probably guided how the numbers were settled on.  

Also, being that this is a challenge, I think the idea is for us to challenge ourselves to do more than we might normally accumulate in our regular day to day routines by motivating us to hit the treadmill or go for a few runs to try to keep pace with other fleeties.  

Like you, I probably won’t make the 80k, but even making any of the milestones will be a fun group event to participate in!

Mark me down!  

5 people liked this

July 07 2019
Sign me up.  I am up for it
Ian M. Walker

Michlo

July 07 2019
Quote by Chipz416
But with 6-7k a day, you will be at the threshold in about 3 to 4 days, right? So you would pass by at least the first three hexagons on the roadmap, and even win 2 SWC! :)

That was just my personal example, mate.  This isn't about me. :P  There may be others for whom even that is a challenge, that's all. :)
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

July 07 2019
Quote by Voleron

I'll  allow  this as long as the dolphin  is equipped with a reverse ratcheting  left  handed monkey wrench.
4 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

July 07 2019
Michlo brings up a good point, we prob should have included in the OP some encouragement examples from members past experiences with our Fitbit challenges.

Ive ran several of these step challenges in the past... we had a wheelchair bound member wanting to join in, .. and she took on our Zombie Walk challenge as part of her rehabilitation .. she did fantastic as you can see in the link... and i had some really heartwarming private feedback from her.

We really do try to think of everyone when we think up these game Ideas.. but sometimes.. It is hard to tick every box, However.. we have a great number of alternatives to get steps in. example, The great thing about having a pedometer on your phone is you can use it as though your pumping some Iron.. and it will register that as a step... or sit in an upright position on a chair near your stairs, tuck your phone into your sock and lift your leg up and down on that step.
Sure it wont register as much as walking around.... but anyone can join in, and these challenges are designed for having fun with fitness and seeing how far you can get with a bunch of other friends...
im super sure if anyone out there reading this who wants to join in.. but see's it as a life challenge, drop @saintplazma a private message and you both can sort something out... we are fleeties here and we got each others backs!

#FitToBePride

5 people liked this
Edited July 07 2019 by GXV3

July 08 2019
I'll join in on #FitToBePride. Maybe I can squeeze out a few thousand steps or so.
2 people liked this
Edited July 08 2019 by nicholasjohn16
Georgiadawg83

georgiadawg83

July 08 2019
I just saw this--count me in! Just got back on the diet/exercise routine this morning after coming home from vacation, so the timing is perfect! I will screenshot my Fitbit app and send it each day. Thanks for setting this up; I love these step challenges!
2 people liked this
Michael

maupin

July 08 2019
Great ... I made 10k steps today, so completed the "Karl Ulrich" threshold - named by my fellow citizen from Munich. Happy gay pride from Munich!

BTW: @saintplazma hope you accept steps in German (="Schritte") 

#FitToBePride
2 people liked this
Edited July 08 2019 by maupin
Ben

Gravity

July 08 2019
Just shy of 16k for my first day it looks like so not a bad start but i realise i am busy friday-sunday and will likely get very few steps in that time so i need to be busy Monday to Thursday it seems.
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

July 09 2019
Awesome job yesterday Stonewall! Lead by @Chipz416 we had a grand total of 153714, that's  72 miles  or 115 kilometers. That's  more than  distance to reach space from  sea level. Keep up the awesome work! I'm  proud of  each of you!

Our top Three

@Chipz416
@GXV3
@Gravity
3 people liked this
Edited July 09 2019 by Saintplazma
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

July 10 2019
People Stonewall!  We had another awesome  day yesterday. So far we've  walked a collective  33064 steps, 156 miles, or 251 kilometers. That's the equivalent of running the Marathon des Sables, or six regular marathons. Keep up the good  work and I'll  see you tomorrow. Remember get  out there and  have  fun.

Our top Three

@Chipz416

@GXV3

@Gravity
2 people liked this
Edited July 10 2019 by Saintplazma
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

July 11 2019
Hey Stonewall, it's me Plazma.  Our progress continues to astound. So far we've  walked 4477640 steps, 226 miles, 363 kilometers. That's almost the length of the Grand Canyon. You are doing awesome. Wonderful  job on increasing that step count.
Our top Three

@Chipz416

@GXV3

@Gravity
2 people liked this