The Foundry Folder (Fleet Mission Index)

Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

March 15 2015

T H E · F L E E T · F O U N D R Y · F O L D E R
Listings last updated: May 30th, 2017

Welcome to Stonewall's #FoundryFolder, generated and maintained by @Voleron! The Foundry Folder is an index of foundry missions created exclusively by past and present members of the Stonewall Armada!  Stonewall Fleet continues to be home to some amazing story-telling talent and the purpose of this thread is to provide you with information on each of our community's published missions, so as to guide you to the stories that will most appeal to you, and also to help our foundry authors draw attention to their amazing creations!

If you're a foundry author and would like your mission listed in this index, simply post your mission information in the foundry section of the forums in a new thread. Once I've played and reviewed your mission, it will be added to this index!

New to the foundry?  The tutorial video below will teach you how to search and play foundry missions in Star Trek Online:

7 people liked this
Edited May 30 2017 by Voleron
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

March 15 2015

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “Adrift”
  • Author : @Midnighttlc
  • Faction : Federation
  • Series : 1 of 3 part mission series
  • Next in Series : "Variance"
  • Duration : 45 minutes
  • Play style : Solo or group play
  • Video trailer :

Mission Review

“Adrift” is an enthralling piece of player generated content, created in the Foundry editor for Star Trek Online, by one of our own community members: @midnighttlc.  The average run-time for this mission is approximately 45 minutes for either team or solo play, and will have Captains engaging in a combination of both space and ground combat, while working their way through a beleaguered ship under eerily mysterious circumstances, in an effort to rescue its commander: Admiral Aaron.  

From the onset of the mission, Captains will find themselves questioning the true nature of this assignment, which seems intentionally shrouded in mystery by Starfleet Command.  Pitting a meagre rescue team up against what seem to be insurmountable odds, will have player Captains weary of the many possibilities and potentially dire outcomes for their ship and crew; unfortunately, duty often requires action and sacrifice for a greater cause and it’s under these circumstances that you and your crew will embark on a challenging rescue mission to locate Admiral Aaron.

While the gameplay and dialogue is relatively linear, the mission will have you continually guessing as to what’s going on as the story progresses, and I guarantee that you won’t see the final developments and plot twist coming, which sets the mission up for a much anticipated sequel!

As this mission takes place in the Gamma Orionis sector block, Captains will need to be at least Rear Admiral Upper Half (level 45), and will need to have completed the first introductory assignment in the Borg episode arc to access this piece of Foundry content.  Given the location of the mission, you’re guaranteed to come up against your share of Borg drones during your rescue attempt, so be sure to pack your frequency remodulator, lest you and your crew become the newest additions to the collective.  You’ll soon learn, however, that the Borg presence is merely a sideshow of the main event, as they too have taken interest in the potential of what you’ll uncover in the bowels of the Northstar and the horrors that your discoveries will bring.

“Adrift” is a ground combat focused and intensive mission that will leave Captains anticipating the sequel, and will have them wondering what’s likely to happen next.  Given the author’s penchant for taking the story in unpredictable directions, players will likely be guessing incorrectly, until they get their hands on “Variance”, the anticipated sequel to this mission.  Players craving a new and unique piece of mission content will enjoy this assignment, and will find the forty-five minute run-time a worthwhile investment!

Reviewer’s note: Only the most skilled, ground combat Captains should consider increasing the mission difficulty above normal.  If raising the mission difficulty, be sure to take a modest supply of hyposprays and other useful ground consumables with you, to assist you on this mission.

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “Defense of Starbase 57”
  • Author : Gregferguson

Mission Review

“Defense of Starbase 57” is the third part of GregFerguson's foundry mission trilogy, which follows the missions “Hearts and Cortexes” and “Graveyard” in the series.  The mission pits you against the Borg, a familiar adversary in the Star Trek Online universe, in both space and ground combat situations.  The ground component is certainly the focus of the pairing, and in many ways resembles the "Infected: Manus" Special Task Force mission found in the PvE queues.  Even Captains who believe themselves to be skilled in ground combat scenarios, may find themselves challenged if attempting any difficulty settings above normal.  The Borg ground force in this mission is much more challenging than the Borg forces found elsewhere in the game, as reinforcements from the lower decks continually replenish the defeated drones, as you navigate through the maps to your various objectives.  Move your team with purpose, as wandering aimlessly about the maps, lazily in search of mission objectives is the surest way to end up completely surrounded.

