Hi Everyone!

Mic Spicer

Pinkscarab

Hi Everyone!

December 09 2015
Have I done something wrong or have a bad reputation or something? When I try to chat I get the ice treatment. Is it me you don't like or is this how the fleet works? If this is how the fleet works then I will be starting to look for another fleet. I am a social person and play this game a lot for the chat and fun you can have with other fleet member. I won't deal with a minefield of clicks that wont even give you the courtesy of a Hi. Sheesh...the last fleet I was in was super fun until they found out I was trans. Anyway if you guys don't want me to be here let me know and I will shuffle along. No hard feelings, I just don't want to beat my head against a brick. Life is too short.

Merry Christmas

Mic
:woohoo:
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

Hi Everyone!

December 09 2015
It's not you, it honestly happen to everyone from fleet captains, to admirals, members and new recruits.
Unknown Person liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Hi Everyone!

December 09 2015
Sometimes, people just aren't chatty and other times there are reasons for silence in fleet chat. See some of my personal tips at the link below that might help you navigate the social ups and downs of MMO interaction :)

http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/forums/ten-forward/74609-volerons-guide-to-happy-fleet-interaction

Cheers,
Dave.
9 people liked this
Petar

werePetar

Hi Everyone!

December 09 2015
Quote by Pinkscarab
Have I done something wrong or have a bad reputation or something? When I try to chat I get the ice treatment. Is it me you don't like or is this how the fleet works? If this is how the fleet works then I will be starting to look for another fleet. I am a social person and play this game a lot for the chat and fun you can have with other fleet member. I won't deal with a minefield of clicks that wont even give you the courtesy of a Hi. Sheesh...the last fleet I was in was super fun until they found out I was trans. Anyway if you guys don't want me to be here let me know and I will shuffle along. No hard feelings, I just don't want to beat my head against a brick. Life is too short.

Merry Christmas

Mic

ppl in general are starting to be less social you did not do anything wrong sometimes I get no replay as well :) think this problems is wide spread in general lvl cap increase pushed a lot of casual players from game and they are a lot more social
Similar thing happened in other cryptic game Neverwinter my guild there had a lot of social ppl to chat with but since elemental evil update no one even bothers to say hi back to me when I say hi :(
Daniela Smith

Daniela76MN

Hi Everyone!

December 09 2015
It does seem to be a quiet fleet currently. I think there are so many things to keep track of and people run so many alts that they can't keep track of chat very well.
I only run one character and still can't keep up on chat very well myself. I'd like to, but I don't even get an answer to greetings or questions sometimes. That and I'm having too much fun pew-pew'ing bad guys. Or getting blown up.
Everyone was paying close attention when Mirror Universe was going on, but then it died off.
I don't know if you were part of the Treksgiving party, but that was pretty fun and chatty. Some of the people are big into Teamspeak, but it's hard when you're new to a fleet.
I'm also trans and have had similar problems in other groups in other games. Which is why I don't chat much since I don't like the sound of my voice.
Send me a pm and we can chat together if nothing else. I can make a popout chat window so I keep track of it better.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Hi Everyone!

December 09 2015
Youve been in the fleet long enough now to know that we are not like that... the fact that a great many of us all tried to pull you back the last time you said something similar hopefully proves this.

Honestly, its really quiet lately, the euro time zones are hot and cold with chat.. i dont get a response from my hellos a lot.. i put it down to people to busy in a pve.. or afk.. or they simply arnt in the mood.
or when someone says hi or speaks and the chat is delayed, or we post at the same time and its scrolled up i don't intentionally mean to ignore anyone.

there are soooo many factors to consider.. even the size of someones chat window... read Volerons the link in volerons post (on page 1) its amusing and got some good truths in there too... and it proves your not alone in thinking things.

Try not to take it to heart. factor in the factors, and your time here already, people who have bought everyone raffle tickets, people who donate there time and own real money to put prizes together for events, or to make ship builds for nearing 100 members....

We are good people.. i promise,

and your one of us!
7 people liked this
Edited December 09 2015 by GXV3

Unknown Person

Hi Everyone!

December 10 2015
I think if you had a bad reputation we'd have gotten complaints from people and members leadership would've contacted you in an official capacity to resolve any issues other members may have had with you multiple times by now. As that hasn't happened and as we've received no such complaints, may I respectfully suggest that perhaps these feelings of yours, while seeming very valid to you, come more from within than without?

I do not say that you haven't experienced something somewhere from someone(s) that caused you to feel snubbed or ignored. I'm merely pointing out that in our very considerable experience and well-informed point of view, it's more often than not entirely unintentional. I would humbly ask that you keep that in mind when no one says "hi" back to you in chat or doesn't return your greeting specifically by name.

Please don't take it personally it's happened to all of use for many reasons. The vast majority of which are not because of cliques and exclusivity.
Andrea Maria

AndreaMaria

Hi Everyone!

December 10 2015
There can only be one answer (again):

http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/forums/ten-forward/74609-volerons-guide-to-happy-fleet-interaction

Seriously, take the time and read it. That´s all I have to say.
5 people liked this
Mark

Azrael

Hi Everyone!

December 13 2015
Thank you Andrea for the link! And *WOW* Voleron a very very impressive post!

Pinkscarab-I think part of it may have to do with the holidays and everyone being busy and in a hurry possibly? :). I know personally up until today, when I hopped onto STO it was usually just for a few to quick do my daily Ice Track for the 40 Q's Winterland pictures then off to watch another round of never ending tutorial videos for my school classes. I didn't always catch all the messages in chat (I think I need to resize my window......) and then if I had time to stick around and was able to do "Tide of Ice" in Q's Winter Wonderland....

