[SW.CREDITS EVENT] The Fitbit Challenge

Carl

Abbycub

June 07 2016
Cool idea. I already use the Google Fit app to kind of track this stuff anyway and use my watch in conjunction with it. Guess I'll add this for the week. Be interesting to compare the two.

Edit: Hrm seems Fitbit won't bring todays steps into it. Ah well. I should have read the post yesertday.
Edited June 07 2016 by Abbycub
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 07 2016
there is still time Abbycub!! still time to add some extra steps today!!

(messaged you RE your Android problem)

Unknown Person

June 07 2016
Turns out the accelerometer on my phone is le junque, so neither Fitbit nor any other step counter works worth a damn. Oh well...good luck to those participating.
David

Keioel

June 08 2016
I just found out I'm not going to be very mobile this week due to what I'm gonna be doing so I wish those of you competing good luck!! :)
Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

June 08 2016
... just out of the Romulan boot camp, running and doing something for da booty B) :blush:

Admiral Toreth is not amused about my bad field exercise. Maybe a historic 20th century 40-mike-mike would make me run faster and more.

[attachment=3543]toreth.jpg[/attachment]
Unknown Person liked this
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

June 08 2016
Quote by Keioel
I just found out I'm not going to be very mobile this week due to what I'm gonna be doing so I wish those of you competing good luck!! :)

Next time, hopefully we'll be able to do more of these.
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

June 08 2016
Quote by Khazaan
... just out of the Romulan boot camp, running and doing something for da booty B) :blush:

Admiral Toreth is not amused about my bad field exercise. Maybe a historic 20th century 40-mike-mike would make me run faster and more.

[attachment=3543]toreth.jpg[/attachment]

Want for me to get my Tal Shiar friends to pay her a visit?
Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

June 08 2016
How do you know she´s not already enforcing the Imperiums policy with new powers?

The real operative never reveals himself ...

(Sidenote: I really loved her Charakter. Even have a figurine of her, signed by the real actress Carolyn Seymore ... great person, too.)

[attachment=3544]P5090087.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=3545]P5090086.jpg[/attachment]
4 people liked this
Edited June 08 2016 by Khazaan
Mark

Azrael

June 08 2016
Khazaan that is awesome!!! Where did you get to meet her at?
Ben

Gravity

June 08 2016
While i haven't been that well so havent been up and about very much this has helped push me to finally buy a fitbit as i had been planning to for a while.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 09 2016
The following tags have no closing tag: ul
Hello Stonewall Steppers!!

To all that are taking part, only 2 days left until your steps challenge is over at the end of day Friday.

To Give a boost to your step.. here are some fun walking facts!

• The longest walk around the world was completed by a former neon-sign salesman, Jean Beliveau. He walked 46,600 miles around 64 countries. The trip took him 11 years.
  • The United States walks the least of any industrialized nation. The average Australian takes 9, 695 steps per day (just a few short of the ideal 10,000), the average Japanese takes 7,168; the average Swiss: 9,650; and the average American just 5,117.
  • Experts suggest walking 6,000 steps a day to improve health and 10,000 steps a day to lose weight.
  • It would take about 225 million years to walk one light-year at the pace of a 20-minute mile.
  • It would take, on average, 1 hour and 43 minutes of walking to burn off a 540-calorie Big Mac.
  • Researchers note that the human backbone was not designed to work in the vertical position of walking on two legs. That is why modern humans suffer from sore backs, slipped discs, arthritis, and more.
  • To burn off one plain M&M candy, a person would need to walk the entire length of a football field.
  • Walking is also known as ambulation. The term “walk” is from the Old English wealcan, or “to roll.”
  • If you were to walk non stop from the earth, to the moon it would take you 9 years (478 MILLION steps)
  • 2 people liked this
    Mark

Azrael

June 09 2016
    Oh my.... thats quite a walk for an M & M..... :O
    Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

June 10 2016
    Khazaan that is awesome!!! Where did you get to meet her at?

She was an invited guest star to the annual German FedCon at Bonn.

Took also the chance to take an interview for my radio station / own show with Alice Kriege - the actress of the Borg Queen, too.

Fun times.
    Edited June 10 2016 by Khazaan
    Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

June 10 2016
    Quote by Gravity
    While i haven't been that well so havent been up and about very much this has helped push me to finally buy a fitbit as i had been planning to for a while.

Never say, that this fleet is producing fat, rainbow computer junkies ^_^

We need more "real live" stuff :p
    Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

June 10 2016
    Quote by GXV3

To burn off one plain M&M candy, a person would need to walk the entire length of a football field. [

Why do I really want M&M now?....
    Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

June 10 2016
    How much exercise to work off half a bottle of wine?
    Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 10 2016
    Quote by Voleron
    How much exercise to work off half a bottle of wine?

Just Half tonight Dave?.. ohh well done!
    Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 10 2016
    wine contains around 600 - 620 calories...

Walk 6 miles in 2 hours

or

Zumba for 2.5 hours

or

Cycling for 1.5 hours
    Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

June 10 2016
    Oh my God... what kind of wine are you Googling? I have it on good authority that these are the correct measurements!

[attachment=3548]il_570xN.344518155.jpg[/attachment]
    Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 10 2016
    per Bottle mind,

Though I love that glass, Id serve it to the "ladies who do lunch" at my work place