Music?

Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Music?

January 12 2013
Hello, all.

I recently began to put together themed podcast-style playlists for posting online regularly. I've personally dubbed it the "Cascade Series." To date, I have two 30 minute sets of assorted rock, acoustic, and some electronic peppered in. While you won't hear a whole lot of pop, i may occasionally feature some more popular artists from time to time.

Link:
http://tinyurl.com/b9vbh6m

Currently featured at the above link is the 2nd set themed/titled as: "State of the New Year" as more/less a personal exploration of the worst and best of humanity (in that order) through an eclectic spectrum of rock and down-tempo rhythms; Said differently, a Winter-geared set telling of the world's dark shenanigans of power, deceit, lust, rage, and recklessness before moving on to the more brighter realms of childhood wonder, love, hope, and perseverance.

As I mentioned to my facebook audience: May this year bring better days through the dreams of the latter vice the nightmares of the former.

----
"Cascade 1" is in its own folder at the same link, laid out in the same fashion with it's list as a jpeg. No real title at it just served as a "debut" playlist, but its theme was simply geared towards the Closing out of 2012 as a year-end reflection, reminders to me of the important things in life that hold true after an otherwise challenging year.

Again, probably not everyone's preferred musical repitoire' but, simply put, as a passionate music lover I thought I would share it here for those interested in tunes that provoke strong thoughts and emotions. Or just to groove to. B)

I'll share new sets here as I mix/post more.

Enjoy!
Steve
8 people liked this
Edited February 10 2013 by Rasilek
Bren Ohmsford

Bren

Re: Music?

February 01 2013
Thanks for these! I really loved State of The New Year. That Thievery Corporation track took me back almost ten years! Quite a nostalgic revisit. :) I really enjoy your taste in music and I look forward to hearing more, when you get around to making them.

Listening to these, it reminded me of the mixes that I'd been working on at 8tracks, but never finished. So today I finished one for a change.

Last year (2012) was quite a rough year for me. I was living up in the mountains and it can get quite lonely there, even though it's very beautiful. These are some songs that helped me get through the year. The mix is called Melancholy Mountains, so feel free to have a listen if you like. http://8tracks.com/frantaljaard/melancholy-mountains

Thanks again for sharing your mixes!
2 people liked this
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

February 10 2013

Cascade Series - Set 3 is available for download at: http://tinyurl.com/b9vbh6m

As the original songs and their artists are listed above, I created this set to lend a sort of imaginative take on the in-game DOFF assignment, "Authorize a Shipboard Concert." This set includes some of my personal favorite live performances, but envisioning them covered in the 25th century to create a memorable event on board a starship.

With the prelude below, I hope you enjoy it.
-----------
The night called for sound.

Upon authorization of a Shipboard Concert by her captain, the crew of the U.S.S. Eno was humbled to put on a show.

Under no specific rules of said authorization for this special evening, the Eno's crew and company held no restraint in a converting its grand shuttle bay into a performance hall for a night. With the help of Vulcan-engineered sound technology calibrated to the acoustics of the spacious layout, the stage itself was set in front of the bay doors.

Her captain never objected.

Presenting tonight were officers, crewman, and civilians alike. They quietly came and left the stage as to sound-check and tune under the subtle, pre-show stagelight. The performers had practiced hard for what they hoped would be one of the greatest collective acts in the galaxy.

Upon limited invitation, spectators com aboard in steady numbers and enter the temporary hall. Murmurs of excitement and anticipation grow as the crowd gathered to the floor seating. The reinforced balconies above built along the walls of the bay steadily become settled as well. The shuttlecraft normally here are meanwhile deployed in reverse course from the ship to further amplify the broadcast of the show in the best definition possible via nearby relay stations.

The Eno orbits gracefully above an uninhabited planet; they were away from war, away from home.

