Stonewall Recipe Exchange Thread

Tsar Agus

WhiteOnmyoji

The *drunken celebrity slut of the week* Turkey

December 04 2013
So this is my home brew turkey recipe, a change from the usuall traditional stuff and the deep fried stuff. Originally called it the Lindsey Lohan Turkey because of the fact that it's absolutely doused in alcohol and spreads it's legs the moment you show it any attention... but I realized that it could be any drunken celebrity slut...

any way

1 medium to large turkey
1 pack of bacon
oranges, apples, onions, fennel, carrots and celery (chopped up to shove into the bird's cavity)

The liquid
1 medium bottle of Makers Mark
1 medium bottle of PURE maple syrup (The good stuff)
3 cinnamon stick
Cloves, nutmeg and star anise to taste
2 stick of butter
1/2 cup of Brown sugar

The brine
Salt...lots of it when you think you have enough add more
Ginger, pepper to taste
Sugar
1/2 a bottle of red wine

Mix ingredient for the brine in a large container that the turkey will fit in and you can still put water in it. Put the bird in and add ice for a controlled thaw.

Mix ingredient for The Liquid in a large pan and cook until all the alcohol has burned off.

once the turkey is thawed pull out of brine if you're ready to bake (leave in if not) and discard the brine there's no saving it so don't even try just dump it.

Pat the turkey dry and place it in a deep wide pan that will accommodate The Liquid and the fat that will come from the bird. Stuff the fruits and veg and additional ginger (if desired) into the bird cavity. layer the bacon over the turkey breast (Or lattice weave it if you're fancy and want to show off)

Cook the bird until dry, basting it with The Liquid every 30-45 minutes.

The bird will be very moist and tender and it's legs will spread the moment you remove it from the pan.
William

Siafu

Peanut Butter Cake w/ Peanut Butter Frosting (STO - Tallon Zek)

September 08 2014
Don't cheat - if it says 'by hand" then don't grab the mixer, grab the wisk.

Ingredients

For the Frosting:
1 cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
½ cup unsalted butter, softened
3 cups powdered (confectioner's) sugar
up to ½ cup heavy cream (at room temperature)

For the Cake:
1½ cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
⅓ cup coconut or vegetable oil (I use coconut oil)
⅓ cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter
1 cup brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
In a medium bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, add the peanut butter, oil, and brown sugar. Beat by hand until combined and creamy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat just until combined.
Alternately add the flour and buttermilk to the wet mixture, beating just until combined. Be careful not to over-beat or the cake will be dense and dry. A few small lumps of flour is fine.
Grease a 9X3 inch round baking pan (I use Magic Line pans)
Pour the batter into the pan.
Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out moist (not wet with batter but moist. If the toothpick is dry, the cake is over-baked and will be dry).
Let the cake sit in the pan for 5 minutes, then invert the cake onto a wire rack to cool completely.
In the meantime, to make the frosting, place the peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl. Beat by hand until smooth and creamy. Add the powdered sugar one cup at a time, continuing to beat. Add the heavy cream until you reach a spreadable consistency. (Note: This is a fairly stiff frosting)
Cut the cooled cake in half horizontally. Frost the bottom half of the cake and down the sides. Place the top layer of the cake, upside down, on top of the bottom layer. Frost the top layer and down the sides.

KILLER TASTE AND KILLER ON THE WAIST.....HAVE IT FOR YOUR BIRTHDAY! ONCE A YEAR WON'T KILL YA!
3 people liked this
Edited September 08 2014 by Siafu
Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

Fruit Crisp

December 16 2014
Preheat oven to 350F.

In a bowl, blend:
1/3 cup oats (I've used 1-minute oats with no problem)
1/3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed (light or dark, dark will caramelize more)
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon

After your dry ingredients are blended, cut in:
1/3 cup butter

until the mixture is nice and crumbly.

Fill an 8" x 8" baking pan with:
Two 21-oz cans of pie filling (I prefer cherry)

Top fruit with crumb mixture.

Bake for 25 minutes.

Then turn on the broiler and broil for 3 to 4 minutes.

Remove and cool.

Frozenlily

Fruit Crisp

December 16 2014
SWEET AND SOUR MEATBALLS

INGREDIENTS
1 (18 oz.) jar grape jelly
1 (12 oz.) jar chili sauce
1 (2 lb.) bag frozen meatballs

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Pour the grape jelly and chili sauce into a 4 quart (or larger) crock pot. Whisk to combine. Add the frozen meatballs and toss to coat in sauce.

2. Cover with lid and cook on low heat for 3 to 4 hours.

3. Serve warm.
2 people liked this

Unknown Person

Stonewall Recipe Exchange Thread

December 20 2016
Happy Holidays, Fleetie Darlings.

I thought I'd bump this thread so we can share some of our favorite Holiday recipes. I'm looking for a really bomb stuffing recipe, currently. Feel free to post pics of your dishes and any fancy cocktails you've mixed up with the hashtag #holidayrecipes
Unknown Person liked this
Edited December 21 2016 by nicholasjohn16