Swearing - an apology.

Ian M. Walker

Michlo

Swearing - an apology.

July 26 2019
Greetings.

Today in therapy one of the things we delved into is my dislike of swearing/cursing.  I've always had it.  I am a tad reserved on some counts but for this, we concluded that it is a trigger to some of my childhood trauma.  

That is on me and is my problem, though, nobody else's.

So to anybody I've ever annoyed with comments about swearing on Discord or in-game, I apologise.  Whilst I would hope we don't have too much of it, I shall do my best to just ignore it from now on.

Thank you.
5 people liked this
Rich Ryan

thunderfoot1007

Swearing - an apology.

July 27 2019
Why are you apologizing for this? I see no good reason for you to do such a thing. 

This isn't on you at all. Or at least only on you. I swear. A lot. As in I have been asked upon occasion if I flush my mouth before I eat with it. Does not bother me at all to exercise a little restraint and decorum around you. I am glad to do so on your behalf. Because I benefit as well.

In fact, doing so is very good for me.

What was Colin Furth's line from Kingsman? 'Manners maketh Man.' Yeah, that is it. Great line.

Language is a precision instrument. Whether in spoken or printed form. If I rely upon F-bombs to express everything I think or feel, my thinking becomes sloppy. My emotions become one dimensional. And I become just like nearly everyone else on the internet.

One more thing: 
I get irritated when people apologize for being themselves. Regardless of how or why they became who they are. The only person in all of the human race you owe any sort of apology to is the person you look at in the mirror every morning. As long as that guy is okay with who you are, the opinions of the rest of us count for less than nothing. I cannot speak for others here, but you owe me no apology for being yourself. 

Read that stuff you posted on Discord about when your 'adult life' began. You tried to help another human being out of a bad place they went into. This makes you a force for Good on the planet. It also makes you someone I proudly respect. Most people would not even try in such a situation. You obviously made a sincere effort despite the odds against you. I may have read too much into what you posted but somehow I don't think I did. Bravo and Well Done for making an effort to bring someone back into the Light. Especially these days. When so many just walk by and then publicly condemn someone for failing to help themselves when they are unable to do so.

You go on being you. Suits you to a "T". And if anyone gives you grief about it, call me. I'll provide backup. And may God have mercy on their soul. Because I can guarantee I will not. 

"The fields of fire from the moral high ground are magnificent!"
Unknown Person liked this
Edited July 28 2019 by thunderfoot1007
Ian M. Walker

Michlo

Swearing - an apology.

July 27 2019
Thank you, Thunder, that was very kind of you.  It made my eyes malfunction.
I shall ponder what you have said.
Rich Ryan

thunderfoot1007

Swearing - an apology.

July 27 2019
What? Moi? Kind? Surely, you jest. 

I do not have a kind bone in my body and my feelings were surgically removed years ago, rofl.

All I did was point out a little bit of truth. And isn't truth supposed to set us free?

You're alright in my book. And I can afford to be picky about who I say that about. 
Unknown Person liked this