Music?

Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Music?

October 04 2014
"The Ridge", my final music set is now available for download here. Available in lossless m4p as well as High-quality MP3.

Photograph by Reid Wiseman, NASA Astronaut aboard the International Space Station

Well, here it is: The big one-oh that, for now, I am sad to say will be my final podcast.

Unlike the previous posts, I’ve intentionally left the song list off this cover graphic, but I will post it in a separate one over the weekend. For now, I’ll keep it simple and let the anthems and avenues in this set speak for themselves.

This set was inspired mostly by my reflections of time spent hiking in the Cascade Mountain range (shown above from orbit.)

While my partner and I have yet to climb up any of those snow-capped peaks, we have made hard treks up the adjacent tall ridges, only to be rewarded with panoramic views of the peaks and rolling wilderness stretching beyond the horizon in every direction.

Those experiences, and being away from civilization for a time helps put everything in your life in some perspective. Even in dark days of frustration, stress, loss…whatever emptiness that sometimes plagues our lives: In the end there is always hope.

This set celebrates those who reject bitterness and choose to climb on, look on, and stay young at heart.

Love your life and everyone in it. And with that, I shall leave this thread open now to anyone that may want to share music that resonates with them.

All my best, and as always, thanks for listening.
-Steve

EDIT: Official track list with time indices below. Headphones recommended for best experience. ;)

4 people liked this
Edited October 07 2014 by Rasilek
Volkrov (Eurrsk) Ruk

Eurrsk

Music?

October 04 2014
Aww... Last one? ;_; Definitely looking forward to hearing this then once it's done downloading! *huge hugs*

Thank you for all the work you've put into these amazing playlists and sharing your musical passion, Steve! B) Really great tunes! *squeeze*
Unknown Person liked this
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Music?

October 04 2014
Final set. For now.

EDIT: Halloween plans, maybe. :)
Edited October 04 2014 by Rasilek

Unknown Person

Music?

October 04 2014
This is excellent, Steve! Thank you so much for putting this together :)
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Music?

October 20 2014
For those seeking music this Halloween, I invite you to a re-release of "Shiver", my 7th podcast that I first arranged last year. Updated post found here from this same thread.

I feel like it was the only one that I did..well, right. :whistle:

For the tunes! Enjoy.

Steve
Edited October 20 2014 by Rasilek
Heli

Narciso

Music?

October 20 2014
Play that funky music white boy!!! :D
Joseph Leyland

FuriousToast

Music?

October 31 2014
Thanks Steve, I'm downloading to my phone now so I can play it driving home after work.
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Music?

July 06 2015
Hey again, Stonewallers!

It's been awhile..and i never thought i'd add to this age-old thread again. I'm still not sure how often i'll keep making more playlists like those I've shared prior, for even I have resorted to Spotify's sheer wealth of tunes lately to get my fix.

But still, I'm old school. I like my MP3's and lossless FLAC's to arrange into unique sets to share with people. So for this summer (at least for the Northern Hemisphere ;) ) I thought I'd share a set I made last year that provides an hour of chill island and reggae.

You can download "Risa Dub 2410" here: http://tinyurl.com/qy2a7sn

Just random dubs and instrumentals with occasional covers of some classics a la Pink Floyd and Radiohead to name a couple. Can be queued up as background music for parties or for chilling on Risa (as was the inspiration for it.) :)

As for the "Cascade" lists, I have #11 in the works. ;)

In any event, enjoy the summer and the music. See you at Pride this weekend!

Steve
2 people liked this
Edited July 06 2015 by Rasilek
Cal

calx

Music?

July 06 2015
Quote by Rasilek

But still, I'm old school. I like my MP3's and lossless FLAC's

I'm ancient skool - i like my wavs :whistle:
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Music?

July 16 2015
Hello again, friends.

After a hiatus from this little hobby o’mine, I’ve returned to creating playlists again on my normal, irregular basis for your listening pleasure. ;)

So, Cascade #11 can be downloaded here. You’ll see posted the standard MP3 format, and a higher bitrate (HD) M4P for maximum audio quality. The HD file can be played on any mobile or desktop platform using WinAMP, VLC, or iTunes. It is a larger file size, however.

I will post the track list later this week, but in the end I hope the listener may be treated to an epic mix of EDM and Rock, with mellow to sweeping instrumentals in-between that follow some warm-evening provocative downtempo, and bringing it all home with some dubstep to further uplift the summer experience.

Headphones recommended for the full listening experience, but certainly not required.

Thanks, and enjoy the rest of your summer!

All my best,
Steve

EDIT: Track list with Time indices now posted below, click to expand.

2 people liked this
Edited July 22 2015 by Rasilek