SNOWMEN ARE COMING DOWN ALL 4 LANES
SNOWMEN ARE COMING DOWN BLUE LOZANGE AND BLACK DIAMOND LANES
SNOWMEN ARE COMING DOWN BLUE LOZANGE LANE

In less than a minute, any Stonewall or Private messages I received were lost by a blast of snowmen notifications (On a side note.... I'm still trying to figure out which lane is which?)

Don't take offense, Stonewall has an incredible group of people :). Please feel free to add me as a friend in game if you'd like (Azrael@eshaion). If your ever around to defend Q's Gingerbread Village or want to take part in a space battle at counterpoint when i'm online, the more the merrier, especially when its fleet peeps ;)
3 people liked this
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Hi Everyone!

December 13 2015
Quote by SaintPlazma
It's not you, it honestly happen to everyone from fleet captains, to admirals, members and new recruits.

I can definitely relate to this sentiment; hence me be being a jolly Klingon b***h, lol. I can safely say that I am probably a very familiar face and liked by many and with that in mind even I have many times where getting even a simple 'hello' can be like pulling teeth and the strong desire to run sharp nails across a chalk board to get others attention.

The best you can do and is keep throwing in conversation here and there. As well, you can check the times of day you play and compare it to others to see if there is a discrepancy to when people are more responsive. I.e. for me when I'm online at 3am-7am EST I find it much more difficult to get peoples attention than if I am on at 10am or 7pm my time zone.

Also, have you looked into the possibility that you are experiencing the 'chat' bug where you won't see other people chatting in game or possibly they are not seeing you. Comparing a chat log with others can assist (but not conclusively) in determining if that is the cause. Despite the said fix for it I still encounter a number of players who have this issue. Reportedly, a complete fresh install of the game after all files are removed has helped with this, but I'm not 100%. I would defer you to someone else more knowledgeable in this matter.

If you have a specific problem with anyone in particular or a group of people come to myself or one of the other members of the leadership and we can discuss it further from there to see if this is indeed a problem and/or something that needs to be looked into more. However, if this is the case please try to have specifics ready to show or tell us if you can. Thank you.

Anyways, I hope this helps a bit. Remember to keep a smile on your face and in case of complete failure honor killings have been authorized by the Klingon High Council. Proceed with discretion. Qa'pla!

Medgirl
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Hi Everyone!

December 13 2015
Quote by Azrael

SNOWMEN ARE COMING DOWN BLUE LOZANGE AND BLACK DIAMOND LANES
SNOWMEN ARE COMING DOWN BLUE LOZANGE LANE

(On a side note.... I'm still trying to figure out which lane is which?)

FYI: There are little icons (almost like globes) above the pillars on the crosswalks over each lane. They have a specific shape and/or color that helps to readily identify which lane you are on. This way when a certain lane is called out you can identify where you need to go by looking.

~Medgirl

Unknown Person

Hi Everyone!

December 18 2015
The joys of the chat bug .... I had that bug for ages until very recently when I had to re-install a fresh copy of windows 10 (wiping hard drive) and re-installing game it seems to be sorted and now I see everyone.

Im not saying thats a fix for everyone but possibly removing game and deleting every trace of it on your system (including registry) MIGHT fix any chat bugs.

Hope that was of some help other than that different time zones and all that.
You can normally see myself, Andrea who is lovely, Medgirl who you will want to hug in 5 minutes on teamspeak again dependent on time zones so feel free to say hi
:)

Frozenlily

Hi Everyone!

December 28 2015
Hey Mic!

Don't feel bad for people not messaging you back or responding. I talk A LOT in chat and I've always found that sometimes I get responses, and other times I get people talking and boom! No more down period :)

Just don't be afraid to start up convos. Once people have time to chat they will jump right in :D
Michael Sawyer

mykaels

Hi Everyone!

December 29 2015
It's the holidays as well. I have hosted thanksgiving, friends giving, a company holiday party, a christmas party for friends, christmas dinner for family, a christmas dinner fundraiser for LGBT homeless youth. I do not think I have even logged in once the past two months. Lots of people are traveling, out of town, drunk, wishing they were drunk, drunk and wishing they weren't drunk, wishing the tree would catch on fire and fall on the racist cousin (or is that just me), etc.

Things will pick back up.
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re:Hi Everyone!

December 29 2015
Quote by Pinkscarab

Merry Christmas

Mic

Online communication can be a complex subject to address. Addressing a chat room can be like telling a freeway of speeding traffic that you're there to chat and stuff -there's a lot going on with each user at the same time. Stonewall is a global gaming community with different time zones, different people, and different and unique social customes.

There are no chat requirements that compel people to chat, many are inclined to engross themselves in the game itself while others are more casual and engage in chatting when available.

I enjoy chatting but sometimes I do not catch conversations because I'm getting fired at or I'm desperately attempting to prevent my ship from blowing up :)

Please do read Voleron's Guide to Happy Fleet Interaction. It's a definitive guide that will eventually become included in our Welcome Center (unless it's there already and I haven't noticed). Happy reading!

http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/forums/ten-forward/74609-volerons-guide-to-happy-fleet-interaction#87519

Sent from my LG G3 mobile phone using Tapatalk.
2 people liked this
Jamie

tuvak

Re:Hi Everyone!

December 30 2015
anything mr zander says is fine by me. :-)