Stonewall Screenshot Challenge

Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

April 09 2019

Greetings Stonewall!

Slowly but surely the frosty touch of winter is dissipating from the Northern hemisphere. The warmth of the sun is again touching our faces, and this can only mean one thing: it is spring once more! This makes for a perfect opportunity to board your starships and traverse our Milky Way Galaxy in the sweet company of your fellow Fleeties in search of that perfect photograph. Whether you’re swooning to get a superb screenshot with Sela, or posing for the perfect picture with a Pakled, your Department of Fleet Morale is here to challenge your skills at making screenshots!

As a part of #SGNSpring, you can participate in the Stonewall Screenshot Challenge to win lots of Stonewall Credits and other amazing prizes. But most importantly, you will have a chance to spend precious, memorable time and a good laugh with your fellow Fleeties in order to get that perfect picture. The event will start on Friday 19 April 2019 at 11:00 UTC1) when a list of challenges will be posted behind the link below:

The Complete List for the Stonewall Screenshot Challenge

There will be sixty (!) challenges divided into three difficulty levels. Thirty of the challenges will be labelled as easy, meaning that a single participant can perform one challenge within several minutes. The fifteen challenges with a medium difficulty can sometimes be performed by a single participant, requiring a little more effort, but other times a medium challenge requires a bit of coordination between you and another Fleetie. Now, for those who truly seek to be put to the test… there are also fifteen difficult challenges, which will need a lot of preparation and coordination between you and multiple other Fleet members!

The points awarded for completing each challenge will be scaled with the difficulty level of the challenge, and the goal is to earn as much points as you can before the deadline of Sunday 5 May 2019 at 18:00 UTC (check the deadline for your timezone here) The Fleet Morale Department is not expecting that any of the participants will be able to finish all the challenges, but it would make for an awesome surprise if you could indeed pull of that amount of cooperative fun!

We’ll be awarding the following prizes for the contest winner and the first four runners up:

1st place – 6 Stonewall Credits
2nd place – 5 Stonewall Credits
3rd place – 4 Stonewall Credits
4th place – 3 Stonewall Credits
5th place – 2 Stonewall Credits

Stonewall Credits can be redeemed for in and out of game merchandise by visiting the Stonewall Credit Store!

Moreover, some of the challenges will not only require a screenshot, but will also challenge your creative side. The most creative entries of these tasks will be rewarded with very shiny extra prizes such as Lock Box Master Keys, or even a Ferengi D’Kora Marauder!

Even if you were unable to win any of the above prizes, you will still be rewarded for your effort though! Every non-winning participant will be given a special Duty Officer Requisition Pack as a thank you for your participation!

You can participate in the event by performing as many challenges as you can from the list before Sunday 5 May 2019 at 18:00 UTC (check the deadline in your timezone here). You should make a screenshot of each challenge you performed and name the file in the following manner:

[Challenge number]_[your handle].jpg

For example, Chipz416 makes a screenshot for Challenge 34. He locates the file and renames it to: 34_Chipz416.jpg.

Save and bundle all the images you made so that you can submit them all in one go before the deadline of the event. When you’ve finished making all the screenshots you could, upload them all to https://wetransfer.com/ for delivery to SGNMoraleDept@gmail.com. Remember… submissions should be in the mailbox of the Department of Fleet Morale before Sunday 5 May 2019 at 18:00 UTC! (check the deadline in your timezone here)

You don’t have to do all the screenshots with just one character! In fact, some of the challenges can only be performed by KDF Warriors, Starfleet Captains, or members of the Romulan Republic.

In general you are not allowed to photoshop the screenshots except for a few exceptions. You are allowed to crop, rotate, resize, and/or mirror the image. You are also allowed to add little bits of text to the image… in fact some challenges will even need you to add text in order to qualify for bonus points or additional prizes! It is also allowed to make use of features such as /renderscale, and /setregionfov.

Making screenshots can either be done by pressing the [PrtScr]-button on your keyboard, by using Demorecord2), or by entering either of two in-game commands in the in-game chat window:

/screenshot_jpg – This will save a JPEG-file in your default screenshot folder without displaying the game's user interface.
/screenshot_ui_jpg – This will save a JPEG-file in your default screenshot folder while displaying the game’s user interface.

Screenshots in STO are by default stored in the following folder:
\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

For example for me they are installed in the folder:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots

If you use the [PrtScr]-button on your keyboard, the screenshot without the user interface is also stored in the above folder. If you would like to show the user interface as well when using [PrtScr] you can just paste the image made by the [PrtScr]-button to your favourite image editor like Paint, Photoshop, or whatever suits your fancy!

If you need any technical assistance in making the screenshots, or if you have any other event-related questions, don’t hesitate and ask your nearest friendly neighbourhood Fleet Morale Department Member; Balduranne, Caijamin, Chipz416, or SaintPlazma! We will be more than happy to help you out!

1)11:00 UTC is the same as:
4:00 AM PDT (Los Angeles)
7:00 AM EDT (New York)
12:00 BST (London)
13:00 CEST (Amsterdam)

2)VietHai has produced a very helpful tutorial for those of you who would like to learn about Demorecord: 
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n1EipfT7_ZC3xTp77OfcwttQY854-q_bxJYlGqzkUL0/edit
10 people liked this
Edited May 04 2019 by Chipz416
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

April 09 2019
This has me excited! love using Demorecord!

