[ARMADA NEWS] Stonewall Welcomes New Arrivals

Gareth GXV3

GXV3

February 21 2016

-------------------------
Hello Stonewall Fleet members, and visitors to the Site.
Below is some GREAT news regarding the Stonewall Armada, and some guides for those who are not sure what an Armada can do for you.
----------------------------------

Those eagle eyed Stonewall members who frequent the STO official forums.. and Reddit would have spotted myself and @williamjaneway advertising for fleets to join our Armada... and With much excitement, We are happy to announce that we will be welcoming 5 new fleets into our Armada, each own a great number of new players.. nearing 800 to be exact!

Starfleet Anti-Borg Alliance

The Federation Anti-Borg Alliance

The Expendable Redshirts

The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything

Federation Prime Directive

Below is a mock up of what our Armada will look like (& some of the new fleets details) once we send the invites out an they settle in their new home with us

ALPHA - Stonewall Fleet (491 Members, all holdings complete)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta- DeepSpace Stonewall (399 active alts, all holdings complete)
Gamma- Federation Prime Directive (22 members, lvl 14, Holdings: 1/0/0/1/2) [NEW]
Gamma- Stonewall Vault
Gamma- Network Prime (40 members) T1/T2 bases
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta- Stonewall Legion (Romulan & Alt fleet, 221 Active alts, Holdings 3/3/3/3.4)
Gamma - Command Nimbus (41 members) T1/T2 Bases
Gamma - Special Task Group (36 members) T0/T1 Bases
Gamma - The Nethersphere (150 members) T3 bases
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Beta - Starfleet Anti-Borg Alliance (483 Members, Fleet Level 55, all holdings complete) [NEW]
Gamma - The Federation Anti-Borg Alliance (262 Members, Level 21, Holdings 2/1/0/1/2)[NEW]
Gamma - The Expendable Redshirts (115 members, lvl 34, Holdings: 2/2/2/2/3) [NEW]
Gamma - The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything (144 members, lvl 24, Holdings: 2/1/1/2/2) [NEW]

With these new members joining the Armada.. brings new opportunity's for you in Armada chat to join or create some great PVE/PVP queues, Call out for Featured episode teams.. or even just chat.
But please keep in mind, when using Armada chat, you.. as Stonewall fleet members have agreed to the Stonewall fleet rules regarding chat... and I know you all will still be polite and courteous as you are representing Stonewall.

These new fleets "should" be joining us on Sunday 22nd/Monday 23rd Feb, So please feel free to use the Armada chat to welcome them.

For those still in the dark about what being in an Armada does & how it benifits you.. please keep reading..

-------------------------------
Being Part of an Armada can boost your toon

If your toon is logged into an ALPHA fleet (Main Stonewall Fleet)
you get:

8.00% Skill point bonus
2,00% Dilithium discount

. . . . . .

If your toon is logged into a BETA fleet (Deepspace Stonewall. Stonewall Legion)
you get:

4.00% Skill point bonus
4,00% Dilithium discount

. . . . . .

If your toon is logged into a GAMMA Fleet
you get:

2.00% Skill point bonus
8,00% Dilithium discount

How to chat to your fellow Armada members

its Simples! We have set up Armada chat, alongside our Stonewall channel..
it should already be active, but double check just in case..
"right click" on the chat box tab you use for Stonewall channel
and this will pop up..

Ensure that "Armada" is ticked.. and choose your own colour for the text.. so that you dont get it confused with stonewall channel.

When you want to talk in "Armada chat" in your text box (where you write your text) "right click" on the active channel (the bracketed channel box) and select Armada.. then chit chat away to all our armada friends!

How to contribute to Armada wide projects

It works much like our own fleet projects... which require.. doffs.. dilithium.. fleet marks and other consumables.. it still awards you fleet credits in the exact same way when you contribute to your fleets open projects... except each fleet in the Armada is open to every single member of the Armada.

Its a great way of helping you get more fleet credits.. by just looking around each fleet too see what you have.. and they need.

You can access the Armada fleets projects by clicking on "Your fleet" (under the mini map)
and selecting "Armada" tab

Once in the Armada area, you can click on each fleet.. and it will give you a list of there projects, just click on the drop down menus to see what that fleet project needs.. and donate and receive fleet credits in return!

However.. please please remember, that if the "fleet marks" have already been filled.. there are sooo many other items you can donate, yes it may cost you a few EC.. but think of going of an easy PVE run.. fleet alert for eg.. and grab as many drops as you can find.. sell them.. and use the EC to buy what a fleet project needs.

I have a great many people saying that there is never an opportunity to donate anything... but when i look.. i see that there are loads of items a project is crying out for.. we just have to think of other ways to get the items needed (as described above)

But with as many members as this Armada has.. we are all here to aid one another's projects, so we can grow into a power house of an Armada, and there is a HUGE array of chances to obtain Fleet credits in a big Armada such as ours.

------------------------------------------------

If you have any questions regarding Stonewall Fleet Armada, please jot them down below and we will do our best to answer them, we are aiming to be more active within the Armada.. with PVE call outs, inviting the other fleets to our events etc etc

Ubi concordia, ibi victoria
(Where there is unity, there is the victory)

13 people liked this
Edited February 21 2016 by GXV3
Robert

robin

February 21 2016
That's exciting news. And such big fleets to join!
Unknown Person liked this
Edited February 21 2016 by robin
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

February 21 2016
Welcome to the Armada, new fleets :woohoo:
Also, those are some epic fleet names right there :P
Edited February 21 2016 by Lars_Zandor
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

February 21 2016
Very, very welcome news. Thanks for your work on this... its awesome to finally fill up our armada roster.

