[EVENT] Walk To Mordor Challenge

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 19 2018

END OF CHALLENGE

------------------------------

ABOUT THE CHALLENGE

Greetings Stonewallians, Starting Monday 21st May 2018 a Challenge has been set to you, Brave Stonewall Member..
Should you choose to accept it will bring many rewards, in the Form of Stonewall Coins (SWCs).
The Challenge is a simple one.. but very risky, but I have worked and battled along side each of you to know you are more than capable of any such feat set before you.

I shall give you this mysterious gold ring, it has troubled our land for some centuries, and we must get rid of it before the dark lords
approach our lands.. you must travel to Mordor and Destroy it in the mouth of Mount Doom!!!
Then you must travel safely back To where you started... But for Bonus Coins.. you may want to go a little further..
To Grey Havens, to seek eternal Life and be the True Warrior and Hero Of Stonewall!!

Event Brief :
Simply Download a Pedometer app for your mobile phone.
The Best and Trusted Free ones to get are:
Google Fit
Apple Health
Fitbit (if you have a fitbit wrist band)
Or if you already have a health band that tracks your steps with an app,, use that one.

Starting Monday (21st) at the end of your day, take a screen shot of your Steps readout for that day,
and Send to me.. in a private message on here.. or On discord.
The More Steps you do, the more I can Move you on the map above each day.
When you hit a Landmark that’s Listed below, you earn what the stated prize is.
Example.. if you do 10,000 steps (5 Miles), you have travelled from Hobbiton, to the next land mark of Rivendell.. and you get a prize.
Do 10,000 more steps the next day.. and you would have reached the next destination (Rauros).. another prize!
The Goal is to Walk to Mordor.. and then back safely Home to Hobbiton by the end of the challenge (Midnight Sunday 27th May)
That would be a total of 40 miles you have walked in 7 days. (80,000 steps in 7 days).
The average people do in a day is 10k steps.. so it is doable.

This is the same as an event we ran a couple of years ago, The Fitbit Challenge .. but more fun!

(I've put everything in miles because im British and its the correct way.. you can use a Miles to KM converter here)

-----------------------------

Here are the Goal Destinations you need to travel to...

Please note, there is NO limit to your steps per day, the more you step, the more you travel along the map. So long as you reach or go past the required destinations, the more you progress.

The first leg of your Jorney will start off at Hobbiton... you'll need to do 10,000 steps or over to reach the magical Elvish City of Rivendell.

The peaceful, sheltered town of Rivendell was located at the edge of a narrow gorge of the river Bruinen (one of the main approaches to Rivendell comes from the nearby Ford of Bruinen), but well hidden in the moorlands and foothills of the Misty Mountains.

To go past Rivendell and onto Lothlorien, you will need to do 20,000 Steps or over, if you reach this goal you get 1 SWC.
Lothlórien was both a forest and elven realm located next to the lower Misty Mountains. It was first settled by Nandorin elves, but later enriched by Ñoldor and Sindar, under Celeborn of Doriath and Galadriel, daughter of Finarfin.

Next stop off is Rauros, to reach Rauros you will need to do 30,000 steps or over.
The Falls of Rauros, also simply referred to as Rauros, were the great falls of the River Anduin at which the river fell from the Nen Hithoel into the wetland of Nindalf. At the breaking of the Fellowship of the Ring, Frodo and Sam paddled a boat…so you'll need one too!

Aghhh youve arrived at mount doom (Mordor) if you have done 40,000 steps in this week. be careful the eye of sauron dosent see you!
Mordor is a black, volcanic plain located in the southeast of Middle-earth to the East of Gondor, Ithilien and the great river Anduin. Mordor was chosen by Sauron to be his realm because of the mountain ranges surrounding it on three sides.

Your Here Quickly!! destroy the ring once youve reached Mount Doom in Mordor (40,000 steps) and you will get another 1 SWC!!.. now run you fools.. to Minias Tirith!!

Youve now Destroyed the ring as youve gone past Mount Doom, You have ran to Minas Tirith.. and now your in Isengard if you have achived 50,000 steps within the week.
Isengard, also known as Angrenost ('Iron Fortress') in Sindarin, was one of the three Fortresses of Gondor, and held within it one of the realm's Palantiri.

Your slowly making your way back home to Hobbiton, you've gone through Isengard and your back at Rivendell, this means you have done 60,000 steps within this week... Get 1 SWC if you reach or pass here.
In Sindarin, the name of Rivendell is actually Imladris, and "Rivendell" is a literal translation of the word's meaning, which is "deep valley of the cleft".

You have done it youve met the challenge!! your back home, you have done an incredable 70,000 steps this week! Congratulations you earn another 1 SWC.
Hobbiton was a village in the Westfarthing of the Shire. Hobbiton was located in the center of the Shire in the far eastern part of the Westfarthing. It was the home of many illustrious Hobbits, including Bilbo Baggins, Frodo Baggins.

Whats this?? a Bonus Challenge?? If you do over 78,000 Steps this week, you will get a bonus SWC as a reward, and be herald the hero of Stonewall forever more!
Grey Havens, known also as Mithlond, was an Elvish port city on the Gulf of Lune in the Elven realm of Lindon in Middle-earth. Because of its cultural and spiritual importance to the Elves,.. get on a ship and sail to the forever lands and be Imortal.

----------------------------------------

HINTS & TIPS FOR GETTING THE STEPS IN:
- Keep your phone in your pocket to register your steps
- Take your Dog or cat out for a walk
- Walk around your local park
- go out jogging
- Play some Pokemon Go in your neighbourhood
- Walk around Ikea

Quick Rules:
- No Cheating, dont photoshop your steps
- Try and get your steps for that day into me in a message, if not send 2 screen grabs the next day

- There is no daily Step allotment, Say on the first day you did 12k steps.. ill place you on the map a little past Rivendell.. and then wait for your next day steps to be sent to me.
So long as youve at least touched base on the quest steps, your all good!

