Elder Scrolls Online Free Weekend

Seba

WhatSoEver

December 09 2015
Hey guys,

Elder Scrolls Online will be free to play starting Thursday 10 Dec till Monday, so before I hit this big fat "download" button, I wanted to know if anyone here plays it and how it compares to e.g. Guild Wars 2.

I heard lots of negative comments on the game, but also heard that some time ago it went through a series of refurbishments similar to FF XIV after it became "a realm reborn". Plus, if it's a Skyrim Online, how can it be bad?
Unknown Person liked this
Edited December 09 2015 by WhatSoEver

Unknown Person

December 09 2015
From what I have read, people are saying it's not like Skyrim at all. I loved Skyrim, but honestly wasn't expecting nor wanting an exact copy :P I played the Beta and had fun! I wasn't able to get very far due to some tech issues so I guess I can't really offer a solid opinion in how it rates with GW2. I might give it a try this weekend myself! I know we have one or two that play, but I've not seen them on the forums in ages.

Unknown Person

December 12 2015
Couple of us doing ESO on the Xbox One, though I own the game on console as well as PC its nice to see all the 'new' players
Edited December 12 2015 by Unknown Person

Unknown Person

December 13 2015
I really want to give it another go, as I have heard it has improved since launch. You can buy it for between 10-20 quid of G2A so it's not a massive amount of money to waste if I still don't like it.

But it's an 80 Gig download and on my 1950's internet will just take sooo long that it keeps putting me off. :(

December 14 2015
Quote by Halish
I really want to give it another go, as I have heard it has improved since launch. You can buy it for between 10-20 quid of G2A so it's not a massive amount of money to waste if I still don't like it.

But it's an 80 Gig download and on my 1950's internet will just take sooo long that it keeps putting me off. :(

I think they have a homing pigeon delivery service. That'd be quicker than your internet. :P

Unknown Person

December 14 2015
lol @ NicholasJohn16

and Halish in the UK we have game and CEX were you can buy various games /cheaper if pre owned without sounding stupid I presume you have something similar over there ? I managed to get Tamriel Unlimited with free 750 crowns for £20 ($30.47)

December 14 2015
Quote by rixter1978
lol @ NicholasJohn16

and Halish in the UK we have game and CEX were you can buy various games /cheaper if pre owned without sounding stupid I presume you have something similar over there ? I managed to get Tamriel Unlimited with free 750 crowns for £20 ($30.47)

Halish is British too. :P

Unknown Person

December 14 2015
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Quote by rixter1978
lol @ NicholasJohn16

Halish is British too. :P

Me? British? Pfft .. I'm a red blooded American, I'm also straight, married with 8 kids and drive a hummer.

Ohhh saay can you seee by the dawwns early nighhtt.
Seba

WhatSoEver

December 15 2015
Unfortunately, I didn't catch the bug. Took me forever to create a character (so typical...) and stopped just after the introductory mission. Maybe when all my toons in GW2 are lvl 80 I'll come back B)