Thread Locked

Help Topic! If you have a forum error, post here!

Re: Help Topic! If you have a forum error, post here!

July 12 2011
It's almost been a month and no more message spamming! Yay!! It's finally been fixed. Now to fix comment notifications. . .
Johnnie

Jonathon_Davis

August 30 2011
Hello! I just started noticing text wrapping issues when reading other member's posts. Some words aren't wrapping around and bleeding out of the text box. I just thought I'd mention it.

August 31 2011
Quote by Jonathon_Davis
Hello! I just started noticing text wrapping issues when reading other member's posts. Some words aren't wrapping around and bleeding out of the text box. I just thought I'd mention it.

Okay, I think I've fixed it by editing just two lines of CSS. You'll probably need to clean your cache to see the changes. (If you're using Firefox, you can just do Ctrl+Shift+R to force a complete refresh.)

Now to fix the menu!
Denis

SBOSlayer

August 31 2011
I keep getting an unable to load page message from the forums. Seems to be intermediately tho.
Joey

jumpinjoey

December 19 2011
I cannot add any characters to my profile. When I click add character, it just takes me back to the KoS home page. I tried to search the forums for a solution but everyone else seems to get to the next page at least, I can't even make it that far. :(
Kidd Kasper

kiddkasper

December 19 2011
Quote by jumpinjoey
I cannot add any characters to my profile. When I click add character, it just takes me back to the KoS home page. I tried to search the forums for a solution but everyone else seems to get to the next page at least, I can't even make it that far. :(

Hey jumpingoey, that's certainly an odd problem. Hopefully, I can offer some suggestions that may help. From what you posted, I'm going to assume that you can actually get to the character list screen. When you click on the Add button at the top of the Character Manager, the Add Character section should display right below to be able to add characters. It sounds like that second area isn't displaying.

First, I would ask you what browser are you using and is it up-to-date? Also, is your Java addon up-to-date as well? Next, I'd try clearing your cache (or Temporary Internet Files) Depending on the browser you use would determine how that is accomplished.

The problem could likely be something else, but I would start with these first.
Edited December 19 2011 by kiddkasper
Joey

jumpinjoey

December 19 2011
Quote by kiddkasper
Quote by jumpinjoey

Hey jumpingoey, that's certainly an odd problem. Hopefully, I can offer some suggestions that may help. From what you posted, I'm going to assume that you can actually get to the character list screen. When you click on the Add button at the top of the Character Manager, the Add Character section should display right below to be able to add characters. It sounds like that second area isn't displaying.

First, I would ask you what browser are you using and is it up-to-date? Also, is your Java addon up-to-date as well? Next, I'd try clearing your cache (or Temporary Internet Files) Depending on the browser you use would determine how that is accomplished.

The problem could likely be something else, but I would start with these first.

I am using Google Chrome in Windows 7. I cleared everything and still nothing.

UPDATE:I opened IE9, which I never use, and I get the same result.
Edited December 19 2011 by jumpinjoey

December 20 2011
That seems like a very odd problem. It'd probably be easier for me to add the first character for you and that should fix the problem.

Can you tell me the characer name, game, faction, class and guild of the character that you're trying to add?
Joey

jumpinjoey

December 20 2011
Quote by NicholasJohn16
That seems like a very odd problem. It'd probably be easier for me to add the first character for you and that should fix the problem.

Can you tell me the characer name, game, faction, class and guild of the character that you're trying to add?

Ok- character name Viren, SWTOR, Empire, Sith Warrior (Juggernaut), LoS

Thanks!

December 20 2011
Quote by jumpinjoey
Quote by NicholasJohn16

Ok- character name Viren, SWTOR, Empire, Sith Warrior (Juggernaut), LoS

Thanks!

I've added your character to the character manager for you. You should now see it when you open up the Characters page.
Brad

Jedilicious

KoS Website Assistance

January 03 2012
Hey guys.

Two things I've run across lately have me confused here on the site. I've used a lot of forums before, even installed and run a few myself, but this one has me completely flummoxed. :(

1) Even when I check "remember me" on the login page, it's not keeping me logged in. I've enabled cookies and other websites seem to remember me, but I need to login here each time I come to visit. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix/adjust this to keep me actually logged in? I'm using Firefox on PC with Windows Vista.

2) How do I change my signature? I figured out how to do it before by going over to the Stonewall Fleet site (following the link in the header) and editing my profile there, however that no longer seems to work.
Jon

Justjon

Re: KoS Website Assistance

January 03 2012
I didn't get it to stick for me till I think I tried to post something and had a different login than the first one ask me. The front login on the right is oddly bugged for me anyway the username/pass fields don't line up with the boxes in any browser mac/pc.