I added to the calender when it starts so you can see the challenges and also reminders for the deadline!

https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=ZXV2MTljMTVnbDV0NDFxbnY1NHRqMnVjcWdAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

Should be a link to the stonewall google calender, if you use another calender and want the reminders, just give me a shout and i can give you the calender file :)

(I mean you dont have to use it but kiki himself is forgetful too!)
5 people liked this
Edited April 09 2019 by Kierix
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

April 09 2019
Quote by Kierix
This has me excited! love using Demorecord!

I added to the calender when it starts so you can see the challenges and also reminders for the deadline!

https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=ZXV2MTljMTVnbDV0NDFxbnY1NHRqMnVjcWdAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

Should be a link to the stonewall google calender, if you use another calender and want the reminders, just give me a shout and i can give you the calender file :)

(I mean you dont have to use it but kiki himself is forgetful too!)

Tnx for adding it to the Calendar, you're the best! 😊
2 people liked this

April 10 2019
for a minute I thought it said Demore Cord, LOL.
Oddly my mind decided it was called Demicord.

I hope some of the shots I took will qualify.
Unknown Person liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

April 10 2019
Hi Sqweloookle!

Lol, I don't even know what a Demore Cord is. :P Anyway... Let's find out how amazing your screenshot skills are from *drum rolls* Friday the 19th!
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

April 19 2019
In just a few short moments, the complete list of Challenges will be posted in the first post here. I hope you all nicely combed your hair, brushed your teeth shining white, and got your whiskers and talons clipped, because it's time to pose for selfies and screenshots all across the Galaxy!

Before you start though, a few last minute notices and friendly reminders:

- Some of these challenges require quite some coordination and planning between several contestants. Feel free to discuss and plan your activities here in the forum, on Discord, or in-game chat. If you're not already on Discord, here's how you can join: How to join discord. It is absolutely not mandatory, but it makes planning easier, and it's a lot of fun to hang out there in both text and voice chat! :)

- The deadline for sumbitting your bundled screenshots is Sunday 5 May 2019 at 18:00 UTC. Submissions can be sent via https://wetransfer.com/ to SGNMoraleDept@gmail.com.

- Any questions you have can be directed to one of the Members of the Fleet Morale Department; Balduranne, Caijamin, SaintPlazma, or Chipz416.

- Most important of all, remember to have tons and tons of FUN with all your wonderful fellow Fleeties!

Happy hunting!
2 people liked this
Ted Hembach

TLara

April 19 2019
Wow, what a list of challenges! That will be fun!

For all of you who wanna know how renderscale and fieldofview works and how to use them, I searched my old tutorial about screenshots in STO:

how-to-make-a-screenshot

Hope that helps! Have fun and good luck!
3 people liked this
Viridian Green

viridian74

April 20 2019
Brilliant ideas for challenges! Thank you so much for coming up with this =)

April 22 2019
Do we put the shots here?
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

April 22 2019
Feel free to post your most awesome shots that you wish to share and show off here!

But the submissions need to be sent in one single batch of all your bundled picture files on or before the deadline of Sunday 5 May 2019 at 18:00 UTC via https://wetransfer.com/ to SGNMoraleDept@gmail.com.
Edited April 22 2019 by Chipz416
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

April 22 2019
Here's one of mine... swimming in shapeshifter goo is really quite relaxing. Massages all your tender muscles!

6 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

April 22 2019
Haha OMG, I'm not sure if I find it disgusting or... Ehm... Not disgusting? Regardless, it is pretty awesome!

April 22 2019
that's really goosome lol
2 people liked this
Patrick Aka Trick

trick

April 23 2019
Randomly caught this photobomb in Quark's after a little dance party there this morning. It's not one of my entries, but Cal is so freakin' adorable in it that I can't keep it to myself.
7 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

April 23 2019
Right? Now I'm also in love with Cal's avatar!
2 people liked this
Edited April 23 2019 by Chipz416
Brian Klotz

DrTheopolis

April 27 2019
Can this count?

2 people liked this
Kevin Van Eeten

Chipz416

April 27 2019
The poetic skills here continue to amaze,
As yet again words set my heart ablaze,
My answer to your question shall thus be this,
Qualifiable as a reply poem it surely is

April 28 2019
Hey fleethearts!

Let's try to organize the Enterprises picture (challenge 54). We already have:

NX-class
Constitution
Constitution refit
Excelsior - Kierix?
Ambassador - Hippiepunk
Galaxy
Souvereign - TedHembach
Odyssey
Kelvin - IMTrick
J-class - Gareth

If you have one of those needed, please let us know. We can switch if you only have one of those we already have, as Kierix, Trick and Ted have a lot of other ships. Let's do thiiiiiis!
3 people liked this
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

April 28 2019
I have a T1 NX and T1 Constitution, and also the Galaxy and Odyssey. So I can join in with any of those four.
Ted Hembach

TLara

April 28 2019
We did it! Thank you all! Best Fleet ever!
4 people liked this