I really should chat to you guys more

Dean Hartley

Tryulis

May 29 2015
Since joining Stonewall, I find myself often lurking in the forums or posting occasionally on STO chat but I very rarely go out of my way to post anything on here. I guess I've become quite shy since the boyfriend left me last Christmas :(

I found Stonewall after a post on the STO website about the Fleets and it sounded fun. I had been a part of the game since closed Beta and I felt kinda bad that I didn't know a Gay-friendly Fleet was out there. SO I guess my question would be to everyone "What brought you here?"

There we go, I'm chatting more ^_^
4 people liked this
Cal

calx

May 29 2015
hugs and yay to more chat :D

well, i came after a search too and found stonewall and saw the website was full of fun and cool peeps, and the rest is fabulous history!
Unknown Person liked this
Gavin

nivagni

May 29 2015
Oh look another cutey in the Fleet now.... :evil:
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

May 30 2015
Nice to have you joining us here in the forums! I was pretty committed to the MMO I played before STO, and as fantastic as that experience was, there were no other LGBT members of my guild. When I came over to STO, I decided that when I chose a fleet to join, that I'd look for one that had some other LGBT members. I wasn't expecting to find a whole community, but that's what brings me here! Glad to have you with us!
David

Keioel

May 30 2015
I was in Taint in WoW and was playing this game with a Veterans Fleet when I came across a post on the Taint forums mentioning Stonewall. Thus, when the Veteran's Fleet merged with another fleet it was the perfect time to simply move over to Stonewall lol
Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

May 30 2015
Star Trek Online was the first MMO I played. I bought the disc at Target, and then had to wait for months before I could do anything, because I didn't have internet at the time--I thought I could do *something* with the disc without internet, design a character or something, but no.

I finally got in game early in Season 2, but even then, I searched the STO boards for a LGBTQ-friendly fleet before I got in game. I had heard that LGBTQ players get harassed in MMO's, and I wanted to get into an LGBTQ fleet to avert that possibility. Nearly five years later--has it really been that long?--I've been most fortunate to have good comrades to play with and chat with.