Camelot Unchained?

Chris Mello

Bonisagus

Camelot Unchained?

March 31 2016
I was just curious has anyone looked at Camelot Unchained and what were your impressions of it?
Tsar Agus

WhiteOnmyoji

Camelot Unchained?

March 31 2016
I'm intrigued
Edited March 31 2016 by WhiteOnmyoji
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Camelot Unchained?

March 31 2016
I backed this project on Kickstarter several years ago, now. It's only in alpha at the moment, but I'm definitely looking forward to playing it casually once it's launched. My first MMO was Dark Age of Camelot, which I loved, and this game is made by several of the same people that were involved in the DAOC project and is kind of in that game's image, so I'm pretty excited!
Unknown Person liked this
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Camelot Unchained?

March 31 2016
This looks pretty interesting.

Unknown Person

Camelot Unchained?

March 31 2016
Like Voleron, I was in love with Dark Age of Camelot back in the day and such have had my eyes on Camelot Unchained for a long time.

I'm hoping it will be my go-to PvP game, especially since WvW in Guild Wars 2 is such a mess, and I can focus exclusively on PvE in other games.

The thing is trying to design a game like DAoC but not have it fight against the modern day player. The value of defence has been long over-looked and it crippled Warhammer Online and Guild Wars 2's WvW.

Keep trading..Why defend a Keep when you can earn more rewards running off and taking the undefended keep that your enemy has vacated to take the keep you just left behind. In DAoC there was a real pride for holding a keep. Some guilds in DAoC held keeps for MONTHS, seems impossible to imagine in 2016.

But here's hoping Camelot Unchained is as good as it's quasi-namesake.
Unknown Person liked this
Tsar Agus

WhiteOnmyoji

Camelot Unchained?

March 31 2016
Are we wanting to petition for Stonewall Presence in the game?

Unknown Person

Camelot Unchained?

March 31 2016
Do we really want to give Nick another opportunity to post that dead cat picture? :p

But yes ..

.. also Star Citizen. :whistle:
Chris Mello

Bonisagus

Camelot Unchained?

March 31 2016
My first MMO was City of Heroes and I've never been big on PvP. However, this game apparently isn't structured the same way as other PvP games, least that's way I got from the Massively pod cast. I also have a fondness for the Tuatha de Danaan from my Scion RPG days. The building elements seem interesting too and the vision for crafting actually made me start to care about all the things I tend to shy away from.
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Camelot Unchained?

April 01 2016
It looks interesting. I vote for a complete takeover, uhh I mean, a Stonewall presence to accommodate those who wish to play it.
Chris Mello

Bonisagus

Camelot Unchained?

April 01 2016
:evil: :lol: