[EVENT] Walk To Mordor Challenge

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 28 2018

Today is #MordorResults day, Having taken part in this Challenge for a full week, Congratulations!!

You all have done a fantastic job.

If you have gone the extra mile in your walking routine due to this challenge you should feel extra proud.. and healthy!

At the start of this challenge I was debating if over 70k steps was a bit to much, due to peoples lifestyles.. stuck in work all week, Hot weather, life comitment all getting in the way etc.. and i was thinking of lowering it, but you proved me wrong.

Looking at the feedback rom some of you like Georgiadawg and Voleron, you enjoyed the challenge.

So feel free to write any feedback about this event down below and if you enjoyed it maybe we can do another one soon?

--------------

A few facts about this event

you have all done a culmative Step total of 1,247,828 Steps

(one million two hundred forty-seven thousand eight hundred twenty-eight Steps)

That is 590 Miles / 949 km

- You've walked up and down the Las Vegas Strip 150 times

- you Have walked the Grand Canyon Twice nearly twice

- You have walked from Toronto (canada) to Chicago (USA)

- You have walked in circles around the Indianapolis Motor Speedway 250 times

---------------

As ive said in previous posts.. this was a Challenge, not a race.. so below in no paticular order are your steps results for the week.

Congrats to the people who made it to the Bonus Challenge!

(to the challenge completers who sent extra days steps in, ive not listed them on these results)

Well done to all above.

---------------------

-----------------

All of you who have won Stonewall Credits to spend HERE in the #SWCstore

your SWC members cards will be updated within a few hours of this post.
(if you have forgotten your members card link, PM me)

Thanks for taking time out to take on this challenge!

CHALLENGE COMPLETE!!

5 people liked this
Edited May 28 2018 by GXV3
Ben

Gravity

May 28 2018
Thank you for all the effort Gareth it was a fun event and i enjoyed reading the entries people made of their journey.
2 people liked this
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

May 28 2018
The character system really made it fun, thanks g and all my friends here (that's all of you) participating 
Unknown Person liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

May 28 2018
Quote by Gravity
Thank you for all the effort Gareth it was a fun event and i enjoyed reading the entries people made of their journey.

Thank you for sending me your steps for sunday (your "dancing steps" from when you went out for your birthday, as you told me) although you already completed the challenge.. you must be a good dancer! and happy Birthday

Edited May 28 2018 by GXV3
Ben

Gravity

May 28 2018
I woke up on Monday with 7500 steps already so it was a good night
Georgiadawg83

georgiadawg83

May 28 2018
Thanks so much for organizing this challenge--I had fun and it was a great way to jump-start my new treadmill!
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

May 28 2018
Thanks, Gareth for an awesome event!  We know it was a lot of effort to put this together and to update the map and everyone’s totals daily.  

Really motivated me to stay active during a paperwork heavy week.  I loved how this wasn’t just a steps challenge, but how we got to pick our characters and use our steps to imagine that we were doing something fun and geeky that we can all relate to!  Was great - you’ll have to do something like this again! 

Ted Hembach

TLara

May 29 2018
ThanQ Grand Master Garethius for a really great challenge, the lot of work you've done and the great designs and the map! It was fun to participate, and I enjoyed this very much. Your challenge helped me to kick-start my long planned daily training routine to conquer my fatigue syndrom, which is my last leftover from my illness. Now I'm on it again, even my weight gain started (only 1 kg more to go to reach my old weight - yeah).

A big ThanQ to all who participated, and for the stories shared. Fun to read, and made the challenge-days much more amusing. Very cool, we should do this again.

2 people liked this
Edited May 29 2018 by TLara

Unknown Person

May 29 2018
Thank you Gareth! The effort you put into this was amazing, I loved the little stories people wrote and descriptions for each day of the journey. This was so much fun - And just what I needed to get out of the house a bit more while I'm finishing up my writing.
2 people liked this
Michael

Mstfrancis

May 29 2018
Thanks Gareth! I very much enjoyed it. My legs hate you for it! 
Carl

Abbycub

June 02 2018
Well dang it. I need to pay attention to this site more! I do over 8km every other day, this would have been fun to join in on.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

June 02 2018
Awww @Abbycub , yea stick around the site more.. there maybe another one coming up!
in the mean time keep checking sociacl media, SGN on Twitter and Facebook and iin the forums, in the "Event" section for more events