Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

Romario

Romario

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 13 2015
Just discovered this little gem. The titles of all three shows come from a scientific study into the male erection which divided the erection into a hardness scale consisting of tofu, peeled banana, banana, and cucumber.

Cucumber follows the story of one gay man( sort of); Banana is an anthology set within the same universe and sometimes minor characters from Cucumber, and Tofu is an accompanying documentary which is shown every week. I have to say, I've started watching and I love the shows!

Edited February 13 2015 by Romario

Unknown Person

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 13 2015
I'm really enjoying all 3 shows so far glad someone else is watching it too!

Some eye candy too.
Unknown Person liked this
Shawn Birch

Parker

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 13 2015
awwww sad it's not here in the US. Maybe one day!
Romario

Romario

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 13 2015
Quote by Parker

IIIIIiiiinterneeeeeeeetttttt! ;) :P
Liam

williamjaneway

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 13 2015
I haven't seen the tofu one but watching the other two and I prefer Cucumber over Banana
Cal

calx

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 14 2015
Quote by Parker

will there be a US version a la QAF USA?

cucumbersliced, bananasmoothie, tofusalad

Unknown Person

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 14 2015
I think it's highly likely that a US version will "pop up" eventually. :)
Romario

Romario

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 14 2015
Quote by Baothezar
I don't get these american remakes of U.K. shows. It's people who speak English. Why remake it? o_O

I never watched the American version of QaF, or the Office. Mainly because I had seen the British version before. I refuse to. There's another good show I'm watching called Broadchurch, which has one of the doctor who actors in it. I saw episode one of the US remake and it was almost verbatim scene for scene. But I still found it horrible.

Unknown Person

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 14 2015
Quote by Baothezar
I don't get these american remakes of U.K. shows. It's people who speak English. Why remake it? o_O

Cos we speak funneh.

There was something a while ago ... what it was escapes me ... there was two people speaking in English, one American and one British, and when they showed it in the states they had given the British person subtitles.

We also had the USA X-Factor where poor Cheryl Cole was given the boot after only a couple of weeks because she wasn't understandable.

It seems TV moving from US to UK has an easier transition than UK to US. I have often found the US counter-parts to be below par but thats maybe (lets face it, it probably is) personal bias.

That being said, if people enjoy the TV they are watching, all well that ends well.

Disclaimer: I love a lot of American-made TV and would never try to claim the UK is better at it. Just specifically shows that get remade US-versions tend to pale.
Edited February 14 2015 by Unknown Person
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 15 2015
Quote by Halish

We also had the USA X-Factor where poor Cheryl Cole was given the boot after only a couple of weeks because she wasn't understandable.

I must say that I need subtitles for Dex my Dept admiral, I never understand a word he says, hes from the same place Cheryl Fernandez Cole Varscenery.

Its the Same with "Kath & Kim" a great Australian show.. that only really works in Australian mannerisms,.. which makes it funny, but the American Version didnt work at all sadly :(

Unknown Person

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

February 27 2015

Cal

calx

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

March 01 2015
Quote by Halish

:O

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

March 14 2015
I'm really out of the loop. :P I need to watch these shows.
Edited March 14 2015 by nicholasjohn16
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

Cucumber, Banana, Tofu

March 16 2015
Both Cucumber And Banana are premiering in the US on Logo TV April 13th. :-)
Edited March 16 2015 by Vidannotaredshirt79