{Spoilers Alert!!} Fear The Walking Dead

Martin McCann

Ergonal

August 24 2015
So who managed to watch the first episode? What did you think?

I thought the first 20 or so minutes were a bit slow but it definitely picked up towards the end.

Any Predictions for the next 5 episodes??

:whistle: :P :whistle:

Unknown Person

August 24 2015
SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS..

Yeah it definitely had it's slow moments with him in hospital but it was all worth it for the last however long it was.

I really enjoyed the episode from start to finish and I thought the actor who played Nick (I think that was his name? good looking druggie) did really well. I felt for him so bad when he took them to see the lad he shot but he wasn't there. He really did seem like he has going to have a mental breakdown.

Really looking forward to next week.
Unknown Person liked this
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

August 24 2015
Well at least now Mom realizes this isnt just a drug dream.

August 25 2015
I thought the episode was fantastic and I can't wait to see more. It was definitely slow, but made the anticipation and excitement to find out the inevitable even more palpable. I hope the rest of the season is equally slow and we get to see the build up of the disease unlike in The Walking Dead. I loved the hour long play time. Makes me wish the rest were that long.

It's nice to see what it was like when it was just starting to happen. It's obvious that the government is try to keep is trying to keep it under wraps. Specially when the doctor said he "wanted him down stairs in 60 seconds" or what not. And the fact that there wasn't any news about, ya know, people eating people! I wonder if we'll get to see the tipping point where they really can't keep it hidden anymore.

Nick was a hottie. I hope he doesn't die. I like that they went straight into anyone who dies automatically turns into a zombie since we already know that's true cause of The Walking Dead. Though, that'll give a lot away to those just coming to the franchise.

All in all, I loved it and I can't wait to see more (of Nick's abs).
Martin McCann

Ergonal

August 25 2015
The actor who played the young guy ( Nick ) was really good especially towards the end when he thought he was full on loosing it. I re watched it again to see if i had missed anything ....and sure enough i noticed the "abs" this time. :blush:
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

August 25 2015
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Though, that'll give a lot away to those just coming to the franchise.

"just coming to the franchise", this phrase makes no sense whatsoever to me. :dry:
Martin McCann

Ergonal

August 25 2015
Quote by Seannewboy
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Though, that'll give a lot away to those just coming to the franchise.

"just coming to the franchise", this phrase makes no sense whatsoever to me. :dry:

i'll answer that if you like but it would be a Major Spoiler if you have not watched the Original show "The Walking Dead" :huh:
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

August 26 2015
I loved it! I hope they keep this pace too. I don't want the full on walker apocalypse in the second episode or anything. Oh and why did they even introduce the guys other son if he wasn't even going to be in the episode? I get that they need to show some backstory. But it just felt like it was a throw away scene. I look forward to the next 5 episodes and cannot wait for The Walking Dead in October. :-)
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

August 27 2015
Quote by Vidan@notaredshirt79
I loved it! I hope they keep this pace too. I don't want the full on walker apocalypse in the second episode or anything. Oh and why did they even introduce the guys other son if he wasn't even going to be in the episode? I get that they need to show some backstory. But it just felt like it was a throw away scene. I look forward to the next 5 episodes and cannot wait for The Walking Dead in October. :-)

More than that, what do you think is gonna be his first priority when they try to leave town, get the kid.
2 people liked this
Martin McCann

Ergonal

August 27 2015
Quote by Seannewboy
Quote by Vidan@notaredshirt79

More than that, what do you think is gonna be his first priority when they try to leave town, get the kid.

Yeah i think that will be towards the climax of the show, once people start finding out and mass panic sets in, something will happen ( like the mother getting bit) which means the stepfather will have to rush across LA to save his son. Then there will be a big hug out and he will forgive his dad for leaving and setting up home with a new family, and they will live to fight the next series, ect ect

August 31 2015
Just watched the second episode and it was really good. Defiantly speed things up a bit, but not too much. Both black guys die. Really? Not only is that cliche, but it's damn racist.
2 people liked this
Martin McCann

Ergonal

August 31 2015
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Just watched the second episode and it was really good. Defiantly speed things up a bit, but not too much. Both black guys die. Really? Not only is that cliche, but it's damn racist.

Yeah just finished it myself, its defiantly picking up speed, looks like they are in danger form their "Walker" neighbor too. Don't think it was intentional racism, just happens the actors playing the characters were black
Edited August 31 2015 by Ergonal

Unknown Person

August 31 2015
The Walking Dead had a strange trend of introducing a black guy and immediately killing them off. Or introducing a Black guy and then killing of the current "main character" black guy.

Hopefully similar things don't happen in FTWD. It's a strange one though because if the scripts call for them to die it's kinda backwards racist to not kill them because they are black.

Anywaaaaay back to the episode.

I loved it. It was awesome. The only thing I kinda hate about it is that they are refusing to tell the bloody kids whats going on. The daughter (I really need to learn names) was literally shouting "whats going on? Whats gotten into you guys?" and because they didn't tell her she kept trying to go outside.

It's like maybe she stay inside if you told her that the worlds gone to hell.

I love the pacing, I love the characters, I love the drama. I hope it continues to be this good.
3 people liked this
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

August 31 2015
But then again, mom was not quick on the uptake this episode either, she wont make ti past the 2nd season unless she gets a clue.
2 people liked this

September 01 2015
Quote by Halish
The only thing I kinda hate about it is that they are refusing to tell the bloody kids whats going on. The daughter (I really need to learn names) was literally shouting "whats going on? Whats gotten into you guys?" and because they didn't tell her she kept trying to go outside.

It's like maybe she stay inside if you told her that the worlds gone to hell.

Yeah, I really didn't get that either. What are they trying to protect her from? She needs to know. Even if she doesn't believe you. Just let her watch the neighbors get eaten and she'll figure it out.
David

Keioel

September 01 2015
Not to mention I get that the government doesn't want everything to fall apart as they desperately search for a cure, but I mean honestly if you would just tell people that YES there IS a new virus and so we need people to not riot and destroy the very infrastructure we need to protect you all perhaps they wouldn't be trying to suppress rioters and the undead at the same time.

September 01 2015
Quote by Keioel
Not to mention I get that the government doesn't want everything to fall apart as they desperately search for a cure, but I mean honestly if you would just tell people that YES there IS a new virus and so we need people to not riot and destroy the very infrastructure we need to protect you all perhaps they wouldn't be trying to suppress rioters and the undead at the same time.

Yeah, it's a bit of a Catch-22. They're not telling people about the virus to prevent a panic, but that helps cause a panic, so people panic.
2 people liked this
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

September 01 2015
I wish that damn kid would take a shower or at least wash his hair and get out of those dead old guys clothes. I did not like how the mother just closed the door and ignored the screams of her neighbor. After just having bashed the head of her boss and friend hours earlier to save Tobias. I think also that it is hard to explain something that you don't truly understand yet yourself. I am liking the pacing though.
David

Keioel

September 01 2015
Her just closing the door really bugged me, how the hell is a civilization going to survive something like that if no one is willing to get involved.
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

September 01 2015
I know! She can kill the principal to save a student but not save her neighbor who she went and warned earlier? And what about the little girl? I don't I'll be too sad if and/or when the mother dies.