------------------------------------------------------------
CHALLENGE HAS NOW ENDED
----------------------------------------------------------
-

-------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------
FITBIT 5 DAY CHALLENGE
--------------------------------------

Starting MON 6th JUNE, a fun and easy going challenge will take place that you can do in your spare time day or night, all that's needed is your phone.. and a free App!

WHATS NEEDED?

- Fitbit app (free)
- Mobile phone
- your everyday activity

WHATS THE CHALLENGE?

The basic challenge is "How many steps you can do within 5 days".. who ever does the most steps.. wins, and runners up will win too.
Once you've downloaded this app, simply register plop in all your details.. it will take around 2 mins (dont worry no one can see your personal details except for you)
All we need to focus on is the "Steps" on the main app screen.

This will give you a tally of how many steps you've done in that day

The whole challenge is to see who has done the most steps in 5 days (Mon 6th - Fri 10th june) Whoever gets the most will win, and 2nd and 3rd place will get some Stonewall Credits too!!

HOW CAN I KEEP TRACK OF MY STEPS OVER THE 5 DAYS?

When you tap on the Steps indicator (as pictured above) it will give you a run down of the past days steps.

Take a screen grab of This at the end of your day on Fri 10th.. upload it, and send it to me in a private message.
Ill add up your Mon - Fri Steps.. and we will see whos done the most.

OR

Take a screen Grab EACH day at the end of every day of the main Steps display, and send them into me. (some older versions of the app may not have the previous days steps rundown activity, so taking a screen grab of each day will be a good back up)

You can upload the screen grab from your phone in various ways:
- To your cloud
- upload to a img host site direct from your phone
- Transfer to your PC through usb cable
- Email it to yourself and upload various image hosting sites like http://imgur.com/

1st place winner = 3 SWC
2nd place = 2 SWC
3rd place = 1 SWC

Runners up will also get a little something from me, just for having fun!

This challenge is all about fun, another way to collect up Stonewall credits for your self.. and its also cool to see how many steps you do through the day!

WHERE CAN I GET THE FITBIT APP?

Fitbit is available in all major App stores for Free
http://i.imgur.com/JEYdBI9.png

Look out for this logo in your app store.. and download..

It just takes a few mins to register.
and after this challenge, im sure you will be a fan of it, Like ive become.. it really is a handy and fun tool.

-----------------------------------------
IN BRIEF
-----------------------------------------

- Download the Fitbit App
- Do what you do each day
- Screen grab your weeks activity at the end of day friday
- upload, and send the image link to me in a private message
- see if your a winner

-------------------------------------------
SOME QUICK RULES
-------------------------------------------

Dont try to edit your screen grab, I have pixel training, I'll know.. I'll know
Dont strap your phone to your dog, cat or hamster wheel so they can rack up the steps for you.
Winners of Credits will be announced on Mon 13th, so be sure to get your Screen grabs into me before then

Hope you all have fun with this, to try and get yourself some SWCs to add to your total in this fun little challenge.

any questions, please feel free to ask on here, or PM me

---------------------------------------

Just editing the post to include that you DO NOT need a special fitbit band (health watch) to track your steps.
As Ive had some questions about thinking you need a special Fitbit Band for this. 100% no need for a band.. just your phone.

Your phone will track your motion.

When you are setting up your app, when you come to the device set up.. choose "no fitbit yet", and your phone will act as your monitor

8 people liked this
Edited June 13 2016 by GXV3

[SW.CREDITS EVENT] The Fitbit Challenge

June 05 2016
I rarely hit my 10k steps target, maybe this will help motivate me. :P

One question, my phone doesn't have a screenshot function. Any other ways to submit steps?
Unknown Person liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 05 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16
I rarely hit my 10k steps target, maybe this will help motivate me. :P

One question, my phone doesn't have a screenshot function. Any other ways to submit steps?

There is an App you can get on the android market called "Screen grabber"

or Windows phone an app called "Screen capture"

or iphone an app called "Screen grabber"

all are free to download.

OR

if you have a webcam, or digital cam, or a family or friends phone cam.. you can take a quick pic of your phone?
Mark

Azrael

June 05 2016
Awesome! :woohoo:
Edited June 05 2016 by Azrael
Ben

Gravity

June 05 2016
Is this gareth's way of making stonewall that little bit hotter :P

Great idea by the way, love it.
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re:[SW.CREDITS EVENT] The Fitbit Challenge

June 05 2016
This is awesome!
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

June 05 2016
Sounds like a fun idea! I want to join, but my phone is acting up (saying there is not enough space whilst there is over 500 mb free in total - it does this **** all the time) :(
Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

June 06 2016
1st I thought myself: why does Gareth makes it so difficult? There's an option / game for that in the app!

