Falling Skies

Falling Skies

June 29 2011
Has anyone else been watching Falling Skies on TNT?

I had been looking forward to it for sometime and now that it's begun, I'm pretty impressed by it. I'm enjoy each episode more and more. I've started reading the Web Comic to get more of the back story.
JT

Varel

Re: Falling Skies

June 29 2011
I know MarkNine and I have watched the first episode of it and were really impressed. We tend to not watch live TV and prefer to DVR our favorite shows and watch them with meals and stuff. I hope it succeeds and actually pans out to a full season rather than being cut short like so many shows.
Dave

Altimus

June 29 2011
I liked the first episode. It's got a lot going for it at the moment. I want to know more, but i'm not quite sure where to start. I guess that's a good thing!
Will Tubbert

MarkNine

June 29 2011
Agreed. I have been anticipating this show and kept hoping it wasn't going to be some corny Siffy (SyFy) wannabe. I was pleasantly surprised with the first two episode (the premiere 2-hour) and look forward to sitting down with the third in the next day or two.

Like Mikey said, I hope it gets it's fair chance at a full run. I keep sharing my old favorite shows with Mike that didn't quite make it through their entire story (Firefly, Earth 2 so far, with The 4400 to follow).

June 29 2011
The premier had 5.9 million viewers according the Nielson and the next week they had 4.2 million. That's not bad at all if they can keep the numbers up that high. Hopefully, it'll be allowed to run it's entire storyline. Earth 2 was amazing; it still pains me that it got canceled.
Will Tubbert

MarkNine

June 29 2011
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Earth 2 was amazing; it still pains me that it got canceled.

We've been watching it Netflix Instant Streaming, unlike most SciFi of it's era, I personally don't believe it shows it's age. No hokey technologies or lines of technobabble. It was spotless until there was one attempted CGI effect to create an explosion that was just horrendous. Even some of the tougher bits of the Terrians or human/Terrian characters coming in and out of the ground (mostly) appears completely believable.

If this show aired today on SyFy or TNT, I think it'd do very well.
Edited June 29 2011 by MarkNine

Rickster

June 30 2011
I've watched the first few episodes.

So far I've been enjoying it. But, it hits me that it's basically a remake of the "Walking Dead" series... except the replaced the apocalyptic dead world with the apocalyptic alien invasion world.

Either way.... I enjoy it so far. Go Aliens... and Zombies! LOL :D
Angel

Angelsilhouette

August 07 2013
I only just got into the series. I tried watching the first episode ages ago, but got turned off by the first 5 minutes of it and turned it off. Decided to try again, last week and Amazon helpfully offered to let me resume viewing from the point where I got annoyed and turned it off (so I could avoid the part that annoyed me) and I quite liked it.

So much that I had to binge watch it until I got up to the end of the current series. (Yay for Video On Demand).

Now I'm jonesing for the next series and it doesn't start until next summer. >.
Unknown Person liked this
GeoM68

GeoM68

August 08 2013
I started watching at beginning of season 2 and 3 just end I totally love it can't wait til next season :)

August 09 2013
Falling Skies is an amazing show! I love it. This season was a bit of a let down imo. I don't think it was as good as the previous two, but I'm still very addicted! I can't wait for the fourth season to start. These shows with only ten episodes per season kill me, but they're soo good!
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

August 09 2013
Quote by NicholasJohn16
Falling Skies is an amazing show! I love it. This season was a bit of a let down imo. I don't think it was as good as the previous two, but I'm still very addicted! I can't wait for the fourth season to start. These shows with only ten episodes per season kill me, but they're soo good!

There will be 12 episodes next season!!!!!!!! :-) And this season was kind of a snoozer. Especially the finale.

Farwell Falling Skies

September 01 2015
Welp, five seasons is a pretty good run for sci-fi series now a days. I think it did very well, albeit meandering a bit in the two seasons. It was a great show and its fantastic that they actually wrapped things up pretty well in the finale.

I think the final message, that the knowledge that we aren't alone in the universe and that it'd unite all of humanity, is a good one and was a great way to end the series. I wish there was one last episode to show the rebuilding of the planet, maybe even us reverse engineering Espheni tech and expanding into space, but there'd never be funding for a episode like that for a show that's ending.

What did you all think of the finale?

PS: Vidan, I told you Pope wasn't dead. :P
2 people liked this
Antonio V

Vidannotaredshirt79

Falling Skies

September 01 2015
Yeah yeah yeah but he looked dead. :-P It was an okay series finale. I would have liked to see some rebuilding too and maybe space exploration.