Limits of Space Travel

Johnathan

TunaraDax

Limits of Space Travel

July 04 2016
I was watching this and thought how sad, yet how exciting that we at least could explore our own neighborhood.

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

(Invalid video video code)
4 people liked this
Edited July 05 2016 by nicholasjohn16
Gareth GXV3

GXV3

Limits of Space Travel

July 04 2016
This is so good! but yea very sad... I knew the universe was expanding.. but i prob didnt think that it was taking other galaxys with it.
i love stuff like this, breaking the facts down.

But who knows.. a few hundred years from now other beings.. or breakthrough knowledge of science and different forms of travel may be reachable, at the blink of an eye.
We've still yet to get past the time slowing down when we are exploring vs earth time and managing to keep time in sync.

The Iconians can do it.. why cant we!! :P

If anyone is interested, I follow a channel on youtube that has tons of discovery type 45 min documentary's on it
(I cant sleep without background noise so watching these through the xbox while i drift off helps)
[url=
ience
3 people liked this
Johnathan

TunaraDax

Limits of Space Travel

July 04 2016
Annnnnd subscribed!
Jamie

tuvak

Limits of Space Travel

July 04 2016
Quote by TunaraDax
Annnnnd subscribed!

I've been a huge astronomy fan since I was young, and it was what initially got me interested in Star Trek. The first thing I really read that was debatable was whether the universe would expand forever and destroy itself in "The Great Rip" or if it would eventually collapse back in on itself in "The Great Crunch". Astronomy as a whole is just so full of unknowns that it will always be something of great interest to me.
Johnathan

TunaraDax

Limits of Space Travel

July 04 2016
Me too! I have always been awed at space and the beyond. What attracted me to Star Trek was that and the fact that Star Trek was progressive in the acceptance of everyone. (This was when I was struggling with being gay and not out of the closet yet)