Tactical Readiness Fleet Event

Rob

Duriansol

Tactical Readiness Fleet Event - Dec 17, 2016

December 13 2016
Coming up on Dec 17, 2016! Pacific Standard Time (PST)

9:00am 
Greetings Ceremony
--Jacien does a spiel to greet people that are awake and ready to party!

9:30am - 10:15 
Advanced STF Speed Challenge (PvE)
--Two or more teams of 5 are formed up and are given the challenge to complete as many Advanced STFs as possible in a pre-determined time, the teams can do ground or space. Team with most completed, wins. 

10:45 am - 11:45am 
Q&A with a Shipwright
--How to improve my build and other questions! (Looking for volunteers that know their way around ship builds.)

11:45am - 12:45pm
T1vPVE
--Players are invited to work on their ship builds while others practice tactics in T1 vs PvE. Teams are assembled to run Queuess in T1 ships only. Opens with T1 vs Starbase 24, players compete to earn top-slots (first, second, third as assigned by the mission) to earn awards: Screenshot or it didn't count.

1:00pm - 1:45pm 
Red Rover Red Rover Space PvP
--Teams of players are randomly assigned to one of two PvP teams. Each team lines up in a straight line across from each other 'Red Rover' style. Then each team leader will confer with their own team to call out a player on the other team. That player's job is to barrel down and cross the line of ships without being destroyed. The team that accomplishes their kill count first wins. 

2:00pm - 2:45pm 
Faction War
--Players from each faction join in a PvP battle and the fleets go to war! Faction with most kills win, of course.

Ongoing through the day during down times and through the afternoon:
PvE Training Runs
--Help newer/inexperienced players to learn the STFs that aren't very popular for the queues.

3:00pm
Jacien does a spiel
--Closing commentary from Jacien and award ceremony to reveal player final 'scores' and awarding of SWC.
4 people liked this
Edited December 17 2016 by Duriansol
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

December 13 2016
What day was this on?
Rob

Duriansol

December 13 2016
Fixt
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

December 13 2016
Sounds like fun. I can't promise I'll be there, but I will try!
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

December 13 2016
I'd love to be there; sounds like some great, original fun!  Unfortunately, I work that day :(  I'll have to catch the next one.  Grown-upping sucks!

December 13 2016
Starting 9am, but 9am of which time zone? CET? PST? WTF? :-)
Rob

Duriansol

December 14 2016
Pacific Standard Time (UTC-8)
Cheshire McCaster

Niko

December 14 2016
I hopefully will be there.
Unknown Person liked this

December 15 2016
That's nice :-)

If I got it right, central europe is 9 hours ahead PST, so 6pm till midnight on saturday, so I'm online anyway...
Edited December 17 2016 by KuschelBS
Dana Depew

DanaDark

December 17 2016
I really want to go to this, as I have tons of questions on builds, ships, weapons, etc. but sadly just found out I have to work during this. Not too thrilled but it is what it is.
Rob

Duriansol

December 17 2016
Go ahead and post your questions, and we'll try and get them answered for you.

Unknown Person

December 17 2016
Ben

Gravity

December 18 2016
Dana if you have specific questions i will try to answer them the best i can for you.

Also sorry i dropped out early of the event my internet died :(

Unknown Person

December 18 2016
Seemed like a lot of us kept getting the boot yesterday. It definitely made things more complicated. Lots of fun regardless, and I think my favorite was the "Red Rover" part, even though there didn't seem to be much reaction time once people got into range. Maybe we shouldn't have been right on top of the gateways, or spread out a bit more? It's a fun idea, but I think maybe the mechanics need to be tweaked a bit. :)
Edited December 18 2016 by Unknown Person