STONEWALLWATCH WEEKEND - Overwatch free team up!

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 20 2018

DISCORD MEET UP
24th - 2th AUG 2018

This weekend see's Overwatch the incredibly popular team game giving us a Free to play weekend.
Its free to download from Thurs 23rd, its a few GBs so there will be plenty of time to download it in time for the weekend.

Go here to download (on the 23rd): https://playoverwatch.com

We talk in our SGN discord all the time about teaming up in games outside of our usial STO, GW2 and SWTOR.. and thought it would be fun to team up and play Overwatch as a community.

For anyone who wouldnt think its a fun game.. it is.. it is a first person shooter.. but you have a HUGE choice of who you can play by choosing any hero you like... 
Its not to serious, you have fun, you wont have to worry about other players, you don't need incredible FPS responses.

In fact this game gives you choices of who you want to play...

you have a vast selection of Heros to pick who you want to take into battle.. and with them they bring there special abilitys.. each unique and really helps build a great team.
A tank..
A healer..
A Sniper
A pew pew magician
So so many to choose from!

As I said, it wont be serious.. it will just be for fun with friends here, I die an awful lot.. so im not the best.

Once you download.. jump into the "Practice Range" before you play with anyone.. and choose the different heros to practice with, and see what there unique abilitys do, this should give you an idea of who you think will be the best hero for you to play.

----------------------------------

DETAILS

hang around SGN Discord during the weekend,(Fri 24th - 27th) and look out for shout outs in teaming up in overwatch.

there are no fixed times, just whoevers about at the time and fancies a play.

Myself, @gravity and @kierix will be calling out mostly for team ups..
but if you have the game.. feel free to call out on discord too!

Dont worry if you think you wont be any good, Overwatch is all about doing what you can, plus it will be funny!

-----------------------------------

===============

ABOUT THE GAME:

YOU CAN BE THE FIRST PERSON SHOOTER:

Run right into battle destroying everything that gets within your line of sight

YOU CAN BE THE GUARD SUPPORT:

Dont like to be in the thick of it? we will always need someone to guard the base, you could choose a hero that can build a turret, or a hero that hides in the balcony with her sniper rifle taking down enemy's one by one from a distance

YOU CAN PROTECT OTHER TEAM MATES:

YOU can be a tank that will throw up a huge shield so your team mates can gather up behind you and pick off your enemy's from safety.. or barge into enemy spaces and cause confusion to break up there team

YOU CAN BE THE LIFE SAVER THAT EVERYONE NEEDS:

run along with another hero and boost his powers.. or run around to different team mates healing them with your healing beams so they are constantly in top health despite getting shot at, or create gateways to jump the just spawned team mates back into action without running all the way back.

This game you can play as any hero, after you play for a while and try out all the various hero options, and see what they can bring to a team.. and you will go into any match with confidence and you will begin to get player of the game quite a lot.

Anyone who shys away from FPS, sadly tarnised by the COD venomous playerbase... this is the game for you to see how much fun it actually can be.

here are a couple of videos that show what you can do in the game as a team..

and a little guide about Roles you can play..

===

With all this said..  this weekend.. overwatch is free!! 

This is the perfect time to try something new.. among this safe community,.. get to know people, have fun.. who knows.. you may even want to buy overwatch after the trial weekend... btw.. its on sale!!!

5 people liked this
Edited August 20 2018 by GXV3
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

August 20 2018
I'll be joining for the free #Overwatch weekend, although I'm admittedly awful at the game.  If I'm the downfall of the whole #StonewallWatch team, you can't say that you haven't been warned.

4 people liked this

Unknown Person

August 21 2018
I'm terrible at PVP, but then I've been playing some of these characters already on Heroes of the Storm, so maybe i'll give it a go.
3 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 23 2018
Dont forget you can Start your free download of Overwatch today (Thurs) 23rd.
Here are the times in your zone when it becomes free to Download.

Step 1: Download and install the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app, if you haven't already, and launch it.
Step 2: Create a free Blizzard account, or log in with an existing account. 
Step 3: Click the Overwatch icon, located on the left-hand side of the Blizzard desktop app.
Step 4: Select your region from the drop-down menu, then click "Install" to begin the installation process.
Step 5: Once installed, click "Play" to begin!

The Overwatch Free Weekend client will be available for download from August 23–27.

Remember if your new to the game.. head on your own to the "practice range" first.. and experiment with all the different heros to see what they can do and decide who you like playing.

David

Keioel

August 25 2018
This is a great idea!!  The game's a blast and even losing can be fun with the right attitude.
Unknown Person liked this

Unknown Person

August 25 2018
Well I downloaded the game and tried the tutorial, the graphics are great and it looks like it could be fun but this is simply not for me. I have always failed at FPS games, mainly because my bad left hand cannot coordinate WASD movement. Games where a right-handed mouse controls movement are fine, but if I have to move the avatar with my left hand it just won't work. Le sigh. :(
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

August 26 2018
I had an amazing time with this weekend's #StonewallWatch crew, including: @GXV3, @calx, @Traull, @Kierix, @Jacien, @Gravity, @Mstfrancis, @MoonBeamSpectrum and more!  Here are some of my #Overwatch moments from the weekend:

FFA Player of the Game Clip with McCree

Cal and I hanging out in future London!

3 people liked this
Edited August 26 2018 by Voleron
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 27 2018
Thank you to the people who came and teamed up this weekend!!
Thought it a nice change to get together for a different game to play something new together!

If any one of you have any other game/team up ideas we would love to know about them!..

2 people liked this
Edited August 27 2018 by GXV3
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

August 28 2018
Awwwe, you guys went to BlizzardWorld and didn't invite me!  I've wanted to ride the Protoss coaster for a long time now!

2 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 28 2018

I forgot to add.. for thoughs who did enjoy the trial .. the game is now 50% off, until 3rd Sept!
and this week see's a new D.va challenge! Nano Cola.
Much like the Arcade (3 wins bags you a loot box) .. win 6 games and you win a D.va Cola skin

also here are all the animated shorts cal and moonbeam were asking for. all shorts/background storys all in one video.

4 people liked this
Edited August 28 2018 by GXV3
Leon Keogh Hendricken

MoonBeamSpectrum

August 30 2018
YAY!!! I am going to watch the shorts when I get back from town :D Cheers m'dear
2 people liked this
Cal

calx

September 17 2018
I LOVE THAT HAMSTER!!!!!

Hehe, thanks for the fun guys. 

Here's an idea for you - Pokewatch!!
[url=

2 people liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

September 26 2018
Super proud moment for the V-Man!

2 people liked this
Edited September 26 2018 by Voleron
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

September 26 2018
oooooo congrats, and you were playing among some high star level players too! Ive still yet to get 1st on that match

2 people liked this
Edited September 26 2018 by GXV3
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

November 03 2018
New Hero is introduced!! yay

Boop 

2 people liked this
Edited November 03 2018 by GXV3
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

November 03 2018
[url=

Bob!

3 people liked this
Ben

Gravity

November 03 2018
I am all for Bob
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

November 03 2018
but who was the robot lady in the egg? is she a future hero?

Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

November 04 2018
I think she's the Overwatch AI that Winston interacts with in his video short: "Recall"

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

November 04 2018
apparently shes one of the 6 new heros coming..