My novel EIGHT SECONDS....

William

Siafu

May 22 2016
The following tags can not be placed within a specific tag: center in color
Has a release date of: (7PM) August 31, 2016

(This notification is in the PREORDER stage, apparently you can save 15% ordering the electronic version or paperback right now, versus full retail upon release.)​

SYNOPSIS

Dustin Marston, wannabe professional bull rider, cannot stay on a bull for the required eight seconds. Conspicuously wearing riding gloves to hide his severely scarred hands and suffering from sinister flashes of suppressed memories from his childhood, Dusty has a panic attack during a hazardous sexual encounter that lands him in serious legal trouble.

When he proves to be uncooperative, his health counselor, Diana, turns to a colleague for assistance—only for the to learn that Joe was once the boy Dusty loved when they were kids, and who was lost to him twenty years ago. Then Joe proposes a highly unorthodox treatment to save Dusty, a treatment that wakes old nightmares and threatens any chance they have of a future.

*A portion of the proceeds to benefit, my favorite charity*
St Jude's Children's Research Hospital*
stjude.org

It goes without saying how many times I have found myself smiling since I became a Stonewall Vanguard Member. Upon a single purchase made by any Member, I am going to write the following on the Memo-Line of my quarterly contribution check.

Contributors: Stonewall Vanguard

And I will continue to write this on the Memo-line for the printing lifetime of Eight Seconds.

*Please post here if you have preordered/purchased this novel. Your money is going to a good cause, and I'm proud to be here. Never was there a finer group of people to call, "Friends." It's official as of this evening. 5 of the professional reviews written by my Beta-Readers will be included in the novel. I thought I would share with you what those reviews are.
Please take note of Review # 4

More Praise for Eight Seconds...

"The originality and suspense of EIGHT SECONDS is captivating, but when the gloves come off, and all is revealed, jaws will drop to the floor."

—FJ O'Neil, editor of four Thornton Wilder plays.

"Passionate and gripping… EIGHT SECONDS takes the reader on a riveting path of self-discovery as Dustin Marston, "the perfect picture of the perfect bull-riding cowboy," struggles to rid himself of emotional demons. Davrick truly nails a victim's rollercoaster of mental traumas, and describes the symptoms to a tee. A must read for anyone who has ever faced obstacles and challenges in life."

—Esther Niell, Victim Assistance Coordinator, Los Angeles City Attorney

"What a rare treat to come across a new writer, poised to make a significant mark! EIGHT SECONDS, William Davrick's compelling first novel, a complex psychological bull-ride, shoots out of the gate holding nothing back and never lets up."

—Paul Hayes, Director, One of Us Corporation

"EIGHT SECONDS tells the tale of innocent love parted in the pains of youth and brought together by fate in the pain of life. Of perseverance, of not giving up no matter how much those pains hurt. [A] captivating and emotional ride, twisting and thrilling which keeps you wondering just how it will end…"

—Callun Xue, Editor-in-Chief, The Stonewall Times, International Gaming

"The scenes, creative and filled with vivid imagery, build with good tempo. The transformation of the main character from beginning to end is truly genius!"

—Jose Rodriguez Ramos, Long Beach Unified, Teacher

I hope you enjoy this story!
~ Siafu

6 people liked this
Edited May 22 2016 by Siafu
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

May 24 2016
I had the honour of getting to read this book before the official release and I thoroughly enjoyed it! I've pre-ordered the final copy and I'm excited to read it for a second time, once it's officially released. I highly recommend it for anyone who likes a good m/m romance like I do! (I have a soft side).

Grats Siafu! I'm happy that you're able to get this released after all of the hard work you put into it!
Unknown Person liked this

Unknown Person

May 28 2016
I'm not much of a reader, if I'm honest (I don't think I've ever finished a novel in my entire adult life), but I've just pre-ordered to show my support and since some of the money goes to a good cause and your words about Stonewall Vanguard made me smile :)

Once it's released I'll definitely try and get it read .. my BF is a big reader so if nothing else I'm sure he'll read it :)

I think the version I ordered was the digital version? I'm not sure how I go about ordering a physical paper-back ... unless maybe I can't being from the UK?

Hal
William

Siafu

May 29 2016
Quote by Halish
I'm not much of a reader, if I'm honest (I don't think I've ever finished a novel in my entire adult life), but I've just pre-ordered to show my support and since some of the money goes to a good cause and your words about Stonewall Vanguard made me smile :)

Once it's released I'll definitely try and get it read .. my BF is a big reader so if nothing else I'm sure he'll read it :)

I think the version I ordered was the digital version? I'm not sure how I go about ordering a physical paper-back ... unless maybe I can't being from the UK?

Hal

Heyya Hal,
Bless you for this honor and supporting the book for the kids. You're an Officer and a Gentleman. And I quite mean that in the figurative and literal sense of those words. /SALUTE

To your question, I had to email the publishing company for help answering that, as this is my first RODEO in publishing a novel and its release protocols I'm not familiar with yet. Here was the answer:

Hey William,
We don’t list the paperback available for order, or for pre-order, until we have actually created it. This makes sure that the price listed on the website is correct, and that we don’t offer any product we can’t immediately fill.

Once Eight Seconds is finalized – proofed, galley, etc. – then Megan will set up the paperback and it will be added to the site for purchase.

Also, he’s not mistaken in that being in the UK will adversely affect him. Unfortunately, we can only offer shipping to the U.S. for purchases through the Book Market, since shipping prices fluctuate so rapidly through our distributor. Thus, he’s got two options for that: he can buy through Amazon or B&N or another larger distributor, or he can contact us when he’s ready to make the purchase ( admin@lessthanthreepress.com ) and we can send him a custom invoice (with the 25% LT3 market discount and the current shipping rate, which actually isn’t too terrible for European customers as our distributor has a printer in Europe somewhere).

Well, at least we both leaned something today.
Hope your BF enjoys the story! And you too, if you decide to give it a go! :)
Edited May 29 2016 by Siafu
William

Siafu

August 09 2016
Good morning Stonewall! Things are going really well -- I'm so excited! My friend finished my book trailer last night and now it's live on YouTube: http://bit.ly/2bagvZF EIGHT SECONDS has also received its 1st review on Amazon http://amzn.to/2aQSKmg - and man it was a good one! Wooot!