On a second thought I realised, that the FitBit app competition
a) only works for up to 10 friends
b) friends can only be added via Facebook profiles
c) I don't know your Facebook ^_^
d) it might be a problem for people regarding real names and data protection

But sounds like a splendid idea - some additional motivation is always good!

I'm in.

NOTE: screenshots can be taking on iOS devices by pressing the "On/Off and Home" bottoms simultaneously. The screenshots than can be chooses out of the photo app by selecting them and "sending them" to the mail app or into cloud services.

Hope this makes it easier for some captains who normally handle difficult galactic decisions and to such profound tasks ;)
Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

June 06 2016
Android or iOS?

Normally both need some spare space for swap files. (Temporary space used).
If you close programs, it might show you some free space - but it's used up as soon as you starts more than one app.

Try to get rid of some photos or check, which app are the biggest and if you really need them at your phone.

Had e.g. Some games on it who took 3 GB in space and had it played and finished 2 years ago or iBooks sync downloading all my RPG books ...

Hope it helps.

Greetings to the neighbour country
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 06 2016
Quote by Khazaan
1st I thought myself: why does Gareth makes it so difficult? There's an option / game for that in the app!

On a second thought I realised, that the FitBit app competition
a) only works for up to 10 friends
b) friends can only be added via Facebook profiles
c) I don't know your Facebook ^_^
d) it might be a problem for people regarding real names and data protection

Yup, though its good to add friends and see there progress, I thought it best just to ask for screen grabs as some people prefer not to share such personal info.

So all I need is a screen grab.. add nobody, link nobody... just a simple Screen grab :D
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 06 2016
Just editing the post to include that you DO NOT need a special fitbit band (health watch) to track your steps.
As Ive had some questions about thinking you need a special Fitbit Band for this. 100% no need for a band.. just your phone.

Your phone will track your motion.

When you are setting up your app, when you come to the device set up.. choose "no fitbit yet", and your phone will act as your monitor

[Images from google]
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

June 06 2016
Hmm maybe I need to play with it more but this is how it's showing up for me.
[attachment=3541]Screenshot_20160605-171801.png[/attachment]
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 06 2016
Plazma, Are you using an HTC android?
Edited June 06 2016 by GXV3
Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

June 06 2016
There is a new update for the Fitbit app out on Android and iOS. The one Gareth is showing, is the new one with its slim modern design.

On the old app, you can find the steps taken on settings and adjust what you want be tracked on the main screen. (calories burned, steps taken, activity ...)

[attachment=3542]fitbit-duo-100573363-large.png[/attachment]
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 06 2016
it appears that there are some compatibility issues with HTC android phones, since a certain update.. and Fitbit are not going to apply a fix..

Hi everyone -- Beginning in mid-May 2016, we'll no longer provide support for the MobileTrack feature on the HTC One M8. Recently, Google and HTC made changes that prevents the MobileTrack feature from functioning properly in the Fitbit app for Android on the HTC One M8 device. The focus of our efforts moving forward will be to provide MobileTrack on a larger number of newer Android mobile devices.

To that end... if you are using an Android phone that cannot use the track function...
have a look on the android app store for a free pedometer called Accupedo Pedometer

Accupedo Pedometer seems the next best thing, and Ive read the reviews, mostly 5 stars.

For the android users or anyone having tracking troubles.. use this instead

(front page edited to reflect this news)
Edited June 06 2016 by GXV3
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

June 06 2016
The M10.... I can't even find a nice case... but the Enjolras( my phone name) is fast and pretty...
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 06 2016
Todays the Start of the 5 day Fitbit challenge!!!! get yo trackin on to win some SWCs!!!
Adam

adswayne

June 06 2016
Do we have to use the fitbit app or is another one acceptable? I already keep a track using the 'Activity' app on my iPhone / Apple Watch :)
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 06 2016
Quote by adswayne
Do we have to use the fitbit app or is another one acceptable? I already keep a track using the 'Activity' app on my iPhone / Apple Watch :)

I kinda wanted a universal app that we could all use, so that all settings, readouts, tracking and monitoring are all the same.. So i choose Fitbit as the standard to base everyone's steps on.

Some other tracking apps maybe programmed and configured differently etc etc

So to level us all out on the same playing field I think we should stick to fitbit
(unless your the HTC android user thats effected by the updates)

You can always delete the app after the Friday :D
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Re:[SW.CREDITS EVENT] The Fitbit Challenge

June 06 2016
I really like this idea. Great motivation to keep us gamers healthy while winning a prize both in life and virtual reality. Kudos to the one who came up with this brilliant idea. I hope there are many takers.

I will be rooting you all on from the bleachers, and if I can I will try to get some steps in myself.