Gay Marriage Likely Heading to the Supreme Court

Liam

williamjaneway

September 05 2015
Oh I am not saying being fined would help either, what I am saying is she shouldn't be in the job she is in as she cannot perform her job.

I don't think her views are ever going to be changed so ultimately she just shouldn't have a career where those views impact on others.
Unknown Person liked this
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

September 05 2015
The issue with getting her to either quit or removed from her position as a county clerk is that the government cant do it. She has to quit willingly and/or a person from the Kentucky county official can remove her from office, if i am not mistake?

But i agree with what you said Dex.

Oh I am not saying being fined would help either, what I am saying is she shouldn't be in the job she is in as she cannot perform her job.

I don't think her views are ever going to be changed so ultimately she just shouldn't have a career where those views impact on others.

The problem i just see is that people who are in positions of power whether it be a county clerk, a boss at starbuck or any position where there's a power of authority involved, they just don't get it that they sometimes have to leave their issues, beliefs and/or predisposition of personal judgement at home, at the door when they are involving themselves with communities.

Her defense was a lie on top of a lie, and she knows that but even if she admits the truth, she is going to be looked upon as the person who stopped something due to religious reasons. And those are hard to change when one has grown on principal where their beliefs can be hurtful, whether it be a minority or not.

Religion is very tabooish of topic in my books, hard to talk about especially when involving the developmental side of things from birth to adulthood.

Dax
2 people liked this
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

September 05 2015
She's an elected official, so the only way she can be removed from her position is through a vote on impeachment by the state congress, which in a state like KY that is deeply conservative...that just won't happen.

She's said she won't quit, and she'll sit in jail "for as long as it takes."

There are times for religious debate and everyone has a right to their beliefs. But Kim Davis is an officer of the government, and you just have to cut through the bullshit and say "Hey. You took an oath, and part of that oath is doing your job while following the law. You're doing neither, and you're ignoring a precedent set by the highest fucking court in the land. You can do your job, or you can resign or go to jail."

So for now, jail it is while she stands firm and won't resign.

Just another sadly misguided person that does not want to come out of their little conservative bubble. Sad.
Edited September 05 2015 by Rasilek
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

September 05 2015
Quote by Rasilek
She's an elected official, so the only way she can be removed from her position is through a vote on impeachment by the state congress, which in a state like KY that is deeply conservative...that just won't happen.

She's said she won't quit, and she'll sit in jail "for as long as it takes."

There are times for religious debate and everyone has a right to their beliefs. But Kim Davis is an officer of the government, and you just have to cut through the bullshit and say "Hey. You took an oath, and part of that oath is doing your job while following the law. You're doing neither, and you're ignoring a precedent set by the highest fucking court in the land. You can do your job, or you can resign or go to jail."

So for now, jail it is while she stands firm and won't resign.

Just another sadly misguided person that does not want to come out of their little conservative bubble. Sad.

Exactly... so should we send her a gift basket and stuff for her duration in jail?

Dont everyone put your hand up all at once now..
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

September 05 2015
I'm a sworn police officer... but three years ago, my uncle encouraged me to convert to Buddhism. My religion embodies a philosophy of pacifism, so unfortunately, while I can conduct investigations, I can't arrest or revoke people's freedoms, no matter what atrocities they've committed or how dangerous they are to the public. I have the right to freedom of religion, so instead of admitting that I'm no longer able to fulfill the obligations of my job, I'm just going to continue collecting a paycheque funded by the hard working, tax paying members of the public, if that's okay with you all.

Same rationale. Except this sounds ridiculous. Nobody would support it. Somehow work Christianity into the mix, and I'll have a GoFundMe page and a million bucks of conservative money.

I don't feel anger toward this person, but she's definitely milking this.

2 people liked this

Unknown Person

Re:Gay Marriage Likely Heading to the Supreme Court

September 05 2015
Bah, everyone knows the only valid religion is the dark side of the force! I'm not going to get too worked up about it. As she was in jail William Smith Jr. and James Yates were issued their marriage license. So yay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2 people liked this

Unknown Person

September 09 2015
So, she's out of jail now.. and back to work :unsure:
Edward Lloris

Saintplazma

September 09 2015
Well she'll be back if she doesn't play nice.

Unknown Person

September 09 2015
It was rather a humorous scene, this little rally that Mike Huckabee put on when she got released. I mean here are these right-wing conservative politicians in their nice suits and looking perfectly well-groomed. I guess Kim could be forgiven for looking the way she did, she'd just been released from jail after all but couldn't they have tarted her out a bit before she left the building? And the fact that her 4th husband shows up in freaking overalls and a straw hat... I just can't even :laugh:

Lester

April 10 2023
Chances are good that the supreme court won't even take the issue up because no lower federal courts have upheld other state restrictions in the most recent wave. The judgements reached by the lower courts will remain in effect as a result, but only in the districts where they were decided. Regrettably, that implies a complete, national decision won't be made.

StevenNelson23

May 11 2023
Chances are good that the supreme court won't even take the issue up because no lower federal courts have upheld other state restrictions in the most recent wave. The judgements reached by the lower courts will remain in effect as a result, but only in the districts where they were decided. Regrettably, that implies a complete, national decision won't be made.

Lester

June 19 2023
I don't think her opinions will ever alter, thus she really shouldn't work in a field where they affect other people.