In Brief:

- Download Google Fit / Apple fit / Or use your own Fitbit type tracker
- Register your interest below, by Choosing which Role your going to be for your journey, and your in game @ handle/Guild name
- We all start From Hobbiton on the map on Monday 21st May
- Send me a screen grab of your steps each night (or every other day if you can)

- There is NO limit to how many steps you can do in a day, The more steps you do the more you progress to your next destination.

- I will move you along the map so people can see where you are on your journey at the end of Each day through this week.
- Hopefully you've arrived home by the end of the day Sunday 27th May.

-----------------------------

All you need to do now is let me know you want to play along by posting below, dont worry if you dont do that many steps a day, all the Quest stops are reachable, and you may get a SWC just for having fun.

Simply Choose what Role you would like to be (below) on your journey (just for fun)
and leave your @ Handle
so I Know how many are going to play.

If you see this during the week and still want to join in.. thats no problem either! lets see how far you travel.

Good Luck!

#walktomordor

EVENT NOW OVER

3 people liked this
Edited May 28 2018 by GXV3
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 19 2018
----------------------

!!!  CLICK HERE TO SEE THE END RESULTS !!!

----------------------

To Get your Daily Steps From Google Fit

Press the menu button on the left side
and hit "Timeline"

Then make sure that "Day View" & "Steps" are selected.
this will then give you a clear run down of the steps you have done that day.

With that screen open...
Take a screen grab.. and send it to me in a PM Discord.. or a private message on here!

--------------------------------

(More Roles will be added if more interest is shown, anyone can join in)

If you want to join in with this challenge.. Dont forget to leave what Role you want to play as, and your @ Handle Below

#walktomordor

3 people liked this
Edited May 28 2018 by GXV3
Julien Bergeron

Traull

May 19 2018
Handle: Joogoo
Character: The Elementalist (he has body lol)

2 people liked this

May 19 2018
Oh this looks fun! I hope my health can handle it.
Does the role/class really do anything? And you mean the SWC store handle, eh?
Unknown Person liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

May 19 2018

Voleron: Knight of Rivendell commits himself to participating in this ever so difficult challenge!

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 19 2018
Quote by Balduranne

Hey Anna.. the roles are just for fun and will be used as an avatar to track you on the map each day.
Your in game @ Handle will do, yup! Join in!

Your name will be applied to the Role you choose to be in this quest.. like in the 2nd post on this thread

Ben

Gravity

May 19 2018
Millymoo the mage i feel
gr_vity
2 people liked this
Edited May 19 2018 by Gravity

May 19 2018
Quote by GXV3
Quote by Balduranne

Hey Anna.. the roles are just for fun and will be used as an avatar to track you on the map each day.
Your in game @ Handle will do, yup! Join in!

Your name will be applied to the Role you choose to be in this quest.. like in the 2nd post on this thread

In that case I call dibs on @Balduranne, the world's wimpiest Ranger and her wolfgirl familiar (I'm dragging along allehandra with me, and I think she was invited to the fleet).
If we need to have separate roles Julie (Allehandra) can be Rogue.

EDIT:
Crap, Plasma beat me to it - I can be Hunter if it can be only one person per class
2 people liked this
Edited May 19 2018 by Balduranne
Julien Bergeron

Traull

May 19 2018
Oh Ben. It’s not a crawl challenge

Midnighttlc

Midnighttlc

May 19 2018
Handle: @midnighttlc  --- Star Trek Online

Character: The Rogue - Aka The Rogue Admiral
2 people liked this
Georgiadawg83

georgiadawg83

May 19 2018
Legion, Assassin. It's on.
2 people liked this
Edited May 19 2018 by georgiadawg83
Athena

CrashCart9

May 19 2018
@crashcart9 -- I'll probably never even make it to Mordor knowing how many steps I actually get in a week, but maybe this will make me actually go to the gym!  And I'm all about the Necromancer's sweet outfit.
2 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 19 2018
Ohhh 6 more Roles added, just for Fun!

Remember there is no Daily limit to your steps!
So long as you reach or go past a Quest destination.. your advancing.

The Map will be updated daily with all of your placements on the map.. some will be on or over a quest destination depending of your steps for that day.

(Eg, you start in hobbiton, and you did 13,348 steps that day.. ill put your position on the daily map a little OVER Rivendell.. meaning youve touched base with Rivendel and your on your way to the next destination)

#walktomordor

Edited May 19 2018 by GXV3

May 19 2018
@GXV3 Is biking allowed, or just walking?
Athena

CrashCart9

May 19 2018
Quote by Balduranne

In my experience, it's hard to get the phone or fitness band's pedometer to pick up things that don't have the very pronounced up-and-down gait of walking/jogging.  Mine won't even get elliptical machine use.
Six GunSound

sixgunsound

May 19 2018
@cogitoergodoleo 

I'll claim Barbarian!
Edited May 19 2018 by sixgunsound
Cal

calx

May 19 2018
Wow Middle Earth looks like Wales!

yaris8, the thief to steal your hearts!

This was really timely, as I was about to take off my new health band thingy! haha

2 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 19 2018
Quote by Balduranne

So long as its regersting your steps/movements than its all good!

Julien Bergeron

Traull

May 19 2018
Last couple days about 20-25,000 steps each. Hopefully I can wrap this challenge up quickly :P

Julien Bergeron

Traull

May 19 2018
Last couple days about 20-25,000 steps each. Hopefully I can wrap this challenge up quickly :P