Your first video game

Brandon Felczer

CapnBranFlakes

Your first video game

August 30 2015
What was the first video game you ever played?
3 people liked this
Edited August 30 2015 by CapnBranFlakes
Brandon Felczer

CapnBranFlakes

Your first video game

August 30 2015
Mine: 2 years old - 1988 - MS-DOS - Sesame Street ABCs - sitting on my dad's lap at the computer smashing on buttons. I literally can still remember this. I bet that's why video games play such a huge part in my life :)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
3 people liked this
Edited August 30 2015 by CapnBranFlakes
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Your first video game

August 30 2015
The very first Age of Empires on my father's pc, back when my parents had the shop (I think in 1996 or 1997), I was about five or six years old, maybe even younger, I'm not sure anymore.
One of the clearest memories I have from back then (at this point I was just watching what my father was doing) was that I was surprised by the fact that if a building got destroyed seemingly without reason, meant there was an enemy archer or something in the fog of war (remember, I was only about five years old :P ).
I think it was Age of Empires II that really got me addicted to games. Played that game for years (always with cheats back then :blush: ).
2 people liked this
Jay

Carpenter

Your first video game

August 30 2015
Metroid. God that pissed my mom off on school mornings.
3 people liked this
Martin McCann

Ergonal

Your first video game

August 30 2015
this is one of those ( showing your age kinda questions) ..ok here goes ...
Atari 2600 Pacman/Outlaw

can i just say in my defense it was the 80's it was wooden..no really the console was inlaid with wood... :blush: :whistle: :blush:
2 people liked this
Cal

calx

Your first video game

August 30 2015
Quote by Ergonal

Atari 2600 Pacman/Outlaw

can i just say in my defense it was the 80's it was wooden..no really the console was inlaid with wood... :blush: :whistle: :blush:

yes! the 2600! with snoopy and his flying doghouse...take that you baron! pew pew pew pew! :woohoo:
3 people liked this
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

Your first video game

August 30 2015
Does Oregon Trail count as a video game? I remember playing that, Number Munchers, and Lemonade Stand, in school. My first console game was the GOLD The Legend of Zelda for NES. I was like 10 or 11 and in my first foster home and I fell in love with Zelda and Nintendo. :-)
3 people liked this
Edited August 30 2015 by Vidannotaredshirt79
Ben

Gravity

Your first video game

August 30 2015
Alex the Kid for the Sega Master system
4 people liked this
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

Your first video game

August 30 2015
First 3 games I had, no idea which was first. Sega master system; phantasy star, shinobi, r-type.
2 people liked this
Kidd Kasper

kiddkasper

Your first video game

August 30 2015
Combat on an Atari 2600

Quote by Ergonal

Wood inlaid with those metal post switches. :P
3 people liked this
Conan

Schmigel

Your first video game

August 31 2015
Mine was some Harrier jump jet game on an old Amstrad CPC464. God it was annoying, repetitive an made screeching noises as the cassette tape loaded.

Yeah, was addicted. But really I'm just another 80's defendant :(
3 people liked this

Your first video game

August 31 2015
Mine was Karateka. It's an old 8-bit game that my brother and I played on our DOS computer. We loved it, but always got killed by the gate. Could never get passed it. Finally thought to look up how to beat it a few years ago and found out how simple it was.

After that, it was SimCity 2000 which I spent so much time on and Age of Empires, the original. Age of Empires though was the game that really got me into gaming. I love the strategy of it. I've played every AoE game since (even the crappy mobile one that's out now).
2 people liked this
Edited August 31 2015 by nicholasjohn16
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Your first video game

August 31 2015
The first game I played was on the Atari. I do not remember the name of the game, but I do remember I had a few favorites. :)
3 people liked this
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Your first video game

August 31 2015
Dig Dug on the Atari 2600!

After that, it was good ol' Super Mario Bros on NES for me (among others on the console.)
5 people liked this
Cal

calx

Your first video game

August 31 2015
i got the urge now to go back to monkey island! :woohoo:
2 people liked this

Unknown Person

Your first video game

August 31 2015
Mine was on the Amiga and it was a game called Project X
3 people liked this
Michael Sawyer

mykaels

Your first video game

September 01 2015
I know my first system was an Atari 2600, but I have no clue what my first game was. I joke that even though I had been playing games for 10 years prior to 1991, it wasn't until Final Fantasy II(U.S.) that my gaymer life truly began. I remember very few before that.
2 people liked this
Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

Your first video game

September 01 2015
In 1984, my family bought an Atari 2600 for $300. (Four years later, they went for $40.) It came with a very blocky version of Pac-Man.
2 people liked this
Edited September 01 2015 by SiranNataan
Volkrov (Eurrsk) Ruk

Eurrsk

Your first video game

September 01 2015
I'll give you a hint ;D

Spent hours at the arcade or at home playing that. Or even the Jurassic Park & Star Wars Arcade shooters. ^u^
3 people liked this

Unknown Person

Your first video game

September 01 2015
My first was this big red blob that I had to issue commands too in school. I don't remember much more about it, as I wasn't more than 5...

The first proper game I played was treasure Island Dizzy. On the Spectrum. I loved that game so much...

[attachment=3195]Treasure_Island_Dizzy-2.png[/attachment]

The console not so much. I had to buy magazines with code in them. and then spend a whole weekend typing.....

Those early games were HARD!
2 people liked this