WARNING - Getting banned for TALKING about buying ec!

Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

August 24 2016
So I was chatting online in the fleet channel about purchasing ec from web sites. We discussed it and had no problem. A little later someone else mentioned buying ec, and I sent them a private message. In the private message, I mentioned a specific website I used to get in game money, for another game, from. Less than a minute after sending the message I was disconnected from the game and banned. I filed a support ticket and a few days later I was reinstated.

So I guess my warning is to never mention a specific site to cheat with :)

The exact message from Arc Games:
----------------------------------
Response By Email (NoEmber) (08/19/2016 09:13 PM)
Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

I understand your account got suspended. Our servers are outfitted with a functionality that automatically suspends players who have been flagged in violation of chat policies or for spamming. The suspension has been released and you should now be able to log in to the game. Please refrain from using the names of the gold sellers in the chat to avoid this situation in the future.

Thank you for your patience and understanding with this.

Regards,
NoEmber
Game Master
Perfect World Entertainment
http://support.arcgames.com/
------------------------------------------------------
Unknown Person liked this
Edited August 24 2016 by Unknown Person

August 24 2016
Buying and selling in-game currencies in most games MMOs is a violation of the EULA. You have to be careful what you say in-game cause of automated filters. If you get caught actually doing it, you may very well be banned permanently so I'd avoid it entirely.
3 people liked this
Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

August 24 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Buying and selling in-game currencies in most games MMOs is a violation of the EULA. You have to be careful what you say in-game cause of automated filters. If you get caught actually doing it, you may very well be banned permanently so I'd avoid it entirely.

I know buying ec is wrong and I could be banned. I didn't know just talking about it could get me banned.
Ben

Gravity

August 24 2016
The people talking about it are usually bots spamming players so alot of these games just insta ban if you talk about these things.
Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

August 24 2016
Quote by Gravity
The people talking about it are usually bots spamming players so alot of these games just insta ban if you talk about these things.

The bots give us spam in-game email. And it wasn't us talking about it but me specifically saying the name of a specific website in private message.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 24 2016
Thanks for the Warning Thurman, I guess even in private messages we have to be careful what we say!

Glad your back with us, yay!
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

August 24 2016
Quote by nycblkboy
The bots give us spam in-game email.

A few months back they also started pm'ing people, if I recall correctly. They also started spamming friend requests. I actually had to change my ingame settings so that I would not get friend requests anymore, because one of them, no matter what I did, it just didn't disappear.
I changed it back later though and I haven't gotten any spam friend requests since.
Edited August 24 2016 by Lars_Zandor
Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

August 24 2016
Quote by Lars1091
Quote by nycblkboy
The bots give us spam in-game email.

A few months back they also started pm'ing people, if I recall correctly. They also started spamming friend requests. I actually had to change my ingame settings so that I would not get friend requests anymore, because one of them, no matter what I did, it just didn't disappear.
I changed it back later though and I haven't gotten any spam friend requests since.

Thanks I didn't know that
Gavin

nivagni

August 24 2016
Now if the CIA and MI6 used filters as strong as Cryptic the internet would be a safer place :blush: but yes glad your back...
Liam

williamjaneway

August 28 2016
Quote by nivagni
Now if the CIA and MI6 used filters as strong as Cryptic the internet would be a safer place :blush: but yes glad your back...

You think they don't already monitor everything you say? They know exactly what you get up to, ;p
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

September 28 2016
LOL Janeway