Star Trek Renegades - The full pilot episode

Iain Smith

eazzie79

August 24 2015
Here you are fleeties .... It's finally here ,,,, Star Trek Renegades - The pilot episode.

5 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 25 2015
I'll load this up to play through the Xbox tonight! thanks Iain, looking forward to it
Unknown Person liked this
Ashby

Clavik

August 25 2015
Just finished watching it. I really enjoyed it. I like the characters and the storylines that they have roughly set up. I was actually really impressed with the CGI of the space battles. It looked beautiful in HD.

I was just happy to see something from the Star Trek universe make it's way to my screen. There are plenty of opportunities to talk about but who cares! It was fun!
2 people liked this
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

August 25 2015
Definitely a delight. I loved this movie. I look forward to the series.
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

August 25 2015
I just watched the first 40-50 minutes this morning before heading to college and I'm gonna watch the rest when I get home. I so can't wait to see how the ending goes.
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

August 25 2015
WOOT...... Finally got to watch the whole thing... I love it. :woohoo:
Iain Smith

eazzie79

August 25 2015
Hey guys... The Renegades team are asking the fanbase who they would like to see from TNG DS9 and VOY brought into the series. So far alot of people are saying Seven, Dr. Bashir and Ro Laren. Who would you like to see in the series? I'll pass on your replies. :)
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

August 25 2015
I would like to see Ezri Dax, Deanne Troi or Kira Nerys.
Ben

Gravity

August 25 2015
I just finished it and i feel in general quite positive about the whole thing but the plot didn't feel entirely fleshed out to me. I realise this is meant to be episode 1 of a series but i would of liked a bit more context about the story.
Iain Smith

eazzie79

August 26 2015
Quote by Gravity
I just finished it and i feel in general quite positive about the whole thing but the plot didn't feel entirely fleshed out to me. I realise this is meant to be episode 1 of a series but i would of liked a bit more context about the story.

During filming the script was changed almost daily. On one day alone Adrienne was given 8 pages of new script. Manu originally had quite a bit of dialogue in the pilot, however the scripts he was given he felt weren't Icheb like and approached Tim about it. He asked Tim "Would Icheb really say that?" Tim said no, so about 90% of Manu's dialogue was cut. In the series there will be more insight into what Section 31 did to Icheb, so we are to get more Icheb like dialogue in future episodes.

Shree's (Andorian hacker with big boobies lol) story is to develop in future episodes because as you know you saw her doing you know (no spoilers) at the beginning.

August 26 2015
Just finished watching it. My review in one word: bad. In two words: very bad.
2 people liked this
Brandon Felczer

CapnBranFlakes

August 26 2015
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Just finished watching it. My review in one word: bad. In two words: very bad.
Mine in 3 words: Better than nothing. (Maybe... lol)

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
3 people liked this

Unknown Person

August 26 2015
I've been told I'm crazy by someone who's clearly more insane than I am :P However, I was not a huge fan of this. Of course, it had some memorable moments! And it's great to see another Star Trek related show/movie with a dedicated cast and crew, but it just didn't hold my interests as much as I would have hoped. That being said, I'm open to viewing more of the series! Thanks for the link :)
3 people liked this
Edited August 26 2015 by Unknown Person
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

August 26 2015
I love all things Star Trek. This didn't have some huge Hollywood budget and it showed. That being said. I liked it for what it was and look forward to its future.
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

August 26 2015
I definitely enjoyed it for the fan production that it is. I liken this to reading fan fiction on the web; it's someone's story that's based on Star Trek, which, through the miracle of crowd funding, gave it the opportunity to see the big screen. I've watched Star Trek Continues/New Voyages, Hidden Frontier and others, and as far as fan creations go, I thought it was among the more impressive ones that I'd seen. I think that watching it with that in mind, allowed me to let go of some of the elements that I may have otherwise taken issue with in an official Star Trek production, including some elements of the story. Generally, I found the story idea compelling, though.

PROS:
  • Amazing make-up & character design
  • Fantastic environments
  • Great soundtrack
  • Compelling story with potential
  • Strong acting performances by some of the cast

LOWS:
  • Weaker acting performances by some of the cast
  • Some special effects could use improvement (phasers/beaming)
  • Bridge sets could've used some more love
  • Starfleet uniform design
  • Why is that chick wearing glasses?

Overall, both Julien and I agreed that we were entertained by watching it and that it was a pretty good effort as far as fan productions go. We've turned off other fan productions mid-episode that were too brutal to watch, so we can be tough on them too; it doesn't just get a free pass just because it's an unofficial production. It was enjoyable!
4 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

August 26 2015
I really enjoyed it, it was a nice way to see the trek universe outside of the daisy picking Federation.

The Space battles were fantastic!!... though I did giggle a little at some of the ground visual effects.
And the SF uniform has to go, ekk!

I also didnt understand why the grandaughter was in it.. and her little friend?

but all in all a good watch, something different in the trek universe.

I liked the space librarian with glasses!
4 people liked this
Iain Smith

eazzie79

August 26 2015
I do agree with what Dave said in his lows.

Yes some of the characters were weak. Manu himself said to me he had trouble adjusting to Icheb 2.0. As I said in a previous post he cut most of his dialogue because he felt it wasn't stuff that Icheb would of said. Manu was disappointed with some of the writing.

Yep the bridge set for the Archer was a bit evident that Chekov's office and the Archer bridge they did double up on the set there .... But OMG mustard yellow.

Yep the Starfleet uniform. This has been the main crux from across the board from the fan base and yes this will be changed for the series.

Lastly Sean Young wearing glasses. as a glasses wearer myself you know I didn't give it a second thought but yeah I know what you mean its 2388 Geordi had his blindness corrected so why is she still wearing glasses, she's in a relationship with Lewis Zimmerman he created the EMH

Strongest performances by far throughout were Adrienne as Lexxa and Rico as Boras.
Iain Smith

eazzie79

August 27 2015
So far for the series Gary Graham will be staying on as Ragnar. In future episodes his shape shifting abilities will be explained more. Could he be a section 31 experiment of a Founder from the Dominion war?.

Manu / Adrienne staying.

Dr. Lucien is also staying .... (sorry guys 24th century person still wearing glasses) Is she as loyal to Lexxa as she makes out? She still has ties to the Federation (being associated to Zimmerman) Is she there under pretense, still working for the Federation?

The one thing I would like to see is ... The Icarus is capable of multi vectoring. In the original script (which wasn't included in the rewrites) Lexxa had mistrust for everyone on board so she disabled the multi vectoring. I would like to see that reactivated.
Michael Sawyer

mykaels

August 27 2015
As a fan film I really liked it. I am pretty forgiving to the fan films as is so when all is said and done, I really enjoyed it.

Course I am so starved for Star Trek the whole thing could have been about scanning flora on a planet and I would have enjoyed it.
3 people liked this
Brandon Felczer

CapnBranFlakes

September 08 2015
Terry Farrell announced that's she's joining the cast.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=
3 people liked this