A five Captain away team would make an excellent assault team for this mission, however, if you’re playing this mission solo, be sure that your away team is well equipped.  Your leadership skill must not falter, if you’re to both complete your mission objectives and keep your crew happily separated from the fearsome collective.

2 people liked this
Edited January 26 2019 by Voleron
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

March 15 2015

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “The Interwarp Experiment”
  • LGBT : Same-sex relationship choices
  • Duration : 60 - 90 minutes
  • Play style : Solo play
  • Author : @AstroRobLA

Mission Review
Starfleet has ordered you to rendezvous with the U.S.S. Destiny, a Defiant class vessel, to assist with a classified warp-field experimentation project, laced in mystery.  But you’re no warp-field theorist, and the fact that one of the Federation’s most tactically geared vessels has been taken off the front lines and seconded to scientific experimentation, is just the beginning of the unusual nature of this mission.  You will work to unravel the full details behind the experiment, which you will soon discover, is known only to a single person with whom you have a complicated past.

The Interwarp Experiment allows you to craft your own character’s backstory by altering your relationship with the protagonist, based on your choices surrounding your own Captain’s past, which makes this foundry story such an enthralling one to participate in.  The mission doesn’t just tell a Star Trek themed story while you sit back and watch it unfold, it involves your character, and by extension the player, in the story itself, which makes for an intense emotional experience.  

As I was confronted with the choice as to what the nature of my past relationship with the main character should be, I found myself pausing to consider a real-life person and situation that I could see fill the protagonist’s role.  As a result of being able to infuse my own life into the story, I found myself becoming very involved in the mission, as it brought my life to my digitized character, whom I’d never really envisioned as a digitized version of myself.

The mission also offers choices in handling various conflicts that arise, thereby pulling not just the memories, but the personality of the player into the experience.  I found myself personally invested in the mission, as if I were experiencing it first-hand, and I surprised myself with an ethics bending choice that I made without hesitation, when the life of the protagonist was at stake.

The Interwarp Experiment is a brilliantly enthralling mission, especially if you allow yourself to BE your Captain, thereby becoming the important piece of the story.  The spectrum of emotions you’ll experience from beginning to end is certainly worth the 60 to 75 minute play time!

Unknown Person liked this
Edited May 30 2017 by Voleron
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

March 15 2015

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “The Mayns of Balnar Moon”
  • Duration : 45-60 minutes
  • Author : @Alimac30

Mission Review
The Mayns of Balnar Moon is a story so perfectly delivered that I forgot I was playing a game or a mission created with the foundry tool-set.  The mission objectives flowed naturally with the story, and not once did I find myself having to refer to the mission log or map for direction and never did I wonder how many more items I had to scan or groups of enemies I was required to kill to advance the mission.

What this mission does so well, is offer the player choices that impact how the story will be experienced.  Not only does this mean that you can select responses that best suit your Captain’s personality as he interacts with the characters and the environment, but it also means that you can elect to streamline the story or engross yourself more fully in the richness of it, depending on your preferred play-style.  Rest assured that Alimac doesn’t provide lengthy dialogue options for the sake of finding a place to hide superfluous walls of text.  Should you choose to read full log entries or personnel files, for example, you’ll find that each has been purposefully crafted to immerse you further into the story.  I found myself routinely choosing the lengthy story options because I craved additional pieces of the puzzle, as though I was commanding a real away mission and had a vested interest in the outcome.  As you near the end of the mission, your Captain will be given a choice of several different possible courses of action and the choice you make will effectively dictate which element of the overall story you’ll unravel.  Alimac’s penchant for developing an emotional bond between player and character guarantees a rollercoaster of real emotions, right through to the end of the mission.  

The Mayns of Balnar Moon comes with my highest recommendations and is definitely worth the 45 to 60 minute playtime.  Set an evening and some wine aside, and prepare to be enthralled!

