If Stonewall was a country in the ESC...

Ted Hembach

TLara

May 03 2018

What if Stonewall was a country (voting in the Eurovision Song Contest)?

Lets find out! In this thread you can nominate your favorite act of the ESC 2018! What is your winner? Do you have an act you find worthy for the last place? Which participants won't make it through the Semi Finals? How would you distribute your points?

Please tell us. If you were a jury in the ESC, to whom would you give your points? There are 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10 and 12 points to distribute. Also, if you like, tell us which of the Semi Finalists you want to see in the Grand Final! Be sure to use the hashtag #yourovision in your post to get a small participation gift (STO ingame item). Leeeeet's do this!

For all other events involved please look here: Stonewall Yourovision 2018.
2 people liked this
Edited May 03 2018 by TLara

May 05 2018
Hello, this is hippiepunk from the planet Autonomia calling!

It was so hard to make a choice who to vote for. So before we start I want to make an honorable mention to Iceland and their classical utopian ballad „Our Choice“. It is a really good song, but the general quality this year is so high that it's just not good enough for the Top 10. Same goes for other good songs like Belgium, Finland, Ireland, Macedonia and the UK just to name a few.
The list of who I really expect to fail in the Semis is shorter:
  • Lithuania, because the song is just tooooooo boring.
  • Hungary, because Rock has it hard in the ESC anyways and... in hungarian?
  • Albania, because I can't even remember the melody.
  • San Marino, sadly. The song actually has its moments but... I guess they won't make it.

Now enough of pre-talking, let's get to the point and start with the points from 1 to 7:
1 = Denmark
2 = Estonia
3 = Bulgaria
4 = Slovenia
5 = Switzerland
6 = Australia
7 = Malta
and my 8 points go to the timeless and powerful canzone italiana per voi – Italy!

The ten points are awarded to the incredible Netta – who is nobody's toy but such a joy to listen to!
10 points for Israel.

And finally... my big twelve points... douze points... for the best song in this years songwriting contest... go to... the uplifting song written about how to write a song by the amazing and already eurovision-crowned songwriter Alexander Rybak!
12 points for Norway!

I am curious for more opinions! What do you think? What are your ten favourites? Who do you see dropping out in the Semis in a few days?

With all the best wishes to all our fleets #yourovision fans! Love and Peace!
hippiepunk
Unknown Person liked this
Edited May 05 2018 by hippiepunk
Ted Hembach

TLara

May 08 2018
Greetings, this is T'Lara from Vulcan calling. My logical analysis of the participants, their songs and the countries they represent of the First Semi Fimal of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 is complete. Here are the results (countries with strike-through will not make it to the Grand Final - in order of presentation):

• Azerbaijan
  • Iceland
  • Albania
  • Belgium
  • Czech Republic
  • Lithuania
  • Israel
  • Belarus
  • Estonia
  • Bulgaria
  • Macedonia
  • Croatia
  • Austria
  • Greece
  • Finland
  • Armenia
  • Switzerland
  • Ireland
  • Cyprus

Green = qualified for the Final :-)
Red = not in the Final :-(
I'm excited waiting for the #yourovision party!
Edited May 08 2018 by TLara

May 08 2018
***hippiepunk vote UPDATE after the First Semifinal***

Oh wow this was so much fun! And oooooh my I was so wrong in predicting who will not qualify! Albania AND Lithuania made it to the Final!
Well, had Albania performed their song like this from the start, I would definitely had remembered them from the beginning. This was way better than the video, I think their place in the final is well deserved.
And Lithuania...? I don't understand it. Croatia, Switzerland, Armenia out but... Lithunaia in? But, okay, it's part of the fun that Eurovision surprises you and I love that too... although I still don't get it. Do you? Can somebody explain this to me?

Also, having heard the live performances and since Switzerland was thrown out I am forced to change my votes for points 1-7:
1 - Albania (yes they performed from nonqualifier to my Top 10, that's what Live can do if you do it right)
2 - Denmark
3 - Slovenia
4 - Australia
5 - Bulgaria
6 - Malta
7 - Estonia

Peace, Love, Anarchy - hippiepunk out
Edited May 08 2018 by hippiepunk
Ted Hembach

TLara

May 10 2018
Greetings, this is T'Lara from Vulcan calling again. My logical analysis of the participants, their songs and the countries they represent of the Second Semi Fimal of the Eurovision Song Contest 2018 is complete. Here are the results (countries with strike-through will not make it to the Grand Final - in order of presentation):

• Norway
  • Romania
  • Serbia
  • San Marino
  • Denmark
  • Russia
  • Moldova
  • Netherlands
  • Australia
  • Georgia
  • Poland
  • Malta
  • Hungary
  • Latvia
  • Sweden
  • Montenegro
  • Slovenia
  • Ukraine

Green = qualified for the Final :-)
Red = not in the Final :-(
I'm still excited waiting for the #yourovision party!
Edited May 10 2018 by TLara
Ted Hembach

TLara

May 12 2018
Hello again! This is T'Lara from the desert planet Vulcan. As logic states, here are our votes for the Eurovision Song Contest 2018:

First of all we have to name three contestants we would like to mention, as their performance is to good to go by unnoticed: Austria, Estonia and Finland. Great songs. Now to our points:

1. Sweden
  2. Norway
  3. Denmark
  4. Serbia
  5. Slovenia
  6. Italy
  7. Moldova

Our 8 points go to the neo-looped-chicken song about not being a stupid-boy-toy: ISRAEL.

10 points we give to our new family member AUSTRALIA with their encouraging hymn about love.

And finally, our 12 points for our winner of the contest, to the shooting star runner up...
...BULGARIA! Congratulations.

Live long and hear music!
Edited May 12 2018 by TLara

May 12 2018
***Last hippiepunk Jury Update Personal Top10 before the Grand Final***

1 - Moldova
2 - Slovenia
3 - Albania
4 - Serbia
5 - Australia
6 - Bulgaria
7 - Italy
8 - Estonia
10 - Israel
12 - Norway