Star Trek Bridge Commander 2 Crowdfunding Project

Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

July 28 2015
Just came across this on Facebook via FB Groups that i am with for Star Trek Online.

I thought to share this in case there are people who loved Star Trek Bridge Commander, but for those who haven't heard of Star Trek Bridge Commander, have a quick looky at this link to read up on what Star Trek Bridge Commander was about.

Star Trek Bridge Commander

This is the link on Facebook for the Star Trek Bridge Commander 2, that is being Crowdfunded from what i have read so far.

Star Trek Bridge Commander 2 Facebook Page

And this here is the webpage that is Bridge Commander 2 to read up, contribute and learn about what these guys are planning to do.

Star Trek Bridge Commander 2 Crowdfunded

I haven't read up as of yet, due to waking up this morning and getting ready for work, but i thought to share with everyone on here if they are wanting to check it out, and see if there is any chance that someone could see if there are seriously committed into this, cause if they are then WOOT!!!!

Anyways, comment, share, read and do what ye will with it.

Dax
Unknown Person liked this
Jamie

tuvak

July 28 2015
This was my favorite Star Trek: TNG game for the PC. A close second was Final Unity. But Bridge Commander was great for the time period and the Quick Battle function was really great. I have it installed on my computer now (win7) and it still works. There is a mod you can install called Kobayashi Maru which gives you a huge amount of control over the ships and battles and is available via a quick google search. It's over a gigabyte in size but does a great job expanding the original game.

Bridge Commander 2 could be truly great!
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

July 28 2015
Is it just me, or are the pitch videos (the ones with the devs) really, really awful, lol. The devs should really hire people with some charisma to deliver their pitch if they're hoping to raise hella lots of money for their project. I never played bridge commander, but I've heard such good things that I'd really like to see a remake of it.

I was following Star Trek Excalibur for the longest time, which was supposed to be another Bridge Commander re-make, but development has been in the works for several years and I'm not sure where in the process they're at. Check it out for anyone who's excited about this sort of stuff!

Edited July 28 2015 by Voleron
Michael Minks-Bungard

Dax_aussie_boy

July 28 2015
There is a download if you are lucky in finding thats called Star Trek Bridge Commander Maximum Warp Edition that would have several things in one which does include the latest Kobayashi Maru Mod and others things.

I have STBC on my Windows 8 and its works well, just has moments of it crashes from time to time due to something (not sure what it might be) but it others works well. and you have three different mods in which you can access if you do get it.

Honest im wondering on how much these guys are in getting this project off the ground.
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

July 28 2015
This looks amazing. If I can find a way I WILL invest.
Adam

Inanedadam

August 14 2015
I really wish this was a thing, I spent so many hours playing the original.

I just really doubt they'll reach the goal or get the licence to be allowed to release it.
Michael Sawyer

mykaels

August 14 2015
Star Trek Bridge Commander?!?

Now there's a blast from the past...
Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

February 14 2016
Well, I would be glad, if the game would be available on Steam or available to grab legally from somewhere. DidnĀ“t play it when it came out years ago ...