Cosplay!

Finka

Finka

Cosplay!

August 10 2015
I haven't found a thread here about cosplays so I thought I might start one :)
I've never been much into this stuff but since 2012 I attend the biggest Star Trek convent in my country (called TrekSfera, google it, we'll welcome you!) and there are pretty photos being taken every year. Last time I borrowed a classic TOS dress and got some pretty pictures. This year, as I am currently watching DS9 and find Cardassians intruiging, I tried to resemble our favourite tailor ;) The problem was it was so terribly hot yesterday! We made my face for like two hours and after five minutes I was sweating streams and much of the masterpiece just ran down :D But still I got to have a nice pic I wanted to share :) Maybe next year I will manage to get a real silicon mask and one of Garak's tunic.. Or maybe I'll fall in love with another character ;)
https://picasaweb.google.com/kontakt.treksfera/TrekSfera2014
Sooo, just wanted to brag about my pretty face (though people literally haven't recognised me - the grey paint made me look really different!), share some photos of my beloved fellow Trekkies and ask about your cosplay experiences :) :)

[attachment=3151]11822355_10207504741397103_238863893567991592_n.jpg[/attachment]
10 people liked this
Cal

calx

Cosplay!

August 10 2015
wow that looks amazing! :woohoo:
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Cosplay!

August 10 2015
You look awesome. Love it!
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Cosplay!

August 10 2015
Oh, you look great! Pity it didn't work out well because of the heat, but it looks great!
Michael

Mstfrancis

Cosplay!

August 10 2015
So Good!
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Cosplay!

August 10 2015
Wow, very nice! Amazing effort... I want to do something fun like this for next year's Star Trek convention in Vegas, unfortunately, it'll have to wait a year before I'll be able to contribute to the thread. I don't know the first thing about make-up though, so I'd better start learning!

If you have any tips on what sorts of things to buy/apply (I kind of want to go Andorian), maybe you could share them with us!
Finka

Finka

Cosplay!

August 10 2015
I have a friend who usually dresses up as an Andorian. She has a white wig, which is no problem to buy, just some body paint (she mixes two colours because she wants to have a deep intensive blue) but the real problem are the antennas as they tend to fall off if attached only with hair pins. We were talking yesterday that in the US there is a company that made Andorian masks with wigs and the antennas could be attatched to the inside of the mask - the is a kind of a tiny tiny tube where the forehead is, where you stick the end of the antennas. Thanks to them they are in place the whole time :)
2 people liked this
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Cosplay!

August 10 2015
Would it be possible to attach the antennae to the wig in some manner? If you sew them in I believe they would hold very well. If being applied to the forehead or other skin you can get adhesives that are meant to hold props or use double sided tapes. There are some that hold very well, and will even withstand showering, depending on how much humidity is provided of course. Let's see if I remember correctly there are readily available medical adhesives for this purpose (similar to what people use for assist devices)
Unknown Person liked this
Edited August 10 2015 by medgirl1025

Unknown Person

Cosplay!

August 12 2015
That is some amazing makeup work, Finka! Michael Westmore himself couldn't have done a better job.