DaytimePride19

Matt Litchfield

H4z

DaytimePride19

May 01 2019
Hello fleeties. (said in my best River Song voice)

Very long time no chat.  I started playing STO again with the Age of Discovery expansion.  I haven't been active in chat much but I am so glad to see the fleet enduring!  The site has changed so much since I last posted so apologies if this isn't in the right spot.

While not gaming related, I wanted to share something that might be of interest to some folks.

Over the years my husband and I have been enjoying attending various conventions.  Most of them are typically sci-fi related but there have been a several soap opera related ones too.  Through all of these, while there has been some representation of LGBTQ characters/actors/artists, we've never encountered an event specifically recognizing the community's representation in entertainment & media.

Now while my domain is much more gaming, sci-fi, etc, my husband has been a fan of several soaps.  For years he followed As The World Turns specifically to follow the story of Luke & Noah, daytime's first on-going featured same sex couple.  Following the cancellation of that long running series, he began watching Days of our Lives which started to feature another same sex couple; Will and Sonny.

Don't ask me how he managed to pull all of this off in less than a year but this Summer, June 29th, we are presenting Daytime Pride, a fan event dedicated to LGBTQ characters (and some actors) that have appeared in daytime programming.

Additionally, I've set up a promo code for my fleeties for the purchase of either Silver or Gold tickets at a 10% discount.  I realize there isn't a huge overlap between soaps and gaming but ya never know.  Use STONEWALL in the promo code field to apply the discount.  Please note that the use of the code is limited to 10 tickets as seats are limited.  Tickets are on sale while they last but will be cut off by the end of May.

More information, as well as ticket purchasing, is at https://www.spectrumcelebrityevents.com/
We're on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, & Tumblr as SpectrumCeleb

Proceeds from this event will be donated to True Colors United.

As a side note, if you ever catch me saying something in chat like, "I think I'm going to try Operation Gamma again." please just phaser me in the face.  Thanks.
More importantly, if you do attend, please let me know so I have someone(s) to geek out with while all the soapies do their thing.
3 people liked this
BanaqH [TA]

Banaqh

DaytimePride19

May 01 2019
Very nice intitative, I don't live in the US but I reckon more guests will be added at this or a future event? Certainly there must be more!
But perhaps you want to start small... anyhow, I think its a noble intiative. Would love to see our Star Trek: Discovery LGBT+ heroes at such an event too!
2 people liked this
Matt Litchfield

H4z

DaytimePride19

May 01 2019
Across the board, yes, there are so many individuals to spotlight.  Of course, this is our first venture so scale is definitely a major factor.  Those in Television are typically more accessible both in scheduling & cost.  Those in Movies or long established careers, say Ellen for example, are in extreme demand and as such have more restrictive schedules and obviously higher costs.
Due to some connections developed over the last few years we were able to start in the area of daytime programming here in the US.  Depending on how this goes, who knows?  I can say that on such a small scale, this has been a daily discussion since late 2018 and quite a lot of time in various points of communication. I can only imagine something like San Diego Comic Con would take many teams of people, 365 days a year, to make happen and that's not counting the operational needs during an event that enormous.
Brian Klotz

DrTheopolis

DaytimePride19

May 01 2019
Won't be able to make this due to commitments but well done for putting this together!

p.s. I had the BIGGEST crush on Noah way back when. So dreamy!
Unknown Person liked this
Matt Litchfield

H4z

DaytimePride19

May 01 2019
Personally, Jake "is not my type" but I cannot deny that he is a cutie.  More so, he's such a cool guy in person which is always a very attractive quality.  Got to meet him a couple of times at the last two ATWT fan luncheons in NYC when the show was still on the air. My husband backed one of Van's projects in 2014/15 and one of the perks was we got to have lunch/dinner with Van the next time we visited NYC.
Dave (Voleron)

Voleron

DaytimePride19

May 02 2019
Very cool!  Mind if we put this out on our social media sometime next week?

Unknown Person liked this
Matt Litchfield

H4z

DaytimePride19

May 02 2019
By all means.  Thanks.
Matt Litchfield

H4z

DaytimePride19

May 18 2019
Ok, Operation Gamma sucks.  It has a competitor, Dust To Dust maze.