My friend's STO Vlog

Unknown Person

My friend's STO Vlog

November 06 2014
Hey Fleetie Darlings!

Please take a moment to check out my friend Theodore's STO video blogs. He's not a Fleetie but he's really good with sci builds. He and his partner release a new STO Vlog every Tuesday. There are other videos but look for the ones labeled "Trek Tuesday." He's got great energy and is pretty knowledgeable though. If you enjoy it, be sure to like, subscribe and share.

This video is a little bit of a rant about T5-U vs. T6 ships and he compares the Vesta to the Dauntless.
(Invalid video video code)
3 people liked this
Edited November 06 2014 by Unknown Person
Ben

Gravity

My friend's STO Vlog

November 06 2014
No argument from me obviously :D

But honestly the dauntless is really not a great ship the scryer out performs it as a science but i would take an upgraded wells/palisade or vesta over any T6 science atm.
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

My friend's STO Vlog

November 06 2014
This was great to see. Very insightful on what he has researched.
Zac

nearfantastica00

My friend's STO Vlog

November 06 2014
Hey, I know TJ from tumblr! Small world. :) He definitely knows his stuff, and is a great guy to talk to.
Unknown Person liked this

Unknown Person

My friend's STO Vlog

November 06 2014
Yeah he's really great with sci builds and builds in general. No offense to Aikune and Milmar (Please don't hurt me!). I've tried recruiting him but he seems happy where he is in some random Fleet that's nowhere near as awesome as ours but c'est la vie. :)

I've yet to take the Scryer for a spin but I agree about the T6 ships. I've got 10+ toons and I'm not going to have all of them in these T6 ships, they just don't fit for some of them. I'm having great fun in the Dauntless but I do find myself missing my T5U Wells.
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

My friend's STO Vlog

November 06 2014
Finaly, I know my 5U Intrepid can run circles around my T6 ship
Tsar Agus

WhiteOnmyoji

My friend's STO Vlog

November 07 2014
There something to be said about Intell Boff powers tho. Override safeties + Beam Overload + Emergency power to Weapons + 3 Shield Penetraing Boff = Insta death. Subnucleonic Wave is an AOE Subnuc let that sink in. And Ionic Turbulence the wobble cloud...nuff said. I think there is a draw to the T-6 ships and there's a draw to the T-5U ships. I think the Guardian's console is most definitely giving the Odyssey a run for the staple Tank role. And the Dauntless is crap.
Mike

Junawanu

My friend's STO Vlog

November 07 2014
I’m not 100% sold on the Guardian vs a 5U Odyssey.

The basics:
The Odyssey 5U has better shields and better hull, while the Guardian does have an edge on maneuverability. You’re still flying a space-whale, so the Odyssey wins here.

BOFFs:

Hard one here. The Odyssey has 12 BOFF abilities, while the Guardian has and extra LT. Comm ability giving it 13 plus the ability to use Intel. That gives the Guardian an initial advantage. However, the Odyssey can assign an Engi to the Lt. Com post, giving it 2x Lt Com Engi abilities, which is a big plus if you are doing a EptS-EptW juggling build. It then boils down to does the console make up for this? Play style would dictate most likely.

Consoles:

The 5U gets 11 slots to the Guardian’s 10, and add in that you are using the Universal in one of the slots, the Guardian is put at a deficit. If a Fleet version with a extra console slot shows up, this would change things.

Starship Trait:

Guardian has one, the Odyssey doesn’t. (Yeah, technically speaking, you could have both ships fully developed and use it on the Odyssey)

My net feeling is that the Guardian is not worth it it you are looking to upgrade from a Oddy 5U, but definitely worth the look if you didn’t have an Odyssey. The starship traits add an interesting aspect to the mix, getting the Guardian and Eclipse traits on an Odyssey could be quite yummy.
Romario

Romario

My friend's STO Vlog

November 07 2014
I wouldn't go all the way to outright say the Guardian isn't worth it, especially if you consider how early it is into the Delta (Up)Rising game. I bought the Delta pack not just for these ships, but because there are fleet versions of these ships just around the corner. It seemed more cost efficient to concentrate on the ship modules rather than buying each ship separately. So for me, it's too early to put a definite scarlet letter on any of the newer ships. I am in love with the Faeht for my Rommie, though. That is a certainty.

All in all however, I am still eyeing ships like the Odyssey in a T-5U version. But then I mostly pve. Keeping this in mind, I absolutely agree with Theodore that this "either/Or" mentality is absurd. It generally is nonsensical and only a seeding ground for arguments that take away from the enjoyment of the game. Everyone is going to like what they like no matter who says what about whom to who.

Unknown Person

My friend's STO Vlog

November 19 2014
Here's the latest installment of Theodore's Trek Tuesday blog in which he goes over different weapons types and what abilities, procs and effects they have.

Unknown Person

My friend's STO Vlog

December 10 2014
My friend, TJ did a rundown of the venerable D'Kyr T-5U Science vessel in one of his latest vlogs, thoughts?

2nd link in case the first one didn't work:

&list=UU5Nin4qSO8Z-PRtlCLTt0CA
Edited December 10 2014 by Unknown Person

Unknown Person

My friend's STO Vlog

January 12 2015
So TJ went and did a review of the Sheshar, I agree that it works best as a beam boat but now, whenever I deploy my Sheshar Assault Craft I shall say: "launch the Butt!" :laugh:

Unknown Person

My friend's STO Vlog

January 14 2015
A good rundown of the upcoming new Doff system

Edited January 14 2015 by Unknown Person
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

My friend's STO Vlog

January 14 2015
Quote by Jacien
He's got great energy

Just saw the last 2, and i have a question, How much coffee does he drink?

He is amusing though and i have subscribed.

Unknown Person

My friend's STO Vlog

January 14 2015
He drinks a lot of coffee, he used to do a coffee shop review every Friday but I think he ran out of new places to visit in the greater Portland area lol.
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

My friend's STO Vlog

January 14 2015
This is a comic strip i have been following for a while, read about Ed; http://edsrus.com/wordpress/?page_id=4

Unknown Person

My friend's STO Vlog

February 13 2015
I've been a bit remiss in posting these lately, enjoy!