World of Tanks

Angel

Angelsilhouette

World of Tanks

January 19 2011
http://www.worldoftanks.com/

So someone pointed me towards World of Tanks a couple of weeks ago and I've been fighting the addiction ever since. >.
Edited January 19 2011 by Angelsilhouette
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

Re: World of Tanks

January 19 2011
I have been very curious about this game, thanks for sharing.:woohoo:
Angel

Angelsilhouette

January 19 2011
My pleasure :)

Here are some tips I picked up early on:

• Movement and firing flags you to the enemy if they are within detection range.
  • Hiding in hedges helps you camouflage.
  • Softening the armour on an enemy tank is basically asking for someone to steal your kill, but you get more XP for the damage than the actual kill. :)
  • Whilst sitting still in a shrub and targeting an enemy armour, wait for the targeting circle to tighten up to ensure you have a better shot. Keep in mind, though, that they will see you if they are close enough.
  • Your firing arc is realistic. Trying to fire over short walls is OK, but only if your gun barrel is higher than the wall, firing down from a hill is OK only if your entire tank is angled downward; if you are level, your gun will not track down beyond a certain angle.
  • Your turret tracks much more slowly than your camera pans. Don't waste shells trying to shoot something until your gun has lined up.
  • Driving up hills is a slow, arduous process. Research and purchase stronger engines.
  • (If you play SPG) Your artillery will have better range if you park on an uphill incline, but you will lose the ability to fire on short range opponents.
  • Upgrading your suspension allows your tank to turn faster, upgrading your turret allows faster tracking as well as better view range
  • Upgrading your radio allows you to broadcast enemy locations further so that your teammates within range of your radio can see them on the map. (And SPGs to target them from further away).

I'm dead chuffed about this game, too, so I'll be happy answer any questions about it. ^.^

My handle there is the same as here. :) Look me up once you're in. ^.^ If we get enough pipplez we can form a platoon. :D
Edited January 20 2011 by Angelsilhouette
Kidd Kasper

kiddkasper

January 21 2011
OMG, Angel, you are EVIL!

I got accepted into the beta and
Angel

Angelsilhouette

January 21 2011
The following tags have no closing tag: quote
OMG, Angel, you are EVIL!

I got accepted into the beta and
Edited January 22 2011 by Angelsilhouette
Angel

Angelsilhouette

January 23 2011
Picture of my new baby. ^.^

And of the new howitzer I have to have to work my way up the SPG chain:

Kidd Kasper

kiddkasper

January 24 2011
ew, I can't really stand to drive a M37, especially after running some German arty. I'm loving the Grille right now though. :P
Angel

Angelsilhouette

January 24 2011
Quote by kiddkasper
ew, I can't really stand to drive a M37, especially after running some German arty. I'm loving the Grille right now though. :P

I can't remember, is the grille before or after the Wespe? (The one that turned me off to German Artillery)

I only went with the M37 because I liked the T57 so much. Figured it would be roughly similar.. Boy was I wrong. But I bought my targeter and loader team up to 75% skill, so they do load a bit more quickly and target faster. Though I still have to wait ages for the reticule to tighten up before I can fire, and everyone else seems to be WAY more accurate than me most of the time. >.
Angel

Angelsilhouette

January 26 2011
Open beta for WoT is starting soon, so no more applying. ^.^
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

January 27 2011
Got my email last nite, guess i have to download the client so i can alternate between STO pewpew and WOT boomboom.
Angel

Angelsilhouette

January 28 2011
Quote by Seannewboy
Got my email last nite, guess i have to download the client so i can alternate between STO pewpew and WOT boomboom.

Wooo! :D I'll add you when I get home. ^.^ I also got my premium acct last night, so I can form a platoon if'n we wants. ^.^
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

January 28 2011
Played 2 battles, have no clue whatsoever, lol.
I have no idea what the credits and gold are for or how to earn them.
Angel

Angelsilhouette

January 28 2011
Quote by Seannewboy
Played 2 battles, have no clue whatsoever, lol.
I have no idea what the credits and gold are for or how to earn them.

With XP you research new parts for your tank. With credits you buy those new parts or new tanks. With gold... Well.. You can use gold for a bunch of different things. There are several "premium" (aka crap if you ask any of the people I've asked) tanks, you can buy "premium" ammo, you can train your tank crews with gold, you can convert gold to credits, you can convert free XP on a tank you've made elite with gold or you can buy a premium account with gold.

You get 150 gold every day at midnight GMT. While you have a premium account, you get 150% credits and XP from every battle. (250 gold for 1 day of premium, 750 for 3 days, 1500 for a week and 2500 for a month.)

Is your in game name the same as your forum name, here?
Edited January 28 2011 by Angelsilhouette
Angel

Angelsilhouette

February 01 2011
After playing with the platoon thing, I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't permanent. If you have premium, you can create a platoon, invite others into it and then battle with them all on the same team. The platoon will stay active until you dismiss it or until you log out. After that, it appears to dissolve.

So no Stonewall Platoon. >.
Margali I Only Have 1 Name

Margali13

February 02 2011
I don't usually like pvp games, but I have to admit, This game is fun :)

In game I'm Peregrine_Lee
Edited February 02 2011 by Margali13
Angel

Angelsilhouette

February 03 2011
Quote by Margali13
I don't usually like pvp games, but I have to admit, This game is fun :)

In game I'm Peregrine_Lee

Yay Mar!

^.^

Though... Seeing as STO launched its 1 year anniversary event today, I expect I'd find you in STO rather than WoT. :3
Margali I Only Have 1 Name

Margali13

February 03 2011
Well, I'd like to be playing STO, but I an having troubles with it.
First the patch took forever, then when I logged into ESD, it lagged really bad, then I got a BSD crash.
I thought, its been a while since I did a driver update, and by the time I got that done, the game was down for emergency maintenance.

What the hey?
Angel

Angelsilhouette

February 03 2011
Quote by Margali13
Well, I'd like to be playing STO, but I an having troubles with it.
First the patch took forever, then when I logged into ESD, it lagged really bad, then I got a BSD crash.
I thought, its been a while since I did a driver update, and by the time I got that done, the game was down for emergency maintenance.

What the hey?

I imagine the lag was from everyone, their mothers and their pet gerbils logging on for the event. : p
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

February 05 2011
and yes same name, the anniversary events have been keeping me from it though.
Seannewboy

Seannewboy

February 06 2011
Played some during the sto server down event, really liking the beta.