August 27 2015
Evidently the sequel to the much bemoaned Avatar: The Last Airbender has been officially green lit. That gives fans of the franchise like myself hope for a future, but there's a downside. It's being directed by M. Night Shyamalan again.

After the first movie came out so bad (and, ya know, five years past), I figured that we'd never see another Avatar movie, even one based around Korra. And with Legends of Korra ending and with their relationship with Nickolodeon so tenuous I really thought the franchise had come to an end. Hopefully the movie does well and spurs on more sequels and finishes Aang's four books.

What do you think?
Unknown Person liked this
Edited August 27 2015 by nicholasjohn16

Unknown Person

August 27 2015
I think!

That bending air sounds like fun :silly:

August 27 2015
Quote by bullocaj
I think!

That bending air sounds like fun :silly:

We all know you don't think.
Volkrov (Eurrsk) Ruk

Eurrsk

August 27 2015
EEEEEP!! He better do it right this time or I will do blood bending on him! rawr! :blink:

[attachment=3181]OhHellno.jpg[/attachment]
3 people liked this
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

August 27 2015
Dear God No! I can't even with this. My beloved Avatar. Next he'll do an awful Korra movie. *sigh*
Michael Sawyer

mykaels

August 27 2015
Speaking of Legend of Korra, anyone a fan of the series should check out HavenCon in Austin, Texas. We have Janet Varney as one of our featured guests!

/end shameful plug
Ryan

Planets9

August 28 2015
Air bending can have another meaning too. I won't say what since I figure that all of you can figure it out.

Unknown Person

August 29 2015
IDK, they really shouldn't have tried cramming all of book one into a move that was less than 2 hours, it just wasn't going to work. It would have been better if they'd done parts 1 & 2 for each book. I get what he was trying to do with turning the Fire Nation into a more Indian-type society complete with vedic architecture but the Fire Nation was supposed to be modeled after ancient feudal Japan. The Earth Kindom was of course, China and the water tribes were supposed to be Inuit. I get that he was maybe just trying to represent his own culture, which is an amazing culture, to be sure, but could he please have done it on one of his own movies and not on the amazingly successful Avatar genre? There's too much missing from the plot already for me to have any hopes that this will be a good movie.
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

August 29 2015
I liked the first Avatar movie. It wasn't great or anything, but I don't really hate it either. Then again, I haven't watched the series yet or read the books.
I will watch Avatar 2 too, but endeavor to watch the series (both Legend of Aang and Kora) before that to have some more perspective.
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

August 29 2015
Please please please watch the series! :-)
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

August 29 2015
He crammed too much into one movie and all the humor and love was gone. It was just so blah. And they kept pronouncing Aang's name wrong! UGH!
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

August 29 2015
I will watch the series, it's on my to-watch list. It's not on Netflix, is it?
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

August 30 2015
No idea about Netflix.