Unknown Person

January 04 2012
Quote by Jedilicious
1) Even when I check "remember me" on the login page, it's not keeping me logged in. I've enabled cookies and other websites seem to remember me, but I need to login here each time I come to visit. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix/adjust this to keep me actually logged in? I'm using Firefox on PC with Windows Vista.

I think this is a problem a lot of people have and isn't to do with your cookies or anything. I'm just not sure what the problem is.

Quote by Jedilicious
2) How do I change my signature? I figured out how to do it before by going over to the Stonewall Fleet site (following the link in the header) and editing my profile there, however that no longer seems to work.

On the main navigation bar (Home - Welcome Center - Network etc) if you roll over the "Forums" button a drop down should say "Forum Profile" ... click that.

Then there should be a small "Edit" button a little bit down on the right hand side. It should take you to: http://knightsofstonewall.com/forums/forum-profile/edit .

There you just need to click the "Profile Information" tab and scroll down till you see the signature box which is right at the bottom, make your chances and away you go!

Quote by Justjon
I didn't get it to stick for me till I think I tried to post something and had a different login than the first one ask me. The front login on the right is oddly bugged for me anyway the username/pass fields don't line up with the boxes in any browser mac/pc.

Yeah they don't match up. It's a problem with the current template we are using and has been a constant irritation. Sorry!! :(
Jon

Justjon

January 04 2012
Quote by Halish

Yeah they don't match up. It's a problem with the current template we are using and has been a constant irritation. Sorry!! :(

Didn't bug me much lol I was just like hmm look at that and went about my business.
Kidd Kasper

kiddkasper

January 04 2012
The DIV needs to be tweaked to make it line up right. But, Nick has had more pressing issues that are going to have to be resolved.
Brad

Jedilicious

January 04 2012
Quote by kiddkasper
The DIV needs to be tweaked to make it line up right. But, Nick has had more pressing issues that are going to have to be resolved.

I understand more pressing issues. Thanks for the quick work-arounds!

January 05 2012
Quote by Jedilicious

This is a problem that people have reported on and off for years. I've never been able to track down the cause.

I use Windows Vista and Firefox and it works perfectly for me.

In Firefox's menu, click Options, then go to the Privacy tab and click on remove individual cookies. This will bring up the browser for cookies. In the search bar enter 'stonewallfleet' or 'knightsofstonewall' and see if you have cookies saved there. The main one you'll be looking for has a name and content that's basically a bunch of random numbers and letters.

If you find it, it should be working.
Whittier Strong

SiranNataan

January 05 2012
XP/Firefox and I don't have the problem, either.
Linda Layne

Ltervlet

April 14 2012
Hey Nick, I don't know if this is part of the same problem we've been discussing about the website logging us out after a bit of time, but I have been having problems when I try to submit a long post. It also does this whenever I use the PM system. If it has taken me some time to complete the post, when I hit submit, instead of what I've typed posting, the page "blinks" and I am redirected to the forum "home page" (the page that displays after you click "forums" at the top of the page. This occurs after a fairly short time frame, like only about 5 minutes or less. The workaround I've come up with is if I think the post is going to take me some time to complete, I use notepad to type the message and then copy/paste to the forums. I thank god I have administrator privleges because I can't use smilies or quote anyone's post in notepad. Just let me know if it's something I am doing or not doing and should be. Thanks! :)
Edited April 14 2012 by Ltervlet

April 19 2012
Quote by ltervlet
Hey Nick, I don't know if this is part of the same problem we've been discussing about the website logging us out after a bit of time, but I have been having problems when I try to submit a long post. It also does this whenever I use the PM system. If it has taken me some time to complete the post, when I hit submit, instead of what I've typed posting, the page "blinks" and I am redirected to the forum "home page" (the page that displays after you click "forums" at the top of the page. This occurs after a fairly short time frame, like only about 5 minutes or less. The workaround I've come up with is if I think the post is going to take me some time to complete, I use notepad to type the message and then copy/paste to the forums. I thank god I have administrator privleges because I can't use smilies or quote anyone's post in notepad. Just let me know if it's something I am doing or not doing and should be. Thanks! :)

Replies to this thread automatically come to my email. :)

Yeah, this is basically the same as the logout thing. Once your session expires, you automatically get logged out, if you're typing a message or forum post, when you try to post it the form would have expired and it won't work. I'm going to try to increase the session time again to hopefully prevent this from being an issue.