Edited May 28 2017 by Voleron
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

March 15 2015

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “Patience”
  • Author : @Aron
  • Video trailer :
    ]Watch on YouTube

Mission Review
“Patience”, is a ‘who-done-it’ style mystery mission, in many ways akin to the Trek movie fan-favorite: The Undiscovered Country.  Not only will you be tasked with solving the mystery of what caused the U.S.S. Virtue to become stranded in time, but as your investigation progresses, a murder among the crew will have you wondering who could be responsible and who you should trust.  The issue of trust extends beyond mere story-telling and as the mission unfolds, you will ultimately find yourself faced with the ultimate command decision, the consequences of which, are life and death.  The mission author has implemented a mechanic through the foundry that for possibly the first time in Star Trek Online, will have you feeling the weight of command on your shoulders.

Not only will you be faced with difficult decisions, but you’ll also bear first-hand witness the frailties of the human condition through the effects of prolonged isolation on some members of the crew, which are bound to eventually present dangers to you and your away team.  You’ll need to trust your intuition and your command to bring your crew and those aboard the Virtue home.

“Patience” tells a compelling, naturally flowing story but some of the mission’s most impressive achievements are technical in nature.  Not only is the author able to use foundry mechanics to present the player with choices that will impact the story, but the custom interior map of the U.S.S. Virtue is also beautifully and seamlessly crafted.  Players will notice no clipping of walls or assets that plague many other authors’ attempts at creating custom foundry maps.  ItsPyros has masterfully created a beautiful stage on which to tell his story to the Star Trek Online community.  “Patience” is a well executed mission that is worth your 45 minute play-time investment.

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “Redacted 13”
  • Series: 3 of 3 part mission series
  • Previous in Series: "Variance"
  • LGBT : Same-sex relationship referenced
  • Duration : 60 - 90 minutes
  • Video trailer :
    ]Watch on YouTube

Mission Review
This third and final mission in Midnighttlc's trilogy is preceded by "Adrift" (part one) and "Variance" (part two).  You'll once again be tasked with apprehending Admiral Aaron's ever elusive mirror universe counterpart, whose perpetual thirst for domination over the prime universe, again threatens to throw the galaxy into disarray.  Soon after you embark on your mission, you'll respond to a curious distress signal from an old Federation starbase, which was thought to have been decommissioned years ago.  Unfortunately, the secret experiments that have been surreptitiously running on the dilapidated hulk of a base have backfired, releasing a scourge upon the station and her crew.  The research has also attracted the unwanted attention of a new group of aliens and their masters and you'll need traverse infested corridors and climb through hatches to make your way through the level.   Do you have what it takes to subdue the infestation set loose on the quadrant and set the prime universe right again?  60 to 90 minutes of playtime will tell.

As with prior episodes, this mission's story has a lot of moving elements that can be hard to follow without having played the prior two missions in the trilogy, and it's recommended for continuity sake, that you play them in order.  This mission's strength is in it's suspense and action.  "Redacted 13", even more so than it's predecessors, delivers all of the special effects that the foundry has to offer, thereby delivering intense space and ground battles that some reviewers have likened to a Michael Bay movie.  The foundry tricks utilized are a plenty, allowing for seamless transitions from one environment to the next, without having to sit through lengthy map transfers.  You may lose your bridge officers once or twice during the mission, due to these effects, unless you keep them close by during these transitions and the mission will remind you to rally your officers before proceeding.  It's important to use your mini-map consistently in order to identify waypoints that progress the mission.  If you're looking for a series of action and combat oriented missions with a special effects wow factor, then this trilogy will likely be a good fit for you!

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “Rose Tinted Mirror”
  • Author : Isthisscience (@Thval)
  • LGBT : Same-sex relationship depicted
  • Duration : 45 - 60 minutes

Mission Review
The United Earth Space Probe Agency has requested assistance in investigating a security matter and they’ve asked for the help of you and your ship, by name.  Upon arriving at UESPA control, you learn that there had been a security breach at the satellite control facility on Titan, led by a small group of intruders, who broke into the facility for unknown reasons.  All but one of the intruders managed to escape the authorities but it’s an item recovered from that suspect that reveals your ship and crew to somehow be linked to the unfolding plot.  

