Fleet presence on console versions?

Steve Edginton

SteveEdg

August 28 2016
Hi all,

Hope everybody is well?

I'm a returning player (have been floating in and out of the game for years) and have been really excited to see that STO is coming over to consoles fairly soon.

Are there any plans in place to have Stonewall fleets on the console versions, and if so, are many of you thinking about migrating over to the console versions of the game?

Sorry if this has already been covered in another topic, couldn't find one.

Looking forward to getting to know you guys again. See you in game!

Steve
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re:Fleet presence on console versions?

August 29 2016
This had been on my mind since it was announced, some of our leadership (and membership) do not own consoles and we have yet to see the number of people on pc who will make the jump to or also play on the console version of STO. We won't know for now of course, but I look forward to seeing some dicussion on this (I'm curious myself). :)
Ben

Gravity

August 29 2016
Honestly as it stands i am not sure we will have a formal presence there. If only because your account on console is seperate to the PC and you cant transfer any of the items or ships you bought on the PC over. So you are starting completely from fresh. Given the number of years alot of people put into their accounts it would be a tough transition i think, having to rebuy things you own on the PC.
Liam

williamjaneway

August 29 2016
I have a PS4. I will probably download and play it on there to see what it is like in comparison, however, I won't be playing long term, it will just be initial curiosity to see the comparison. I on the whole prefer PC gaming as I like my keyboard and mouse.
Steve Edginton

SteveEdg

Re:Fleet presence on console versions?

August 29 2016
Thanks for the replies guys; interesting to see people's opinions.

For my own part, one of the reasons I don't play is that my PC isn't up to much (I have a Mac and have always really struggled). For this reason, I think I'll be playing a lot more once I can use my XBox One. I'm sure the console release will bring with it a wave of new players so it will be interesting to see how it pans out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

September 01 2016
For those interested, I've created a couple of groups for our console players. Join whichever consoles you have and that'll help get things organized. 

STO for PS4: http://www.stonewallgaming.net/index.php/groups/89008-star-trek-online-ps4

STO for XBox One: http://www.stonewallgaming.net/index.php/groups/89001-star-trek-online-xbox-one
3 people liked this