Awesome Idea!

Alexa Boyer

Vraibak

Awesome Idea!

March 14 2016
What if stonewall had a youtube channel? Let me know what you guys think because I would be willing to help out with that? :woohoo:
2 people liked this
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Awesome Idea!

March 14 2016
That sounds like a neat idea!, I would definitely let our Chief of Public Relations know about your idea. http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/profile/capnbranflakes
Unknown Person liked this
Edited March 14 2016 by Zander_Hawk
Tsar Agus

WhiteOnmyoji

Awesome Idea!

March 14 2016
We already do (somewhat) here's all the archived livestreams we've done

https://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteOnmyoji/videos
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Awesome Idea!

March 14 2016
If you want to see the streams of the weekly levelling events, look in the second post of this topic: http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/forums/briefing-room/75070-weekly-event-weekly-teamed-levelling-event

Or the links in my signature.
Robert

Elquin

Awesome Idea!

March 14 2016
I have a channel up for the Guild Wars 2 chapter of Stonewall. I'm not as active as I would like to be with it due to a break in activity until new GW2 content is released. I think it is a great idea to get more videos out there and some kind of collaboration within the different games would be nice. I wouldn't know how to share videos with others, outside of youtube, because I know that each file I work with is at the smallest about 700mb. If I could get videos submitted by other GW2 players to include on our channel, that would be fun... something to think about / look into.

Stonewall Vanguard - Guild Wars 2 - Youtube
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

Re:Awesome Idea!

March 14 2016
So as you can see, we have various people involved in a variety of youtube channel videos -is this along the lines of what you had in mind? :)
Alexa Boyer

Vraibak

Awesome Idea!

March 15 2016
Sorry for late reply guys I just got home. And yes Zander_Hawlk I have what I need. However I will have to postpone my project until the start of June as that is when i will graduate. However if i could keep in touch with you guys that would be great? Just send me a message or talk to me on teamspeak. My name on teamspeak is Vraibak (Just call me Bryon though).

By the way sorry about my spelling or grammar I was in a rush. B)
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Awesome Idea!

March 15 2016
I don't know if setting up one Youtube channel for the whole of Stonewall is such a good idea. My vids for example, get uploaded to my youtube directly from Twitch, so I personally don't have anything on my pc to send to someone else. Linking the fleet Youtube-account to my Twitch is not a great idea either, because not all my vids is Stonewall-stuff. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't possible to link more than one Twitch account to one Youtube account.
It is a nice idea though. Maybe it would be more usefull to make a list of Youtube accounts that regularly upload fleet & other Stonewall-stuff?
A.J.

xochild

Awesome Idea!

March 15 2016
I think it would be a good idea to have dedicated Stonewall channel, even if it's not uploading videos every day or week, I think it would be good to have all Stonewall-related videos in one place.
Robert

Elquin

Awesome Idea!

March 15 2016
Running the Guild Wars youtube channel, I know it takes a lot of work to produce the videos. It might be easier if you were to take videos from Twitch, but I never got into streaming and don't plan on it. The type of content I put out for the guild is usually more informative and took days/weeks to put together. I'm just not sure how viable it would be to have one Stonewall Channel. Maybe for periodic videos/announcements/highlights.

I think Lars has the right idea about keeping an updated list of youtubers who feature guild related content on their channels.

Awesome Idea!

March 18 2016
We have a youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/stonewallfleet) albet, it's never used. :P
2 people liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Awesome Idea!

March 18 2016
The following tags have no closing tag: quote
We have a youtube channel (
aybe members who have created tutorials, videos and guides might consent to allowing them to be added to the official Stonewall channel, thereby giving it some purpose. Aikune's live streams would be a good addition, and I'd be willing to donate my tutorial videos, if you're willing to add them.
2 people liked this
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Awesome Idea!

March 18 2016
Wouldn't it be possible to make a Stonewall-list instead of a channel? Then everyone can upload their own vids and the admin of the list can then add these vids to the list. It could avoid a lot of work.
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

March 18 2016
It would help our members if everything was centralized. I'm not YouTube savvy -what is the difference between "adding" content to a main channel and creating a list? Both methods seem like a great way to centralize content.
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Awesome Idea!

March 18 2016
Quote by Lars1091
Wouldn't it be possible to make a Stonewall-list instead of a channel? Then everyone can upload their own vids and the admin of the list can then add these vids to the list. It could avoid a lot of work.

Yep, that's essentially what I meant :) Should be easy enough to add already published YouTube vids to the Stonewall channel.

2 people liked this

Awesome Idea!

March 19 2016
I have no problem with us using it communally.

The only reason I created it was to host the original STO trailer when it came out. Cryptic had it on their website and there was no other way to embed it on our homepage, which I wanted to do.

You could set up a playlist and just add the videos to that, but I don't think a lot of the social functions would work that way. Like if anyone subscribed to the channel, you wouldn't get any notifications of new videos being added. Not that I'm against using it thusly, just saying it wouldn't be as effective as uploading the videos directly which we could do too.
3 people liked this
Brian

Dralthcaan

Awesome Idea!

March 19 2016
All this youtube talk got me playing around with After Effects. So here is what I came up with.

This isnt the best quality - was actually my first attempt with AAE

And one for resources.
5 people liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

Awesome Idea!

March 19 2016
Nice!
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

March 19 2016
Quote by NicholasJohn16
I have no problem with us using it communally.

The only reason I created it was to host the original STO trailer when it came out. Cryptic had it on their website and there was no other way to embed it on our homepage, which I wanted to do.

You could set up a playlist and just add the videos to that, but I don't think a lot of the social functions would work that way. Like if anyone subscribed to the channel, you wouldn't get any notifications of new videos being added. Not that I'm against using it thusly, just saying it wouldn't be as effective as uploading the videos directly which we could do too.

That's awesome! So who would be the person to go to for this (visual media officer if you will), where people can coordinate with, to submit links or content? Maybe I can do a Youtube video with me trying to cook one of Nelixs' recipes :D
A.J.

xochild

March 19 2016
Quote by Zander_Hawk
Maybe I can do a Youtube video with me trying to cook one of Nelixs' recipes :D

are you volunteering to make and upload haul, unboxing, and makeup tutorial videos too? ;)

Oh, and a few "what's in my bag" videos as well.

I think whomever does it should probably be familiar and comfortable with YouTube as a platform, as well as have no backlog in their regular duties at Stonewall, like Milmar. Only kidding, I'm not a total arse, just on the weekends :)