CITY OF HEROES IS BACK

GeoM68

GeoM68

CITY OF HEROES IS BACK

April 21 2019
here's what to do to install and register I'm @GeoM68 
Stonewall Champions of Paragon has been created as well as Pride Channel 

https://www.reddit.com/r/Cityofheroes/comments/bf462j/a_guide_for_preparing_to_join_the_public_server/

From the dev team

Hi everyone
This weekend has been insane for us server admins.
First, I want to start with a couple numbers:
1. Nearly 14,000 Registered Forum Users
2. Over 2800 Online players at once

We never anticipated the number of people who wanted to get in and play City of Heroes.
Along the way you have broken our first cluster -- then, even after we migrated to a new cluster, that broke too. Around 20 Server upgrades occurred during these last couple of days. It has all been worth it after seeing how excited everyone is to play the game.

Over this week we will let the server run uninterrupted, unless it crashes.

We are planning to switch to a non-test server on Saturday 4/27.
During the coming week we will see if we need to add additional shards to combat load.
Right now, we don’t believe we will, but we'll see.

Also, we are talking about characters, and whether or not to wipe them after the test.
We will involve the community and listen closely to find the best solution.

Thank you all for sticking around,
- Server Admins

everyone **Good morning, everyone!**
Big news, and I do mean big. We've kept things a bit quiet, so I figured springing a bit of a surprise might be a treat for you!
A temporary server has been spun up for the community to play on while a more permanent solution is worked on. (Your accounts from this weekend **HAVE BEEN WIPED**. YOU WILL BE STARTING COMPLETELY OVER.)
Forum account creation: Note: If you get a database error, refresh the page. Try to make the same account again. If you get an error an account exists, just log in using the LOGIN button on the nav bar. (DO NOT USE THE SMALL FORM AT THE TOP.)
Game account creation: (After logging in to the forum. EVERYONE MUST DO THIS)
The game should patch/run normally if you restart Tequila. This server is exactly the same configuration as the one we all experienced and enjoyed over the weekend. We are not the GM's of that server, ours is coming later.
This would have not been possible without the help of Leandro! Huge thanks to him, and his efforts to assist in getting this server up and running. Again, our coders are hard at working with the i24 data and source, so this is not their work. This is the i25 that someone else has gone ahead and hosted.
Please keep in mind that this server is meant as a temporary solution. It is likely that your characters may end up being wiped at the end of this, so save your costumes!
We sincerely hope you have a blast, so get out there and save Paragon City, heroes!
And villains, you give the heroes something to do.
P.S. - We all remember the hug-of-death we gave the server last time, so please bear with us in the event of technical issues! Further announcements will follow in the event of such situations.
tl;dr: Game is back up. Make new accounts. Use the links provided. We the coders, and server team are not responsible for this one.
2 people liked this
Edited April 24 2019 by GeoM68
GeoM68

GeoM68

CITY OF HEROES IS BACK

April 24 2019
everyone **Good morning, everyone!**

Big news, and I do mean big. We've kept things a bit quiet, so I figured springing a bit of a surprise might be a treat for you!

A temporary server has been spun up for the community to play on while a more permanent solution is worked on. (Your accounts from this weekend **HAVE BEEN WIPED**. YOU WILL BE STARTING COMPLETELY OVER.)

Forum account creation: Note: If you get a database error, refresh the page. Try to make the same account again. If you get an error an account exists, just log in using the LOGIN button on the nav bar. (DO NOT USE THE SMALL FORM AT THE TOP.)

Game account creation: (After logging in to the forum. EVERYONE MUST DO THIS)

The game should patch/run normally if you restart Tequila. This server is exactly the same configuration as the one we all experienced and enjoyed over the weekend. We are not the GM's of that server, ours is coming later.

This would have not been possible without the help of Leandro! Huge thanks to him, and his efforts to assist in getting this server up and running. Again, our coders are hard at working with the i24 data and source, so this is not their work. This is the i25 that someone else has gone ahead and hosted.

Please keep in mind that this server is meant as a temporary solution. It is likely that your characters may end up being wiped at the end of this, so save your costumes!

We sincerely hope you have a blast, so get out there and save Paragon City, heroes!
And villains, you give the heroes something to do.

P.S. - We all remember the hug-of-death we gave the server last time, so please bear with us in the event of technical issues! Further announcements will follow in the event of such situations.

tl;dr: Game is back up. Make new accounts. Use the links provided. We the coders, and server team are not responsible for this one.