First City Rework

Ben

Gravity

First City Rework

March 21 2015
http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9108273-brotherhood-of-the-sword

Are they planning a rework ala ESD here, i mean the story line is very similar sounding
Unknown Person liked this
Sej @Ereiid

Ereiid

First City Rework

March 21 2015
One hopes. I'm sure in hindsight, it'll be as evidently telegraphed as anything.

But it's more filtering this through the poor track record of factional parity KDF has always suffered.
Angel

Angelsilhouette

First City Rework

March 21 2015
Looks like it is a lv 60 STF only.

That said, and in regards to Ereiid's post, it is notoriously difficult to write for Klingons. Sure it's easy enough to do the occasional one-off, but beyond that, it becomes more and more difficult because the culture has never really been fully fleshed out, canonically, and there are too many discrepancies. There was, at one point, a pitch for a Star Trek Klingons tv series, but it never even got beyond the pitch. They didn't see that it would appeal to anything but a small niche audience.

Perhaps it isn't that the Klingons are difficult to write, it's that writers have difficulty wrapping their minds around them because, while they may be fans of Star Trek, they may not be big enough fans of the Klingons to make episodes about them feel fully realised. I feel this is likely one of the big issues in STO. I seriously doubt anyone's claims that the devs are actually Star Trek fans (especially with the one saying repeatedly that his favourite character, Scotty, was played by "James Doo'HAND" during a livestream (he didn't spell it like that, he pronounced it like that), and while levelling my KDF toons, interactions with Starfleet were quite often blatantly written by someone with zero familiarity with the franchise. Starfleet ships would appear, send the equivelant of "Die Klingon scum" and then attack.) so have no faith that they can fully wrap their minds around the Klingon culture and properly write for them.

Mind you, they have gotten better since they actually started watching Star Trek, but I really don't think the KDF will ever properly be a complete faction; I feel their best bet is to reunite them with the UFP and change factional PvP into "War Games" where you fight to disable and holodeck war games where you can fight to destroy.
Edited March 21 2015 by Angelsilhouette
Ben

Gravity

First City Rework

March 21 2015
Maybe I wasn't clear I was saying ESD got a remodel as a story mission was launched in which ESD was pretty much destroyed.

I was thinking this could be a story reason for a first city remodel.
Unknown Person liked this
Backyardserenade

backyardserenade

First City Rework

March 21 2015
When ESD was revamped we got hints of that on the forums and on Twitter months before its release (AFAIK). The actualy storyline why the revamp has to happen wasn't revealed until the episode came out. Either they're going the opposite direction now or this is really 'just' a fun re-use of the First City map.

Personally I doubt that we will see a new First City, especially given that it was actually already revamped a couple of years ago - of course it's not the easiest to navigate social map, but still. I think we would've seen hints and screenshots by now, just to build the hype. But I'd like to be surprised, of course.
Angel

Angelsilhouette

First City Rework

March 21 2015
True enough backyardserenade. They ramped up to the ESD redesign with lots and lots of blogs and pictures and concept drawings.

Frozenlily

First City Rework

March 24 2015
Isn't it a bit too soon for First City to get another remodel? Those of you who don't remember or don't know the last look of it please play the Fek'liri missions :) changed when Crossfire was released. I can't wait to try out the new mission but unless the make it look even cooler then they should leave it at that and work on other KDF aspects
Edited March 24 2015 by Frozenlily
Jamie O'Connell

medgirl1025

Re:First City Rework

April 06 2015
Speaking of new designs....if we are to keep to the storyline then no one should get to see the newer designs of ESD or Qo'noS until you reach a certain point in the story arc....sadly for fed players that means waiting a long time, but getting to enjoy the nostalgia more of the older design.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk