Imagine: Star Citizen

Marky

Raxxial

December 23 2014
Mates, we are largely here because we enjoy sci-fi to one degree or another... let me share with you something I backed as a kickstarter project and is enjoying great success. They just put out build 1.0 of their Arena Commander module and then this updated trailer.

Have a watch mates and imagine...

(Invalid video video code)
3 people liked this
Edited December 23 2014 by Raxxial

Unknown Person

December 23 2014
It's an amazing trailer :)
Cal

calx

December 23 2014
STO looks like a kids tv show now....
Unknown Person liked this
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

December 23 2014
It's milkshake brings all the nerds to the yard.
Kiera Skylar

LoonShy

December 23 2014
Looks gorgeous, but how will it actually play?
Marky

Raxxial

December 23 2014
Quote by Tlek

It does!

I play a little Arena Commander every day (AC at the moment consists of PvP and PvE dogfighting, a free flight mode in space and a racing module which is epic fun).

It uses correct Newtonian physics (you can black out from G force if you pull a super tight turn with your boost).

How it looks in the trailer is how it looks on my screen when I play mates!
3 people liked this
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

December 23 2014
Quote by Axis
Quote by Tlek

It does!

I play a little Arena Commander every day (AC at the moment consists of PvP and PvE dogfighting, a free flight mode in space and a racing module which is epic fun).

It uses correct Newtonian physics (you can black out from G force if you pull a super tight turn with your boost).

How it looks in the trailer is how it looks on my screen when I play mates!

*deep sigh* Look Axis, i know you mean well, but i really dont have the money for this right now. So do me a favor, pretend it sucks, and do some bitter complaining. kthnxbye. :P
Marky

Raxxial

December 23 2014
I wish I could mate but I really believe in this project, Chris Roberts made lots of the important games to me growing up, i.e. Wing Commander, Privateer and Freelancer.

He is the man to bring space faring games back to the limelight this is not just a space sim, it is a UNIVERSE SIM...
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

December 24 2014
Oh, i'm all over this (once i get out of being broke :laugh: )

I played Wing Commander II and III growing up, always an amazing experience. To see Chris Roberts expanding his vision into this game is magnificent.

Thanks for sharing!!
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

December 24 2014
Privateer *shivers* i had such hopes for it, could have been the first space MMO.
Marky

Raxxial

December 24 2014
Quote by Rasilek
Oh, i'm all over this (once i get out of being broke :laugh: )

I played Wing Commander II and III growing up, always an amazing experience. To see Chris Roberts expanding his vision into this game is magnificent.

Thanks for sharing!!

You're welcome mate, I had a chance to have a beer and a chat with Chris at PAX Australia a couple of months ago and he really inspired me to help him grow this community. The thing with a multiplayer online universe like this is, the more people that play it and contribute to the galactic economy the better it gets.
Marky

Raxxial

December 24 2014
So I've not seen this done in a space game before, the actual HUD is generated inside your helmet (a change made this week for Arena Commander 1.0).

First person

Third person
Kiera Skylar

LoonShy

December 24 2014
I kinda share Seannwboy's sentiment, the game looks amazing, but I simply can't afford it. :(
Cal

calx

December 24 2014
Quote by Tlek
I kinda share Seannwboy's sentiment, the game looks amazing, but I simply can't afford it. :(

I saw one pack is $15k :blink:
Marky

Raxxial

December 24 2014
Yeah that's the Completionist pack lol

I bought the $10,000 Wing Commander package ... *whistles* ...

Honestly though everything is earnable in game you can start with the cheaper starter ship and work your way up.

The Mustang Beta is one of the starters and is one of my favorite ships in the game :D
Edited December 24 2014 by Raxxial
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

December 24 2014
Axis is correct, there is a $30 pack that can get you in the game, and then you can earn the specific ships you really want, how hard that will be is currently unknown.
Joseph Baker

Jerran

January 02 2015
I'd been thinking of trying this ever since it was on kickstarter. I went with Elite Dangerous recently, which is similar, because it was an actual release. The ship packages are rather daunting, and I sure as hell am not paying $10k for something that can't drive in the real world.

Frozenlily

January 06 2015
The Shuttles/racers maybe? look like the ships from Destiny. The Space scenes and the ships as well as the combat scenes look like a take from EVE and STO (when the red part of the shields apeared looked like Tholion NPC Shields ;] ) and the ground combat, the people, and the buildings look like Mass Effect. A great combination that seems like what this game is inspired from :). Looks stunning and I would deffinatly get it
Angel

Angelsilhouette

March 15 2015
I love the idea of this game. I'm pretty tempted to get it, just can't afford it until I find another job. I really like that I've read that there is a PvP slider so that you can, if you like, not even see the open PvPers and just play PvE outside of lawless systems.