How do expansions and seasons make you feel about a game?

A.J.

xochild

November 14 2015
With Warframe transitioning from 'new' movement, old graphics, old map, 'new' clan dojo, 'new' mod system, and so on, to a Update 18 (U18) expansion that will bring an all new quest with full motion-capture cinematics thanks to a brand new in-house mo-cap studio added to DE's studio in London, tonnes of new features, new weapons, new (trial) raid, complete UI redesign for sniper rifles, new game mode, new frames to play as (currently through Design Council approval and limited-time trial on Chinese server), new augment mods (passed Design Council suggestion and approval), and an expansion to the 'new' game mode - full disclosure, no spoilers, sorry :P - the idea is that all these new features will bring back inactive players, entice new players to join, etc.

Of course, Warframe is just one game, but this does bring me back to two mainstays of Stonewall also going through recent releases: Star Trek Online with Season 11, and Star Wars The Old Republic with Knight of the Fallen Empire.

How much do these releases make you want to renew interest in a game, go back to a game you left, really focus on a game you never left, and/or try a game out for the first time?

Discuss!
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

November 14 2015
It does with some games. But those are usually the games I stopped playing because of having done everything already. Games I don't go back to are the games I decided I don't like or something.
A.J.

xochild

November 14 2015
Quote by Lars1091
Games I don't go back to are the games I decided I don't like or something.

So what if a game completely reworked or changed (ideally for the better), would this make you go back and try the rework?
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

November 14 2015
Maybe. I guess it'll depend on my interests. For example if they completely rework World of Warcraft I probably won't try it, because I've never been really interested in Warcraft or WoW. I might try it again a few years later, but it'll be when I'm extremely bored. Probably won't try it again.
But if they'd completely rework Lord of the Rings Online, I would definitely give that a try, since I've been a fan ever since I saw the first movie.
Unknown Person liked this