Mass Effect Andromeda

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 23 2017
Like many of you, I'm a big #MassEffect fan and I'm looking forward to the next installment, #Andromeda.

Is Origin pretty much going to be a requirement? I'm thinking about pre-ordering it, but wanted to make sure I don't get locked into Origin if I don't need to be.
2 people liked this
Edited February 23 2017 by nicholasjohn16
Sej @Ereiid

Ereiid

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 23 2017
It's looking like it's gonna publish only on Origin, from what I'm reading. Hold off, if you want - but at the very least, it looks like Origin will be a requirement for pre-ordering, and then their upgraded version for early access (all of 10 hours, woo).
Unknown Person liked this
Ben

Gravity

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 23 2017
Origin is required 100% but origin is a solid platform these days, i have no problem with it at all.
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 23 2017
Ive got my EA access membership already for the Xbox (the real and original birthplace M.E) to play my 10 hours on the 16th.
but Im mighty peed off that the European & UK (are we still in Europe?) full game comes out 2 days after America. GRRRRR!!

EA will push everything on Origin agreed, they are tight fisted.. like Google is to Microsoft

#Andromeda

Side note.. im running Mass effect 3 again just to get my juices flowing for the release.

Edited February 24 2017 by GXV3
A.J.

xochild

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 24 2017
Origin is required, but, the pre-order packs with "exclusives" will be available up to the Friday after launch. So if you're one of the "I don't pre-order" or "because of Battlefront (2015) I refuse to pre-order from EA until Battlefront 2 releases" (like me) camps, then you can still buy one of those packs and not have it count as a pre-order.

I was looking at the packs anyway, and it seems like the only real difference between the second and third tiers are multiplayer "boosts". Which from what I've seen, seems to be the packages you buy in the store during Mass Effect 3's multiplayer AKA loot crates. So if that's worth an extra thirty quid to you, then go for it.

I played through all three games in December after I went through some surgery and was recovering, just to get ready for Andromeda.

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 24 2017
They're giving away Mass Effect 2 on Origin right now as part of their "On the House" promo. I already have Mass Effect 3 on there. Might as well have the whole series in one place.

Yeah, the Deluxe version looks like the best value to me. Only $10 more than Standard and you're only missing out on those bonus packs that seem to be for coop.
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 24 2017
I just found out this pc probably can run MEA decently. I immediately pre-ordered that shit! :P
Anyone care for some multiplayer once we've completed the singleplayer campaign once?
Edited February 24 2017 by Lars_Zandor
A.J.

xochild

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 24 2017
Tbh, as much as I enjoy ME games and 3's multiplayer, how massively unbalanced it is between new players and established ones ruin the fun. So I'll probably give multiplayer a miss on Andromeda.
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 26 2017
Whelp, small question about the release date. According to Origin, it is released at the 23rd of March at 12.00 AM for me. Does that mean midnight on the night from Wednesday to Thursday or midnight on the night from Thursday to Friday?
A.J.

xochild

Mass Effect Andromeda

February 26 2017
I think I heard something about pre-ordering where Origin will 'pre-download' it or summat so you can start to play it right when it's released.

EU release: 23 March, 2017
NA release: 21 March, 2017

Mass Effect Andromeda

March 02 2017
EA is currently having a 75% Off sale on Origin. If you haven't played the previous Mass Effect games, now's a good chance to grab them. The original is only $3.74 and the second is still free as part of the On The House giveaways.
2 people liked this
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Mass Effect Andromeda

March 10 2017
Official Trailer mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!

The Exploration in this sounds so much fun which helps you progress and wake up the cryo sleepers until you gather enough resources.

Can I politely ask though... as the Game comes out on 21st for Canada and USA... The UK, Europe, Australia etc etc wont be able to play until 23rd (midnight) :( , so try to contain the spoilers in a spoiler box.

Edited March 10 2017 by GXV3
Sej @Ereiid

Ereiid

Mass Effect Andromeda

March 11 2017
Spoiler:
3 people liked this
Edited March 11 2017 by nicholasjohn16
Nicolas J. Artley

Khazaan

Mass Effect Andromeda

March 12 2017
I like the song of the Trailer. Anyone knows, if the soundtrack will be available to buy and if its an official part of the OST?

"I'm only human after all ..." :p

EDIT: I could answer me after looking onto the summary below the vid direcly on YouTube ...

“Human”
Rag’n’Bone Man
Written by Graham Rory and Jamie Hartman
Published by Warner Chappell and Reservoir 416 (BMI)
Recording courtesy of SME UK Ltd
By arrangement with Sony Music Licensing
Edited March 12 2017 by Khazaan
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Mass Effect Andromeda

March 12 2017
Yea good song, the OST will come with the Deluxe version of the game

Mass Effect Andromeda

March 24 2017
I haven't grabbed this yet, but I'm interested in hearing what everyone thinks of it so far. Prolly will buy it in the next couple days. 

So thoughts? Are you enjoying it? Is it better, as good as or worse than the original three? No spoilers!
Lars Zandor

Lars_Zandor

Mass Effect Andromeda

March 25 2017
In a lot of things it is at least as good as Mass Effect 3. My only criticism of the game is that the facial animations are pretty bad. But I can overlook that since the rest of the game is just absolutely great and I haven't enjoyed a game this much in quite some time!
Edited March 25 2017 by Lars_Zandor
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Mass Effect Andromeda

April 04 2017
[No Spoilers] This amuses me 

and so does this from the same guy

2 people liked this
Edited April 04 2017 by GXV3
Ben

Gravity

Mass Effect Andromeda

April 04 2017
Love it so much, both the game and the videos i should say.
Edited April 04 2017 by Gravity
Kieran Kiki

Kierix

Mass Effect Andromeda

November 19 2017
Gareth, am i your dirty little secret?