The group of intruders will surface again as your investigation unfolds and you can count on them using every means at their disposal to prevent your interference in the execution of their well laid out plan.  Their carefully constructed scheme has them operating several steps ahead of you and has provided them with the additional advantage of control over the holographic data core on Luna.  You will be pitted against strong opponents on your quest to uncover the group’s plot and you’ll need to persevere through more than one ground-based phaser fight if you’re to see this mission through.

Ultimately you’ll discover that you’re in a race against the clock against unlikely a set of unlikely villains, to save the Federation and existence as you know it.  The Rose Tinted Mirror is a very story driven mission and although there are elements of both space and ground combat, players should be ready to immerse themselves in the mission the narrative to enjoy the full effect of the mission.  The mission will also have you encountering and working with a same-sex couple during the course of your assignment, and this open display of diversity among characters in a player created mission is very welcome.  Sit back with your favorite drink and enjoy this compelling story, but be sure to keep your hand phaser at the ready.

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “Shadows of the Past”
  • Author : @Backyardserenade
  • Duration : 60 - 75 minutes

Mission Review
You and your crew are dispatched by Starfleet to investigate the recent theft of a Bajoran Orb by the renegade Cardassian faction: theTrue Way.  Soon after being dispatched, you begin to realize that your involvement in this affair may not be a mere coincidence.  Your investigation will take you through time itself, and will challenge your belief in fate, as you witness the some of the darkest moments in Bajoran history unfold before you.  You’ll also uncover the story behind the seldom spoken past of one of Bajor’s most prominent religious figures.  Will your decisions unwittingly help to sow the seeds of a future threat?  Play “Shadows of the Past” to find out!

Backyardserenade delivers a phenomenally written, Bajoran-centric story that has its roots in the Deep Space Nine universe.  The intricately developed storyline easily rivals those being published by some of the best Foundry authors known to the community, despite this being the author’s first published mission.  This story would find itself at home, in the episodic line-up of the Deep Space Nine series.

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “The Spirits of Ramok Nor”
  • Author : @Alimac30
  • LGBT : Same-sex relationship referenced
  • Duration : 60 minutes

Mission Review
You and your crew have been dispatched to the Opaka medical facility on Bajor, to investigate reports of paranormal activity from horrified patients and staff.  Starfleet tends not to put much stalk in the occult, but the deeply spiritual Bajoran people are convinced that the supernatural occurrences are attributable to the facility's gruesome past.  You remain skeptical of the eyewitness accounts, but you're also under direct orders to use all deliberate tact so as not to offend the Bajorans, who are still reeling from the societal wounds suffered during the occupation.

This mission, however, seems eerily familiar, and you can't help but feel as though you've walked the halls of this decrepit institution before.  Wails of specters echo through the corridors, chanting unfamiliar words... "Rem kah... paledor!  Ra pon tala fos!"  Soon you'll be faced with some moral dilemmas and you'll have to decide just how far down the rabbit hole you're willing to go to uncover the truth of Ramok Nor.  Follow your pagh and do not waiver from the path that the Prophets have laid out for you, Captain!  

This mission is primarily story driven but includes some light ground combat as well as a puzzle.  The story is impeccably written and well thought out, with interesting dialogue choices that will impact how you experience the mission.  This mission is one of the original greats, published shortly after the foundry launched and has earned high praise throughout the foundry community for years.

Reviewer's note: Updates to the game since this mission was published may make locating the airlock from which your ship departs DS9 confusing, as it does not glow, nor is it marked on your mini-map, but it can be very simply found on the perimeter of the main level of the promenade.

Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

March 15 2015

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “Variance”
  • Series : 2 of 3 part mission series
  • Previous in Series : "Adrift"
  • Next in Series : "Redacted 13"
  • Video trailer :

Mission Review
This second mission in the series trilogy is a continuation of where "Adrift" left off.  Admiral Aaron of the U.S.S. Northstar has recruited you to travel back in time to prevent damage to the timeline that his mirror universe counterpart has planned, in his relentless effort to conquer the Federation.  Admiral Aaron's tenacious alter ego and his cronies are playing mad scientist, after having captured strange shadow beings from "dark space", an extra-dimensional realm of perpetual darkness.  Now he plans to splice the alien genome and unleash the resulting mis-creations on the prime universe in his deranged bid for ultimate power.  Beware, there are other galactic forces that have their own interests at heart.  Do you have what it takes to stop mirror Admiral Aaron before it's too late?

