tuvak

Star Trek Cruise

August 12 2015
2 people liked this
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Star Trek Cruise

August 12 2015
I have been hearing a lot about a Star Trek Cruise lately. I've also heard they have happened prior as well. I'd love to be on one of those cruises.

But, what confuses me is this says inaugural...so now idk why I've heard so many say it's happened prior as well. :\
Edited August 12 2015 by medgirl1025
Brandon Felczer

CapnBranFlakes

Star Trek Cruise

August 13 2015
It's definitely happening, and it's the first (inaugural) from this specific company. I'm thinking about going, but I despise NCL as a cruise line -- I'm going on my 21st cruise in October, and 2 of them have been on NCL, and they've been the worst. I spoke about my concerns with leadership from the company putting on the ST cruise while they were at STLV, and they assured me that I wouldn't run into the same issues (bad service, bad food, etc.) on this cruise, even though it's NCL.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Edited August 13 2015 by CapnBranFlakes
Martin McCann

Ergonal

Star Trek Cruise

August 13 2015
This looks epic, but sadly the wrong side of the pond for me ( a mere UK lad) ..although after watching Titanic ( it sank , i cried ) i swore i would never do "boat" this could change my opinion :woohoo: :woohoo:
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Star Trek Cruise

August 13 2015
The cruise definitely interests me, if not substantially pricier than a weekend get-away to Vegas for the convention. I've never been on a cruise, so I'd want my first cruise experience to be epic! I'm a little concerned about Brandon's bad experiences and I'm doing the mental equation to decide whether the Trek element of the cruise could cancel out any other potential issues with it. I think that if there were a group of fleeties going, I'd probably roll the dice and go too.
Brandon Felczer

CapnBranFlakes

Star Trek Cruise

August 13 2015
Quote by Voleron
The cruise definitely interests me, if not substantially pricier than a weekend get-away to Vegas for the convention. I've never been on a cruise, so I'd want my first cruise experience to be epic! I'm a little concerned about Brandon's bad experiences and I'm doing the mental equation to decide whether the Trek element of the cruise could cancel out any other potential issues with it. I think that if there were a group of fleeties going, I'd probably roll the dice and go too.
MTE. Trek+Fleeties > NCL. Let me know if you're (and anyone else) really considering this, and I will too.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
Joseph Leyland

FuriousToast

Star Trek Cruise

August 13 2015
I've always wanted to go on an actual cruise so would LOVE to do this however the price may be a little steep let alone having to get to its departure point.
Unknown Person liked this
Michael Sawyer

mykaels

Star Trek Cruise

August 14 2015
Great minds Brandon, great minds

I was just about to lay waste to my credit card and book this and then I noticed Norwegian. I so very badly want to go... but I so very badly do not want to be on Norwegian.

Plus I would have to pay the single occupancy rate as none of my friends IRL are Trekkies. So I am paying EXTRA to cruise on a floating Haitian refugee camp.