The performers conclude the preparations by re-checking arrangements with their respective band-mates once more. A civilian Betazoid man and wife tune their voices for the opening act. Among others, a young Bolian lieutenant of the starship Alero does the same while her own ship's captain, scheduled to perform both before and alongside, tunes his guitar alongside their band.

Of passion, of diversity, of defiance, of love and of rythym: All was game tonight. A night for all amidst the great frontier.

The lights dim before the stage lighting and ambient holographic effects come to. The bay doors open slowly to reveal a wide, vivid backdrop of an unknown world below against the distant suns beyond. This planet's sun would soon rise. This moment, the crew hoped, would serve sublime as the array of melodies to follow...
2 people liked this
Edited February 10 2013 by Rasilek
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

March 08 2013
Cascade 4 music set is available for download at: tinyurl.com/b9vbh6m

Photography by yours truly.

4 - Transcension Mix

I was recently reading about the upcoming release of the Star Wars: TOR 2.0 expansion and its inclusion of "same-gender romance" (“SGR” as Bioware puts it) in the game. It would seem that a paid package with special emotes will give players access to one single planet that exclusively enables "SGR" content.

As "straight" romance exists throughout the game, needless to say that this confinement to one place in the universe for a gay character to indulge in romance infuriated me, as I imagined it did many of you. I hold the opinion that whatever good intentions the developers at BioWare claim to have for the GLBT community, the planet Makeb only lends credence the status quo in the real world, where once again political correctness outweighs consideration for the human being.

All that being said and with respect to this playlist I share with you here, I am again reminded of why music means so much to me in the first place, and why melodies and lyric help me to chill the f&*# out about these things and remember that it’s going to be OK.

I feel the songs selected here speak to our experiences, the universal experiences that every human being shares on some level through every intimate relationship, of happiness, passion, and trial.

Save taking advantage of weakness, right and wrong are irrelevant. What truly remains within all of us is the real human connection that shall always resonate light-years beyond any moral stigma.

Enjoy, and thanks for listening. ;)
Steve
3 people liked this
Edited March 08 2013 by Rasilek
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

March 08 2013
Listened to the "shipboard concert" last night while working away on the forum event. Made for good listening - thanks, Ras! :)
Unknown Person liked this
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

May 27 2013

Cascade 5 - Transit Lounge Playlist

My 5th arrangement is available for download here. Journeys in between; no more, nor less. Also, pardon my amateur mixing skills.

Thanks again for letting me share here, Summer is well on the way and so are teh jams.

Thanks for listening, :)
Steve

P.S.: As with any material posted here, the above is likely best experienced with headphones/buds.
2 people liked this
Edited May 27 2013 by Rasilek
Christopher

Telsekk

May 27 2013
How can I get into this:-) I love mixing/ matching songs.
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

May 27 2013
Sweet

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

May 27 2013
Quote by Telsekk
How can I get into this:-) I love mixing/ matching songs.

I use a software product called MixMeister (an older version) where I pick and arrange songs, and also sometimes mix them to create seamless transitioning between tracks. I've had a lot of fun with it to where it's become sort of a hobby, so I put out a podcast-style mp3 about every month or so.

The graphics for each playlist are done in Photoshop, and using (mostly) my own photography and screenshots. :)
Edited July 15 2014 by Rasilek
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

October 06 2013
*Blows dust off the thread* :)
I'm way overdue for one of these but here it finally is, my newest themed playlist of arranged songs, podcast-style.

The mp3 is available for download along with previous at http://tinyurl.com/b9vbh6m

For this one, I put focus on tunes that provoke my own imagination and emotion that accompany my love for exploration and the night sky. While Star Trek ignited this passion at a very young age, still to this day I consider the universe as a whole, our place within it, and just wonder about what is and what could be.

So, mixed with some rock of a cosmic flavor for your cruise through the frontier in STO or otherwise, enjoy above all, and thanks for listening.

Best,
Steve
2 people liked this
Edited October 06 2013 by Rasilek
Volkrov (Eurrsk) Ruk

Eurrsk

October 06 2013

*Blows dust off the thread*
I'm way overdue for one of these but here it finally is, my newest themed playlist of arranged songs, podcast-style.