Variance is an action oriented mission designed to keep you on the edge of your seat.  The story can feel a little convoluted at times, especially if you haven't played the prequel to this mission, so be sure to play the trilogy in sequence.  Optional dialogue allows Captains to choose their degree of immersion in the story, granting you the ability to move the mission forward at a quicker pace, if you prefer.  Beautifully crafted custom environments employing foundry tricks to progress you from one environment to the next without actually having to load into a new map, moves the mission along seamlessly.  Expect both space and ground combat challenges, with greater emphasis on ground encounters.  If you like action based missions, you'll enjoy the 60 minute playtime that Variance offers!

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “The Wounded Wolf”
  • Author : Akrilon (@Voleron)
  • LGBT : Gay relationship story throughout
  • Duration : 60 minutes

Mission Review
“The Wounded Wolf” tasks you with tracking down a newly installed Starbase commander, who has reportedly gone rogue after militants from a nearby planet, launch an attack on station personnel.  The skeleton crew aboard the station is junior in service and largely inexperienced, and have found themselves ill-equipped to handle the growing situation.   Starfleet has dispatched you and your ship to the Trivas system in the Alpha Trianguli sector block, to locate Captain Wolf and to bring the situation under control.

The further you delve into the circumstances surrounding the Captain’s absence, the more it seems likely that Captain Wolf abandoned his post to embark on a mission of rage fuelled vengeance.  What you find even more troubling is a growing belief that Captain Wolf, in his reckless retaliation, has been interfering with the evolution of life on the planet below.  It seems impossible; a Starfleet Captain's most solemn oath is that he will give his life, even his entire crew, rather than violate the Prime Directive.   What could possibly have cause a once decorated Captain to abandon his oath and his principals?  You’ll find very little help from the fiercely loyal station crew as your investigation unfolds, but the reason soon becomes glaringly apparent.

You’ll need to rely on all of your experience as a ship Captain to resolve this mission, and your success will depend on a combination of ground and space combat prowess, puzzle solving skills and diplomacy.  Good luck, Captain!

Mission Details
  • Mission title : “Your Mission Has Ended”
  • Author : Isthisscience (@Thval)

Mission Review
“Your Mission has Ended”, is a unique piece of player made content in Star Trek Online, that separates itself from all the rest of the traditional shooter and objective based missions that you’re likely to encounter in abundance, in the foundry mission database.  Rather than venturing boldly into space on your next assignment from command, this story starts with your re-assignment to Starfleet Academy, following a failed mission that created diplomatic tension for the Federation, and cost unknown numbers of lives.  Admiral Quinn was less than impressed with your command performance, which he’s attributed in large part, to your aging faculties.  Forced into semi-retirement in disgrace, you’ll re-live the mission that tore you from the Captain’s chair, on the ship that you’d called home for the majority of your adult life.

Not only will you re-count that fateful mission to your new peers of aging mind and social graces at the Academy, but you’ll truly experience the feeling of a “no-win scenario” as you’re given the decisions to make, that will ultimately result in your stripped command.  As you struggle with the uncomfortable transition from space cowboy to desk jockey that your old age has brought, you begin to experience mental lapses and confusion that has you questioning what’s real and what’s not.  Is your very senility hanging in the balance?  Is a slow escalation of your frailty truly all that remains of your life... or are there other forces at play?  Was Admiral Quinn wrong?  Are you still significant?

“Your Mission has Ended” is an enthralling, story-driven, non-combat mission that gets you thinking about your future, and how you’ll adapt once your time in the Captain’s Chair has come to an end.  What usefulness will your years of experience have, and will you see the stars from space again?  I’d recommend heading to the costume editor and aging your Captain’s appearance before undertaking this mission, for the best feeling of immersion.  I found this mission to definitely be worth the 45 minute play time, and enjoyed the healthy distraction from the typical game play.

Unknown Person liked this
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

April 11 2019

With the sun setting of the Foundry in Star Trek Online taking effect today, this thread has been unpinned and will be archived in our forums for future reference.
2 people liked this