Jamie

tuvak

February 21 2016
i took latin in high school and was instantly reminded of it when i saw the inscription on the armada thread. as a joke, some of used to put "semper ubi sub ubi" on stuff which translates to "always wear under wear"... not exactly a direct translation but the words literally translate to that. :-)
Kontxesi

kontxesi

February 21 2016
W00t! I so excited to finally get this set up. As the official envoy from the Pirates/Redshirts/Prime Directive group, I just wanted to say that we are VERY excited to be joining such a large, established group of players.
5 people liked this
Liam

williamjaneway

February 21 2016
We're very pleased to have you here too!

Cal

calx

February 22 2016
yay the circle of life is now complete!

let the games begin! :woohoo:

(Invalid video video code)

Elbert

Ozymandias71

February 22 2016
This is excellent news! Also, thanks much Gareth for explaining in more detail about the different functions of the Armada tab and chat options!

And to our new arrivals, proudly hailing from Stonewall Legion let me just say... *clears throat*

Jolan tru! AEfvadh u'hwiua nnearh awevh'le sa'daehlen!

(Greetings! Be welcome and take your ease among friends!)
Greg Ferguson

GaymerGreg

Armada use of Stonewall TeamSpeak Server?

February 22 2016
Morning all,

Can we invite members of other Armada Fleets to join our Team Speak Server?

That's the question,, nice and simple.

Thank you.

Greg aka Gigo
Liam

williamjaneway

February 22 2016
I have no objection to Armada members utilising teamspeak, it would be good to see some activity on there however, any member using the server will be subject to the same guidelines and rules that fleet members agree to. Failure to adhere to these rules and guidelines will result in appropriate actions taken by the leadership of Stonewall.

I would recommend that members are invited to read the following before joining the server.

Guide to Etiquette on TeamSpeak
Code of Conduct

Stonewall Fleet Captain's and Admirals will address any immediate causes for concern at the time however, individual fleet leaders may be contacted subsequently to be informed of the actions taken by our leadership to determine whether they have in turn caused an infraction into their own fleets CoC (where any may exist).
3 people liked this
Greg Ferguson

GaymerGreg

February 23 2016
Thanks, William.

We will keep it clean'ish'.
Jamie

tuvak

February 23 2016
i was just curious if our teamspeak server has a max capacity or some kind of throttling it does based on a license we have or whatever? while it does go idle most of the time, we do use it quite a bit for fleet events. if there are capacity limitations, it might hinder our ability to do those if we don't expand it or plan around it. thought i'd ask. :-)
Liam

williamjaneway

February 23 2016
Quote by tuvak
i was just curious if our teamspeak server has a max capacity or some kind of throttling it does based on a license we have or whatever? while it does go idle most of the time, we do use it quite a bit for fleet events. if there are capacity limitations, it might hinder our ability to do those if we don't expand it or plan around it. thought i'd ask. :-)

We will address those issues as and when it becomes a concern. As it is for now we have capacity for those that use it :)
2 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

February 23 2016
Ive merged this Teamspeak question into the Armada thread, as it makes sense.

While talking to the fleets who have joined our Armada, one of their questions was "do we use teamspeak much?" .. and of course we said YES...
We are constantly trying to come up with new ways for members to utilize teamspeak as an important tool during their gaming experience, beyond attending events.. so we welcome the chance to invite other Armada members into TS.

Its a great device.. weather you want to listen to music in the DJ room.. or team up in the co-op rooms, we will encourage everyone in the fleet and visitors to use it.

in my experience its never been a problem to have to many

4 people liked this
Jamie

tuvak

February 24 2016
Quote by GXV3
Ive merged this Teamspeak question into the Armada thread, as it makes sense.

While talking to the fleets who have joined our Armada, one of their questions was "do we use teamspeak much?" .. and of course we said YES...
We are constantly trying to come up with new ways for members to utilize teamspeak as an important tool during their gaming experience, beyond attending events.. so we welcome the chance to invite other Armada members into TS.

Its a great device.. weather you want to listen to music in the DJ room.. or team up in the co-op rooms, we will encourage everyone in the fleet and visitors to use it.

in my experience its never been a problem to have to many

everything you say and how you say it makes my teeth sweat.

February 24 2016
Quote by tuvak

Our Teamspeak server has a limit of 40 users. We've never reached the limit and only come close during some big fleet events. If it starts to become an issue, we can always increase the limit.
7 people liked this
A.J.

xochild

February 26 2016
Quote by kontxesi
W00t! I so excited to finally get this set up. As the official envoy from the Pirates/Redshirts/Prime Directive group, I just wanted to say that we are VERY excited to be joining such a large, established group of players.

We were called "established"...I think I may start to cry.

Welcome aboard Armadamates! xD

Gareth, I may need some help, I still don't seem to understand Armadas properly. I think I need more pictures, drawings, infographics, and an interpretive dance to better understand it. Also, do they come with autopilot? :silly:

Liam

williamjaneway

February 26 2016
Quote by xochild
Gareth, I may need some help, I still don't seem to understand Armadas properly. I think I need more pictures, drawings, infographics, and an interpretive dance to better understand it. Also, do they come with autopilot? :silly:

You would be amazed how many people don't know how the Armada system works or that it even exists. I think this post is fantastic in helping those people out, but not only that, but helping those that think they know how it works!

...If you feel a better post could be made, feel free to do one...!