These song choices were, beutiful Steve!!! Thank you so much for sharing. Love this stuff!! :D
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

October 07 2013
Downloading the "Night" compilation now! Thanks for posting these, Ras.. always very much enjoy them!
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

October 25 2013
*2014 RE-RELEASE*

Original Image by DeviantArt

"Shiver" is now available for download at this link.

Here's a 40-minute spook-flavored playlist with a touch of dark romance for my 7th set themed for the holiday. I hope you enjoy.

EDIT: As my personal favorite from all of my Cascade series, I have re-released "Shiver" for 2014. To further enhance the chill nearing you, several more tracks have been added. *lights go out* :evil:

Best experienced with headphones.

Enjoy the chill, and Happy Halloween!

S-
6 people liked this
Edited October 20 2014 by Rasilek
Volkrov (Eurrsk) Ruk

Eurrsk

October 26 2013
asdfghl Dave Matthews! Michael Jackson! Great selection, Steve! Thanks for sharing this! *spooky hug squeezes* Hehe, I knew Thriller was gonna be in it somewhere! :evil:

Also, awesome playlist cover! :D
Edited October 26 2013 by Eurrsk
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

February 03 2014

My 8th podcast is available for download here: tinyurl.com/b9vbh6m

Sort of along the lines of the "Night" playlist (No. 6) I posted previously, This one goes a little more in-depth in the spirit of adventure and curiosity.

To those who enjoy venturing out into uncharted star clusters to find those new worlds, or just people who live to see more, this one is dedicated to you.

Enjoy. Never stop exploring. :)

Steve
3 people liked this
Edited October 01 2014 by Rasilek
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

February 03 2014
Oooo, always look forward to these! Will be my game music for the next few days!

Thanks Steve :D
Volkrov (Eurrsk) Ruk

Eurrsk

February 03 2014
*Squee* omg omg omg! :woohoo: Eldorado! :laugh:

Awesomeness! Really digging it so far! Thanks, Steve!! B)

Beautiful cover, btw!
Zander Hawk

Zander_Hawk

February 03 2014
DJ turn it up! Amazing work! Thank you so much :)
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

February 04 2014
The following tags have been nested in the wrong order: quote
chuckled as I started hearing someone speaking german and turned off my player in mid sentence, only to realize it was your playlist :D

Ahahaha! Yes, i've found Tosca has a way with messing with your head while you're doing other things like, well, gaming. :laugh: A lot of their "Suzuki" album features that sorta thing and they often wrap ambient voices around their beats. Good stuff.

Yes, please help yourselves to what I have up thus far! While I know that not all of it may align with everyone's musical tastes(and i could never hope to aim to), rather I merely compile these in hopes to offer something different and provocative through songs built with strong lyrics, rhythm, vocal and instrumental prowess.

Thx for listening, and thanks for posting! I already have the next one started. Feel free to PM me as well with any requests or recommendations.

Above all, I hope these serve as a companion for you as they have for me, past and present.

More to come...
Steve
Edited October 09 2014 by Rasilek
Steven Skeffington

Rasilek

Music?

July 14 2014
Pride and Revelry, as featured during Stonewall's 5th Annual Pride Event, is now available for download here.

I hope everyone enjoyed their local Pride festivities this summer as well as Stonewall Fleet’s own celebration. I want to personally extend my thanks and appreciation to all who contributed in putting together another truly amazing event!

I always look forward to Stonewall’s annual event and have always wanted to attempt a music set for the occasion. So this year, in dedication to all of you among our epic community, I present a festive, continuous set of remixes featuring artists spanning the decades.

It fills my heart to see people partying, energized by music, and having a good time. I look forward to many more!

All my best, all the love, and thank you all again for another amazing weekend. Enjoy the rest of your summer!!
5 people liked this
Edited July 15 2014 by Rasilek