Defiance MMO (Based on the TV series, and a really fun game!)

Angel

Angelsilhouette

April 09 2014
I saw a sale on Steam for it a week or so ago and watched the little video clip for it and fell in love. Still a sceptic, I watched a few gameplay videos and made up my mind to get it and it is my new favourite game.

It is a buy to play game (about $10 on steam with the season pass going for as low as $13 on some sites) that combines so many of my favourite gaming elements, open world sandbox gameplay, third person shooter style gameplay (or sword slasher if you're more fond of that), MMORPG feel and cutscenes, purely aesthetic armour / outfits because there is no armour item only shields, post apocalyptic environment that comes fairly close to capturing what I felt in Fallout 3, and lots of fun vehicle types that you can get (many you can get right in the beginning, because it's a big place.)

And yes, you CAN get a Dodge Challenger like you see in the video. :3

And if anyone wants to pick up the game on PC, please let me send you an invite. If I get 5 people to play, I get a pickemup truck. ^.^

Edited April 10 2014 by Angelsilhouette
Angel

Angelsilhouette

Re: Defiance MMO (Based on the TV series, and a really fun game!)

April 10 2014
It genuinely is a fun game. I really can't get enough of it. :D I bought it and the season pass for all the DLC. ^.^

You can try it free with a trial account, but after that, it's a buy to play game. $10 on steam with the season pass DLC as low as $13 on some sites (edited the first post to reflect that, too). It does have an in game store where you spend bits to buy outfits, cars, etc. The exchange rate on the currency is about 80 bits to the US Dollar unless you buy it in quantity, then it is as much as 104 bits to the US Dollar.

Here's some gameplay, hopefully I can reel some of you folks in. :3

Edited April 10 2014 by Angelsilhouette
Sam

SamRonin

April 12 2014
I originally played this like crazy on Xbox 360 after a Total Biscuit WTF Is video.

I picked it up on PC in one of the sales as well but have never given it much time on here yet. Usually too busy in STO or Warframe. That and Diablo 3 of late as well.

I do enjoy Defiance and even sometimes just relax and watch the Aurora at night.

I kinda hope that the game will carry on for a good while yet, as much as I keep hearing sounds that the show wont finish or get renewed for a 3rd year most likely.
Philip Bower

DragonBAHR

April 12 2014
I played this game when it first came out and loved it! Sadly though I have not played it in sometime even though I keep getting emails telling me about all the cool new things I could be playing with.

Philip
Angel

Angelsilhouette

April 12 2014
The DLCs are nifty, but since I got them pretty soon after buying the game, I don't really know what it's like vanilla to tell you any differences.

I love this game, though. I also love the fact that it doesn't take very long for me to get to EGO rating 250 so I could run the coop map and get the EMC Heavy Armour costume. That one spoils me. :p
Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

April 14 2014
Maybe I'm misremembering, but in all seriousness, I thought the TV show was supposed to be a tie-in to the video game, rather than the other way around. I had thought that was a clever way to set things up, but again, I may be forgetful here.
Sam

SamRonin

April 14 2014
The show and game have loose tie ins. Supposedly to a greater extent in season 2. Season 1 was pretty loose. They would add a storyline mission to tie in the newest character in the tv show for instance. And I think a game characters face was added onto a wanted poster on the tv show.
Angel

Angelsilhouette

April 20 2014
Well the new DLC dropped the other day and has rendered some of the game unplayable, other parts unnecessarily difficult (2 full SMG magazines of 50+ rounds each unloaded into the head of a raider are often required to kill them.), but over all it seems that they've decided to turn it into a min/maxer. It used to be a fun, casual solo/coop game for me that didn't require too much thought, but now it demands that I learn game mechanics and min/maxing techniques; not so fun as it used to be, but it's still playable if you have friends.

On a more positive note, I dominated the time trial race courses and earned my black Challenger R/T. ^.^

Unknown Person

June 13 2014
We have a Stonewall Clan in game, come join us

rixter1978 is my handle

The game is now free to play http://www.defiance.com/en/my-ego/profile/free-to-play/

Oh and were on the North America server, hope to see some of you there :D
Unknown Person liked this

solarkraken

September 05 2014
I have been playing defiance since the beginning, I enjoy the game, despite whatever flaws it may have. I really like the way they made it where anyone can jump in and help out with the arkfalls and other instances and not require a level based system. I also have a challenger ingame, among other vehicles.
[attachment=2493]2011_dodge_challenger_r_t_classic-pic-4653385446700042299.jpg[/attachment]

Oh wait....that my real 2013 challenger....well a exact likeness, mine has tinted windows....:P
Unknown Person liked this

Unknown Person

September 06 2014
I've been meaning to watch that show, is it on Netflix? I unfortunately don't have room for yet another MMO in my life lol.
Angel

Angelsilhouette

March 19 2015
So after a year of not playing, I tried the game out, again and they have brought it back to being fun again. :) Back in and having fun! :D
Angel

Angelsilhouette

March 20 2015
Definitely fun again. I did some arkfalls and soloed some.. um... what'sits. Like where you go in and free dockworkers or turn off turrets at a mine and defend a miner from hellbugs.

Does anyone still play?
Quinlan

Qmonster

April 20 2015
I've been thinking about re-installing this for a while. The show tickles my fancy, but I haven't played this in almost a year.

Unknown Person

April 20 2015
I've been playing this again on a semi-regular basis. Having fun going through the season two episodes!

I've ran into a few bugs which is a shame because they ruin what otherwise is a high quality mmo.

The only thing I wish is that head-shots to none-boss npcs did more damage.
Angel

Angelsilhouette

July 05 2015
Head shots used to do more damage, but people complained that the game was too easy so they ramped up the difficulty. It was ridiculous for a while, but the difficulty has come back down to a manageable level.