St. Nick Presents St. Nick’s SGN Secret Santa!

November 17 2020

As many of our regular members are probably aware, @Voleron usually runs our annual Secret Santa, but this year around he asked for a break. Evidently, he feels “exhausted”, “totally warn out” and “utterly inferior to you, Nick”. He’s currently resting with his friends, the moose, and we wish him a speedy recovery!  So this year will be hosted by yours truly, St. @NicholasJohn16! And as usual, I’m bringing with me my techie (and running a tad late) flair to make running the event a bit easier to run (I’m pretty lazy). We have a whole new section of the site just for Secret Santa!

Without further ado…
Ho, ho, ho!  We here in the Stonewall Gaming Network leadership are thrilled about the upcoming holiday season and that this year is finally coming to an end. So to celebrate and have some comradery, for the fourth time, we've decided to organize a community-wide #SecretSanta event! If the joy of giving is filling your heart this season (or need an excuse for more retail therapy), then consider signing up for this event, where you'll both give and receive a special gift!

A little fine print:
  • To participate, you must be a Member in good standing as of November 16th to qualify for this event.
  • You must sign up by November 30th to participate.
  • Gifts must be shipped by December 1st.
  • For more information and FAQ, please check out Learn More.
5 people liked this
Edited November 18 2020 by nicholasjohn16
Thoron #8824

ThoronDarekMoogie

November 18 2020
Hi Santa!
Is there a way for (continental) european Members to join?
The select a country menu allows only UK.
Greetings

November 18 2020
Hi Santa!
Is there a way for (continental) european Members to join?
The select a country menu allows only UK.
Greetings

Hi There! We generally try to pair participants from the same country together. The country options were based on previous years participants. I'd be happy to add your country as an option if you reply below. Hopefully, this year we'll have more applicants and I can pair you with someone else in the Europe. If we don't have any other applicants from your country, would you prefer to be paired with someone in the UK?
Thoron #8824

ThoronDarekMoogie

November 22 2020
Hi Nick 
Thanks, I would love to try it, maybe we can establish it in Europe/Germany too.
Furthermore, yeah if there are no other German or European members joining in, I am fine to be paired wit a UK member. Tariffs and Postage have not yet gone up, Brexit transition period is still not over ;-)
nicholasjohn16 liked this

November 25 2020
Quote by ThoronDarekMoogie
Hi Nick 
Thanks, I would love to try it, maybe we can establish it in Europe/Germany too.
Furthermore, yeah if there are no other German or European members joining in, I am fine to be paired wit a UK member. Tariffs and Postage have not yet gone up, Brexit transition period is still not over ;-)

I've added Germany as an option so feel free to sign up!
Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

December 02 2020
Ok, I got set up with someone who in a different country than I am. It is just USA and Canada so I don't really have a problem with that. I want to get them something from the steam store and it doesn't allow you to send Steam Gift cards to another country using another currency. How secret is this supposed to be? Can I contact the person and get their steam details? I might get them something else but I wanted to be sure before I contacted them. 
Thanks in advance, T

December 02 2020
Quote by nycblkboy
Ok, I got set up with someone who in a different country than I am. It is just USA and Canada so I don't really have a problem with that. I want to get them something from the steam store and it doesn't allow you to send Steam Gift cards to another country using another currency. How secret is this supposed to be? Can I contact the person and get their steam details? I might get them something else but I wanted to be sure before I contacted them. 
Thanks in advance, T

If you need to contact them, feel free. There's no requirement on keeping it totally secret. I've purchased games for people in Canada before so that shouldn't be an issue if you buy the game directly.
Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

December 02 2020
Quote by nicholasjohn16
Quote by nycblkboy
Thanks in advance, T

If you need to contact them, feel free. There's no requirement on keeping it totally secret. I've purchased games for people in Canada before so that shouldn't be an issue if you buy the game directly.

Nut steam is telling me we have to be steam friends. I think they are trying to cut down on fake gift cards. So the safest way, especially for someone in another country, is to buy them the game or gift card and send it directly to their steam account. Like I said I might get something else I just wanted to make sure contacting them directkly was alright. 
GeoM68

GeoM68

December 02 2020
I've sent my party their gift I only just got the tracking number where do I add that?

December 02 2020
Quote by GeoM68
I've sent my party their gift I only just got the tracking number where do I add that?

You can click the "Gift Sent" button on the Secret Santa page to edit the package information.
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

December 09 2020

My Secret Santa gifts arrived today! They are truly epic, thank you so much, Santa! No matter what happens to me now in the universe, I'll have the advice of Kirk to get me out of trouble and a communicator to beam me back to the Enterprise.

7 people liked this
Edited December 09 2020 by Chipz416
Peter Surname

Peetah

December 13 2020
https://www.stonewallgaming.net/photos/166099

Thank you to my Secret Santa for two gifts, a lovely Star Trek Captains Log journal and a Star Wars Baby Yoda Cup! :)

Very kind of you, Secret Santa xxxx Hope you have a Very Merry Christmas and a Wonderfully Happy New Year!
4 people liked this
Edited December 13 2020 by Peetah
Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

December 13 2020
I got this a few days ago. Took me some time to take pics
Thanks, Secret Santa. It is a gift I love but wouldn't have bought myself :) 

5 people liked this
Edited December 13 2020 by nycblkboy

December 17 2020
I received my Secret Santa parcel today from an extremely generous Santa!

I'm not sure I can thank them enough!

5 people liked this
GeoM68

GeoM68

December 19 2020
I received my gift from Santa LOVE IT (the cover) THANK YOU
3 people liked this
Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

January 02 2021
Is that it? Was participation really low this year? 
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

January 05 2021
I just got mine today - thanks, Secret Santa!

Quote by nycblkboy
Is that it? Was participation really low this year? 

Same as previous years - I think Santa’s mail carriers were just a little slow this year.  Also, people have been posting their pictures in Discord and may have forgotten to post here too.

Edited January 05 2021 by Voleron
Coby Haas

Ysarndrax

January 05 2021
I received my gift before Christmas, and did post in Discord, it slipped my mind to post back here again.

It is a crazy fun card game that would give Agents Dulmur and Lucsly of the DTI soooo many headaches.
Thanks again Secret Santa!

2 people liked this
Edited January 05 2021 by Ysarndrax
Thurman @jestbess#5421

nycblkboy

November 20 2021
When does this start this year?